19th November 2010, 11:42 PM
padmareddy

How to prepare for SBI clerk exam?

pls tell how to prepare english,general knowledge.please tell how to prepare for SBI clerk exams.pls give full details sir

24th November 2010, 02:47 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for SBI clerk exam?

HELLO,if you are belief on your self-confidence & on your hard work then absolutely you can qualify this exam.moreover if you are self studying then,you have to increase your general knowledge as much as you can.study the accountancy,practice maths(fundamentals),& general english, that will be very benefecial for you.for english language you can refer ABC, repidex english speaking course & for GK you can refer the latest GK book of 2010.
you can also prepare selected portion of history.
OK, BEST OF LUCK.
24th November 2010, 09:46 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmareddy View Post
pls tell how to prepare english,general knowledge.please tell how to prepare for SBI clerk exams.pls give full details sir
Joining a coaching class will be a good idea as the competition is very high and every one appearing for the exam tent to be well prepared. There are many good institutes which offer coaching classes for the same. Math, analytical and verbal reasoning, English language, etc will be asked in the examination. Try to solve as many sample question papers as possible also there are books for references available in the market. It is advisable to purchase a good one and practice regularly. Some books are Bank recruitment tests by Dr. Lal and Bhatnagar, Kilt for Bank recruitment test, published by Dhillon group etc.
24th November 2010, 11:48 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Well to crack SBI clerk exam first of all I would advice you to go for a good coaching institute. If you are not getting any good coaching specially for SBI clerk exam I would suggest you to go for an MBA coaching institute like IMS,TIME etc since they have some similar content

Books to refer:

Now coming to the books part. There are lots of books available but choosing the right one is important. You can go for
a book by Dhillon group Kilt for Bank exam

You can even subscribe to monthly magazines which will help you more as you will get latest updates on monthly basis.

Thats for the test part. Now coming to the "How to prepare for the interview"

There is no such fix formula to crack an interview. Its just that you have to be yourself. Dont fake around. Keep yourself updated about the latest current and past affairs. You can even join a coaching for interview learning purpose

So prepare hard for the entrance test and dont worry you can do it!
25th November 2010, 12:04 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How to prepare for SBI clerk exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmareddy View Post
nice to see that you are giving clerk exams.to crack this you don't need to go for any coaching, self study with great patiance and knowledge can explore the world. but this is a exam.

you can do it.

books to refer.
1.for English.
refer competition success review
2.for general knowledge the same will help you.
3.SBI clerk exam books will also help you.

but from your side.
1.try to figure out pattern after surveying previous year question papers
http://entrance-exam.net/sbi-clerk-r...t-exam-papers/

good luck
25th November 2010, 12:11 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

To prepare for english section of bank clerk exam you should lay emphasis on reading comprehension as 10-15 questions are based on it. Solving previous years question paper will give you an idea about the type of questions coming in the exam. To strenghten your vocabulary refer word power by norman lewis.

The general knowledge section of the bank clerk exam consists of questions on current affairs, Banking & finance, general science & sometimes marketing aptitude. The GK section gives maximum weightage to questions on current affairs. For GK you should refer pratiyogita darpan. Also make a habit of reading newspaper daily.
25th November 2010, 08:00 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

prepare for SBI clerk exam
Joining a coaching class will be a good idea as the competition is very high and every one appearing for the exam tent to be well prepared.

There are many good institutes which offer coaching classes for the same. Math, analytical and verbal reasoning, English language, etc will be asked in the examination.

Try to solve as many sample question papers as possible also there are books for references available in the market.

. Some books are Bank recruitment tests by Dr. Lal and Bhatnagar, Kilt for Bank recruitment test, published by Dhillon group etc.

good luck.
25th November 2010, 03:44 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

to clear SBI clerk first you have to improve your general knowledge.

to improve general knowledge try to read newspaper regularly. try to collect information about the recent topic of discussion. buy books from market for general knowledge.

to improve reasoning part buy good book and practice it. a good book for bank exam is reasoning by R. S. Agarwal. you may buy it for reasoning.

to improve mathematics part just do practice very much. only practice can make you strong in mathematics.

these are sufficient for the written examination.

for interview first you have to improve your english communication skill and the general knowledge and your personality. to improve english read english newspaper. try to speak in english with the friends and others who knows english.

best wishes.
25th November 2010, 03:47 PM
avinash0094

you can prepare from the previous year question paper. it is helpfull for you. you must more attend on english. thanking you..
25th November 2010, 05:44 PM
sharma4tu

pls tell how to prepare english,general knowledge.please tell how to prepare for SBI clerk exams.pls give full details sir.
26th November 2010, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

IN GENERAL WHO IS SUITABLE FOR SBI HAVING ARTS COMMERCE OR SCIENCE?
28th November 2010, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

what type of questions prepare in general awarness section and marketing and computer section
28th November 2010, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

how to prepare general awarnes part and marketing&computer part in sbi clercks exam
3rd December 2010, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare general awarnes part and marketing&computer part in sbi clercks exam
23rd December 2010, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

how many questions do we have to attempt so that we get aggregate in all parts..!!!
24th December 2010, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

how to prepareforunionbank clerckexam
17th February 2011, 11:01 PM
Bhupesh Arya

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for SBI clerk exam?

If you can manage time.And if you can solve 200 questions in two hour and 15 minuts,you should try for it.You have to secure 40%and 35%for sc and st every part of it.The exam has 5 parts-english,general awerness,reasonin,maths and computer and marketing.You should read any book of bank exam of SBI like prtiyogita drapan.
30th March 2011, 03:06 PM
Revathy GM

Dear Friend

SBI Clerical Exams will be completely based on aptitude

be fast and have some technical tips to solve problems based on

i) Time and work

ii) Boat problem

iii) Age problem

iv)Simple Interest and compound interest

v) general awareness

prepare well... Solve as fast you can..

All the best
30th June 2011, 04:02 PM
amit gaur2065

Preparation for Clerical exam you should do prepare these subjects;-
General knowledge
General awareness
Aptitude
Marketing aptitude
Computer related question
you can take also Prtiyogita darpan for prepration because it consists many types of papers(clerical).
5th November 2011, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

sir i m not prepare my clerk exam plz tell me how i"m prepare my exam
19th December 2011, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

which book i should refer for preparing sbi clerk..
27th December 2011, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

i want to attend the exam so please tell the exam date
27th December 2011, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

please tell me the next clerk exam date please
12th March 2012, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

plz suggest me how to prepare n how to plan for SBI,its for d frst time for me to attend a bank test ,which book would b d most preferable one to prepare....
24th March 2012, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,

I am Studying in kannada medium ,i cant face english banking exams ,if any alternative language kindly guide to me.
24th March 2012, 09:37 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Hi.

Here i am providing some necessary details regarding of preparation of SBI Clerk exam.

The questions coming in the examination are generally divided into 4 parts.

1) General Awareness

2) English Language

3) Quantitative Aptitude

4) Reasoning Ability

5) Computer Knowledge and Marketing Aptitude.

40 questions are coming from each sections. For each wrong answer 1/4 the of mark will be awarded as negative marking.

I am also attaching 2 model question papers with solution and also attaching the syllabus for the exam. You can also follow some books available in the market for preparation.

All the very best.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Part1 -1.jpg
Views:	1521
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	84441   Click image for larger version

Name:	part 1-2.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	84442   Click image for larger version

Name:	part 1-3.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	84443   Click image for larger version

Name:	part 1-4.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	84444   Click image for larger version

Name:	part 2- 1.jpg
Views:	765
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	84445  

Click image for larger version

Name:	part 2- 2.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	84447   Click image for larger version

Name:	part 2 - 3.jpg
Views:	581
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	84449  
Attached Files
File Type: docx SBI Syllabus.docx(11.6 KB, 139 views)
31st March 2012, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

I want 2 knw ho w 2 prepare 4 bank exams.
31st March 2012, 09:38 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in SBI clerk examination
then you must have these criteria

SBI CLERK CRITERIA :

1.You must have minimum 60% marks in 12th standard examination.
2.Your age must be within 18 to 28 years
3.You must be an Indian

I think you have all these criteria
Now for preparation you can go through these books

LIST OF BOOKS TO BE FOLLOWED :

Here are some sample papers for you.
You can follow these papers for preparation

SAMPLE PAPERS FOR SBI CLERK :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SBI CLERK_1.pdf(205.4 KB, 195 views)
File Type: pdf SBI CLERK_2.pdf(74.2 KB, 226 views)
File Type: pdf SBI CLERK_3.pdf(487.6 KB, 144 views)
File Type: pdf SBI CLERK_5.pdf(124.8 KB, 169 views)
File Type: pdf SBI CLERK_4.pdf(107.5 KB, 145 views)
22nd April 2012, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

DEAR Sir

Can u plz sent me 2010/2011 SBI Clerk Questions?
My e-mail add- [email protected]
21st May 2012, 08:15 PM
chetana.rsm

Hi,
please suggest me book for maths shortcuts.
21st May 2012, 08:17 PM
chetana.rsm

hi,

please give name of book for maths shortcuts.

Chetana
12th August 2012, 11:14 PM
samatha89
Member+

if you are belief on your self-confidence & on your hard work then absolutely you can qualify this exam.moreover if you are self studying then,you have to increase your general knowledge as much as you can.study the accountancy,practice maths(fundamentals),& general english, that will be very benefecial for you.for english language you can refer ABC, repidex english speaking course & for GK you can refer the latest GK book of 2010.
you can also prepare selected portion of history.
12th August 2012, 11:25 PM
samatha89
Member+

SBI clerk test syllabus and preparation:

There is no fixed syllabus for the SBI clerk’s written test. However, looking at the previous examination papers the candidates can follow the following pattern.

General Awareness – There would be around 40 questions related to general knowledge. The candidates should prepare for the following topics.

General Awareness topics – Science and Technology, Economy, Important Awards & Honors, Current national and international Events, Computer Knowledge, Banking Knowledge, Commissions, Appointments, Resignations, Sport, prominent personalities and Polity.

English Language – This section will also consist of 40 questions.

English Language Topics – General Grammar, Antonyms, Synonyms, Comprehension of a Passage, Sentence Completion and Vocabulary.

Quantitative Aptitude – The quantitative section is vast and it will also have 40 questions.

Quantitative Aptitude Topics – decimals and fractions, whole numbers, relationship between numbers, Ratio & Proportion, HCF & LCM, Simplification, Profit & Loss, Time and Work, Percentage, Partnership, Simple Interest, Time and Distance, Compound Interest, Permutations & Combination’s, Number Series, Probability, Approximate Values, Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency and so on.

Reasoning Ability – 40 questions from this section is as under.

Reasoning Ability Topics – symbols and their relationships, Arithmetical computation, decision making, verbal and figure classification, verbal and non-verbal, analytical functions, space visualization, judgment, problem* solving, discrimination, arithmetical number series, visual memory, observation, arithmetical reasoning, relationship concepts, differences, analysis, similarities, analogies, etc.

Computer Knowledge and Marketing Aptitude – Generally there would be 40 questions, 20 from Computer knowledge and 20 from marketing aptitude.

Computer Knowledge Topics – Operating and DOS, Introduction of Computer and History, Computer Device, Security Aspects for PC, PC and System Software, Advanced Technology Regarding Computer, MS Word, Various Uses of Computer, MS Excel, Internet Programming Language, Computer Net work, Computer of Future, , E world, Window etc.

Marketing Aptitude Topics – Marketing Investigation, Concept of Marketing, Appointment of company, Marketing Management, Staff Management, management and employees, Importance of Marketing, Total Quality Management, Marketing Concept, Marketing and Advertisement, Needs of Consumers, Responsibilities of Marketing, Business Concept, Division of Market, Market and Business, Total Customer Value, Factor Affecting Consumers, Concept of Buying and Selling, Buyer and Seller, Consumer Satisfaction, Consumer Index Prices, Theory of Bargaining, Total Customer Cost, Techniques of Consumer Satisfaction, etc.

The candidates should be well versed in all the above topics of each section in order to score high marks. The candidates should attain the minimum cut off marks for each section in order to be eligible. After the written exam procedure is over, the top candidates are called for interview which is the final stage of selection process. Therefore, it is vital that the candidates prepare for the interview properly
13th August 2012, 01:38 AM
randeephooda.2012

Hi dear,

Well to crack SBI clerk exam first of all I would advice you to go for a good coaching institute. If you are not getting any good coaching specially for SBI clerk exam I would suggest you to go for an MBA coaching institute like IMS,TIME etc since they have some similar content

Books to refer:

Now coming to the books part. There are lots of books available but choosing the right one is important. You can go for
a book by Dhillon group Kilt for Bank exam

You can even subscribe to monthly magazines which will help you more as you will get latest updates on monthly basis.

Thats for the test part. Now coming to the "How to prepare for the interview"

There is no such fix formula to crack an interview. Its just that you have to be yourself. Dont fake around. Keep yourself updated about the latest current and past affairs. You can even join a coaching for interview learning purpose

So prepare hard for the entrance test and dont worry you can do it!
Thanks
13th October 2012, 10:35 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

SBI PO exam consider only graduation no.Your graduation no is match to SBI PO criteria.SBI PO criteria is given below.

Those candidate have completed their graduation degree with above 60% marks from any recogniged university are eligible for SBI PO exam.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

SBI PO exam consist of two steps 1) Written test 2)Personal Interview.

For written test you must be prepare for mathematics and general knowledge.Also you must have basic knowledge computer field.

The written examination will comprise objective type of tests as follows :

Test Questions Maximum Marks
General Awareness 40
General English 40
Quantitative Aptitude 40
Reasoning Ability 40
Marketing Aptitude/ Computer knowledge 40

For more details you can visit to SBI own website.

Thanks
23rd March 2014, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

I am 17 years serving soldier and my qualification is BA with 48% marks please suggest me any job for private sector
Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?