7th May 2013, 09:32 PM
zineet prasad

How should I become an IPS? What is the percentage required in class 10th?

sir/mam i m nitesh iwant to becom ips . so,please help me what i do to become ips , what i am do after passing 12th , what % in class 10th,what should to doing in physical.

3rd September 2013, 11:04 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I become an IPS? What is the percentage required in class 10th?

Dear friend for apply IPS officer exam the minimum Education qualification is Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Indian Police Services exam is conducted by UPSC under Civil Services exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

Physical Standard:--

Height – Male 165 cm and Female -150 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Selection procedure :-

- Preliminary entrance exam

- Main entrance exam

- Interview

- Physical and medical test

So, friend you can first complete the Graduation degree from a recognized University after that you are eligible to apply IPS exam.

All the best......
11th September 2013, 10:27 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I become an IPS? What is the percentage required in class 10th?

You need to complete graduation to apply for the position of IPS. Selection process is made through prelims exam, mains exam, interview, and physical fitness test. Prelims exam is usually conducted in the month of May. Age of general category candidate must fall between 21 years and 30 years. OBC candidates can apply up to the age of 33 years. Thirty five years is the maximum age limit for SC/ST candidates.
17th September 2013, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam
iam studying in 10 which subject i want to choose in 11
18th September 2013, 02:03 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You don't need to worry about percentage in 10th or 12th. Your focus should on completing graduation. Because you should have a graduation degree to apply for the Civil Services Examination.

Just to make things clear, selection for Indian Police Service is done through entrance exam called Civil Services Examination. You can apply for this exam only after completing graduation.

So once you have passed 12th standard, you should apply for graduation. It could be any course of your choice. Any course for which you have taken subjects in 12th standard. For example of your subjects were PCM then B.Tech is a good option.

Please remember that no course will have advantage or disadvantage while applying for IPS. But you should still choose the course carefully. I recommend students to pick course in which they see future in case they are unable to crack the Civil Services Examination. I will recommend same thing to you.

IPS Eligibility

1. For IPS only Indian nationals can apply.

2. But the applicant should have graduation degree.

3. There is no minimum marks requirement.

4. Your age should be 21 to 30 years.

5. Upper age limit is extended by 3 years for OBC.

6. Relaxation given to SC/ST is 5 years.

Physical Requirements (Male)

1. Height should be 165 cm.

2. For Schedule Tribe, the requirement is 160 cm.

3. Chest should be 84 cm with 5 cm expansion.
18th September 2013, 06:16 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS - Indian Police Service, to become an IPS officer, one has to crack Civil Service Exam, conducted by UPSC once every year after Graduation Degree.

There is no requirement of any percentage of marks criteria in either 10th or inany level of Education for application to Civil Service Exam.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good Physical Fitness.

The candidate aspiring for IPS should have possessed minimum prescribed Physical requirement.

The selection is through two stages of written exam followed by Personal Interview.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
18th September 2013, 08:55 PM
venkat fias

IPS Exam deatials:
This exam conducted by UPSC Services.
every year conduct this exam, this exam conduct 4 stages.
@ preliminary
@ Main exam
@ Interview
@ Physical test.
Eligibility :
candidates must be on indian Citizen.
candidates complete any one bachelor degree on recognized university.
age between on 21----30 years.
Age Relaxation :
3 years relaxation on BC/MBCs.
5 years relaxation on SC/STs.
10 years relaxation on physical ability candidates.
height required 168cm on General male candidates.
165 cm on SC/ST male candidates.
155 cm on General female candidates.
152.5 cm on SC/STs female candidates.
chest required on 80 cm and 5 cm expansion on male candidates.
18th September 2013, 09:07 PM
Rashmirathi Verma

it does not matter,that what's your percentage in 10th
you should have addicted and prepared for apttitude test
and have update with current affairs.
22nd May 2014, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

i should or should not choose arts to become an IPS officer please tell fast i need to fill my forms
21st December 2014, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

In 9th class what should i was for ips police officer hindi subject is good for ips ? Or not which subject is good plz sir/ mem teel me ....
11th September 2015, 01:21 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends...................

Minimum qualification for IPS exam is graduation.
And here no percentages are required.
So, you have lot of time to give IPS. So, plan for civils from now onwards to get success.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC every year.
To become an IPS Officer you need to crack Civil Service Exam.

You need focused study of subjects.
should analyze the syllabus, and hard work is needed to crack this examination.

There is no percentage criteria for IPS exams.........
Minimum qualification required to appear for IPS exams is Graduation from a recognized university.
Age Limit:General - 21 to 30 yrs
OBC - 21 to 33 yrs
SC/ST - 21 to 35 yrs
Defence Personnal - 21 to 33 yrs
Ex serviceman - 21 to 35 yrs
Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.
For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best
14th September 2015, 01:42 AM
JSD.

Of course you are eligible for the B,com course.It is a bachelor degree course with the duration of three years. The basic eligibility criteria for this course is to have a +2 course in any stream with commerce as a major subject from a recognized board with good percentile.

Since there is not any particular or fix marks are require for the B.com course, that is why definitely you are eligible for this course.
6th June 2017, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir/mam I have passed my 10th examination with 67.77% so please can you advice me which subject is better for me in 11...
14th June 2017, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

sir/ma'am i have passed my 10th examination with 55% so please can you tall me am i able for crack IPS examination
25th June 2019, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

I have passed class 10 with 60% can i apply of for civil service examination
16th July 2020, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

I have got 71.4 percent in board exam in class 10th so I want to become an ips does I eligible or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?