13th July 2012, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for M.Tech(GATE examination)?

hello i am venkatesh i have small for a entrance examination that means how to prepare m-tech(GATE EXAMINATION)

14th July 2012, 07:08 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to prepare for M.Tech(GATE examination)?

Hi,
Why do you want to go for GATE, when you have the facility of joining an M.Tech course in the respective university directly by their own admission procedure. You can try for the respective university directly when they advertise for M.Tech candidates and sit for their own admission tests. When you go for GATE you are competing with candidates from all over India. Whereas in the university itself you will be competing with candidates ranging around 40-60 in number. So this becomes much easy and helpful for any person. Also after clearing the admission you need to go for the respective interview. If you clear it and have the knowledge required to impress the examiners you will be admitted in M.Tech course.

Now to particularly answer your question, GATE is a basically OMR sheet based test. So objective type questions are there. If you give any wrong answer points are cut. So it is not enough just go through your text book, you will have to understand each and every line of your text book. You did not mention your M. Tech stream, but mathematics is a common subject. So if your syllabus has this subject, prepare it thoroughly. Do not leave any chapter mentioned under mathematics. Also you need to go through every topic of your specialization also. Practice the sums in a copy and be through with all the procedures.Good Luck.
14th July 2012, 11:19 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello i am venkatesh i have small for a entrance examination that means how to prepare m-tech(GATE EXAMINATION)

First of all you should read out the syllabus and prepare according to it.
Then you prepare according to the time available to you.

If you have enough time then you must start your studies with the standard books.
Study these as deeply as you can. It will be better than the study material that you may get from various coaching institutes.

Do you gate preparations along with your Btech studies. I mean if you are in 5th standard then you must study all such subjects which will be both in your 5th semester exam and Gate also very deeply so that you do have to spend much time on it later on.

And then in the winter break/summer Break you can study the old subjects, revise the subjects of previous semesters.

You must not attempt to study the whole syllabus if it is hard for you. You leave out a subject or two if you are very weak in it. Dont stress yourself out.

Yes if you have enough time like 2 years then you can start with the subjects that you are weakest in and if you don't have much time then start with the strongest subjects.

2 most important parts Are Mathematics and general aptitude Since these have the highest weighate of 15% marks each which is more than any other subject.
So you must study these continuously even if Mathematics is not in your semester syllabus then you can keep revising the formulas.

There are also some books which have all questions in the objective form for all the gate subjects. You can consult with your teachers or seniors to know about these.
These are sometimes even more usefuk than the standard book if you are able to find the right writer.

Then you must see the old papers. The questions may not be repeated (in GATE most of the time questions are not repeated at all) But it will be good for practicing and checking your preparation.

The best thing about old papers is that they will give an idea of the pattern which is most likely to be same.

It means that if a questions is asked from a particular topic then it may not be repeated next year but another question is most likely to be asked from the same topic

So must prepare a list of all such topics and prepare them better.

And yeah lastly teaching is the best way of learning if you have time to give tuition or you can teach your younger brother or sister the subjects of your GATE syllabus then it will surely help you.
14th July 2012, 03:57 PM
eiidelhi
Junior Member+

Arrow Re: How to prepare for M.Tech(GATE examination)?

First you see syllabus for gate exam.

After that You should take Postal Study material for crack gate easily.

If you have any problem during gate prepare then you should concern any gate & ies toppers teachers who can understand you very easily as well.

Otherwise, you should take admission for gate coaching in any institute for gate coaching.

First you should investigation about the faculty.

I heard Engineers Institute of India is the best gate coaching.
6th August 2012, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

i'm in 2'nd year student
can i start the preparetion at now???...

or can i eligible?? for the examination???
24th October 2012, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

i am 5th semester cse btech student. i have 5 arrears. 3 have written. i wish to join m.tech. what are the procedures?
20th January 2013, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

do we have to start gate examination frm 2nd year itself???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?