4th November 2010, 11:13 PM
RukminiDevi

How to Prepare for Placements after Completion of BTech?

I am now in final year B.Tech.I want to do job after completion of my B.Tech and gain at least 2 years of experience and go for higher studies.How to proceed for this?

5th November 2010, 12:11 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to Prepare for Placements after Completion of BTech?

It is good that you have decided to go in for placement and for a job. Your decision is right , now to prepare for placement, you need to prepare for interviews. GD's and some logical and analytical reasoning tests. Many companies conduct a 3 stage recruitment process. Some of them insist 70% marks in the Btech exam, hence please be careful on your academics to ensure that you have minimum cut off marks for participating in the recruitment process. Also sharpen your logical and puzzle solving skills by practicing.
5th November 2010, 02:31 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Good way of thinking
firstly start preparing your core subject prepare atleast two subject very strong.
also strong your communication skills.
practice for apptitude test and gd interview.
make a group and prepare it will more helpful for you.
5th November 2010, 06:40 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

if you want to be selected from campus placement .then first of all try to know as much as possible about the company coming as the questions are generally asked about these. you should be clear about what is good in you. and what is bad. try to give impressive answers. good luck
5th November 2010, 07:52 AM
Unregistered

i am doing b.com in financial marketting and want to do some side course so please suggest me any of the course wchich is benefical for me.please
5th November 2010, 08:50 AM
ashwani avasthi

Smile Re: How to Prepare for Placements after Completion of BTech?

For the placements after completion B.Tech,some steps are required.these are following -

1-apptitute test
2-G.D.(groop discussion)
3-H.R.(human resource)
wish you all the best for your bright career.
5th November 2010, 08:59 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

hiiiiiiii rukmini you are in right direction....and comming to career preparation you must be well enough in aptitude and reasoning which is basic requirement for any software company for that you can go r.s agrawal and basic grammatic English is required for MNC companies and even well prepare some puzzles these are dont take as homework or any thing like assignment---u can do this in only free time is more than enough........
5th November 2010, 09:25 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

hey...
a very happy dipawali...to you

and for placements you should be in good college else..if you are not
then go for some reference books like R S AGARWAL(QUANTITAIVE APTITUTE)
and. for logic various books by shakuntala devi
16th December 2010, 10:00 PM
Sk.Subhani

Quote:
Originally Posted by RukminiDevi View Post
I am now in final year B.Tech.I want to do job after completion of my B.Tech and gain at least 2 years of experience and go for higher studies.How to proceed for this?
Hello.

Maintain good academics in your bachelors because, primary eligibility criteria is your academics. Develop your aptitude and verbal reasoning skills because, these are the only skills that are tested in the first round.

Secondly, develop good communication skills.

Have a Positive attitude.

All the Best!
27th December 2010, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

hai and actually i want to know did any courses are required after complition of b.tech for pursuing in any one of the job? if required what are they? could you please help me out?
27th December 2010, 10:55 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: How to Prepare for Placements after Completion of BTech?

hi dear,

You can prepare for placement by do regular checking all update news, improve oyur tecnical as well as softskill ........

good luck.
28th December 2010, 10:42 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

there are three main step to go for placement depending upon the company.
1. aptitude test
2. group discussion
3. interview(technical & HR)

but it vary from company to company. few company don't have any group discussion but other two are almost must for every company.

so for getting placed in good company you should be prepared for all that. first you have to prepare for your academic subject. you must be strong enough in technical subject. for this revise now all the technical subject paper of your graduation.

for aptitude test buy some good book and practice from it. Reasoning by R.S agarwal is a good book for aptitude part. try to improve your problem solving capability within very short time.

improve your communication skill to be successful both in group discussion and in interview. try to be prepare for some pinching question in interview. visit www.allinterview.com to go through the some interview question papers.

best wishes.
28th December 2010, 12:50 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to get good placement in Top Companies, then please work hard for that from Now. In now a days, if you want a good Company, then you have to face Written aptitude test, GD, and Interview.

If you clear both these test, then you are got Good Jobs in Companies. So, please prepare for Aptitude test, just purchase quantitative aptitude books. So that you are able to clear the placement exams.

And please also focus on GD and Communication skills, just improve your communication skills as well as read the latest general knowledge. So that you will be able to crack the Interview.
28th December 2010, 01:15 PM
mishra245

After completing your B.tech your placement is very important to make in the field.
So, you can preparing now with the some books and by internet sources.
You can buy a reasoning book for help in the placement as soon as possible.
28th December 2010, 01:23 PM
yajvendra

Thumbs up Re: How to Prepare for Placements after Completion of BTech?

good afternoon dear friends
in may colleges you get placements in campus so try to get placements in campus but if you dont get then you can join any institute that help you to get placement
all the best
28th December 2010, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

I'm final year student.I would like to do job in good company but my acadamic is not that much good. It is near about 54.84%.Am i able to appear any company?
If yes then how should i preapare? and if not then what should i do?plz suggest.
28th December 2010, 06:18 PM
pratiktortikar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RukminiDevi View Post
At first you need to have aggregate percentage fof 70% in your b.tech, because all the comoanies will hire the students who have scored more than 65 or 70% in their b.tech or BE.

For campus placements or an off campus selections you need to be very good sound person though you have good knowledge in your subject.
In intervies there would be 3-5 rounds (depends on the company).The main two are analytical and verbal ability.If you are good in anaylitical and verbal ability then it might be easier to you for further rounds of the interview.
If you clear these two rounds i.e analytical and verbal(probably written part),then you will have HR round which if for testing yoyr communication skill and all that stuff.
In technical roung you will face questions on your core subject.From all these the main part is in anaylitical and verbal,If \you clear these two then its a piece of hot cake for you.
Go to this link and download the artical about how to grow up anaylitical abilities with examples and problems.(www.nwcet.org/downloads/CurrITCore.pdf)
(http://testfunda.com/examprep/catcentre/cat-100-percentilers/article/how-to-improve-at-verbal-ability.htm?assetid=5be336fd-2c29-4713-b493-a8157ffb8a85) this link is for how to inprove your verbal ability.
Verbal ability is for testing english and etc...
ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR INTERVIEW!
30th December 2010, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

even if i prepared for tests from r.s agarwal, most of the companies are conducting in high level aptitude and reasoning and for english also .can you give me a suggestion to overcome this problems
24th January 2011, 06:41 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me -
It is good that you have decided to go in for placement and for a job. Your decision is right , now to prepare for placement, you need to prepare for interviews. GD's and some logical and analytical reasoning tests. Many companies conduct a 3 stage recruitment process. Some of them insist 70% marks in the Btech exam, hence please be careful on your academics to ensure that you have minimum cut off marks for participating in the recruitment process. Also sharpen your logical and puzzle solving skills by practicing.
Thanks.
1st February 2011, 11:19 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hi,

Its good to know that you have decided something for your future.If you want to work for two years than you can apply jobs in some leading companies or an campus interview will be held up,so you can try in that.The procedure for appearing campus interview is that there will be three stages.
1.Aptitude test
2.Group discussion
3.Human resource.
If you can get through this then you will be selected.you can work for two years and then mean while prepare for GATE exam for your higher studies in which if you do well you will get a scholarship for your further studies.

so best of luck.
31st July 2011, 08:21 PM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Dear friend,
While going for any placement papers you should have to go through three phase:
*Apptitude test
*Group discussion
*Personal interveiw

For apptitude test just go through R S agarwal books and for english skill test just go through Upkar publication and for General awareness test go through hindu newspaper
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?