5th January 2013, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

How should I become an IPS officer?

I am know that how i am make a ips and which ability needs make ips

28th March 2013, 07:12 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I become an IPS officer?

Selection of candidates is IPS is done through UPSC recruitment. UPSC carry out the selection process through written test and interview. Physical efficiency test is also conducted for selection. Medical standard test is conducted at the final round. You must be a graduate in order to apply. Your age must be less than 30 years.
14th July 2015, 04:33 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I become an IPS officer?

One who wishes to become an IPS officer has to appear in the Civil Services Exam . UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts civil services exam to make recruitment in the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS .IPS officer is the second most respected position of Civil Services next to IAS .

IPS stands for Indian Police Services .

The eligibility criteria to appear in the Civil Services exam are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian .

-The candidate must have passed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.There is no percentage bar for the marks secured in Graduation degree to appear for the exam .

-The candidate who are in the final year of their degree can also appear for Preliminary exam .

-The candidate age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years . The upper age limit is relaxed for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates .

- The eye sight required for a IPS officer are

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.

- The candidate should not suffer from color blindness or night blindness defect .

The selection process involves of

* Preliminary Exam

Preliminary Examination consist of two objective type papers i.e., General Studies and CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test) of 200 marks for each paper .

* Main exam

Mains Examination consist of 7 conventional type papers of 1800 marks .

* Personality Interview and Group Discussion .

The notification regardind the exam is published in the Employment news/Rozgar Samachar and in some leading newspapers of the country in the month of December .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?