4th August 2011, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Required percentage in 12th to appear for IPS Exam?

Is there is any percentage criteria in ips of 12th class. Because i want to write ips exam

5th August 2011, 01:28 PM
sachin200792

Default Re: Required percentage in 12th to appear for IPS Exam?

No, there is no contribution of 12th board marks in the IPS exam. Exam for IAS and IPS is conducted by UPSC every year. To be eligible to write the exam for IPS or IAS(exams are same for both the posts) you must at least be holding a graduation degree in any field.

To become an IPS you must clear all the stages of the exam taken by UPSC that is written exam exam and interviews.

There are two written exams Preliminary and Mains. And finally there is an interview before you can take the post for IPS. Class 12th board percentage has no importance in IPS exam although you must have passed class 12th board or some equivalent exam from some recognized board or university before doing graduation.
1st September 2011, 07:19 AM
Unregistered

who i can apply for ips
9th October 2011, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

my percentage in class 12th is not so good but i want to appear in ips exam then what can i do?
11th October 2011, 06:49 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Dear, for your kind information , I would like to state that there is no any kind of minimum marks requirements for apply in this examination.

any way, the others requirements for this exam are-

you must possess graduation degree in any stream from a recognized college.

the limit for apply in this exam is 21-30.

there are 5 & years of age relaxation for SC\ST candidates & OBC candidates respectively.

this exam has three stages to be clear-
1.prelims
2.mains
3.interview.

NO. OF ATTEMPTS-
four for a general candidate.

seven for a OBC candidate.

no such restriction for SC\ST candidates.

thanks!!
19th January 2012, 05:13 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

No there is no such demand of 12th marks...even the graduation marks does not matter, only a graduation degree from a recognized university matters.

Look the following basic criteria for IPS:

Educational qualification:
You should have completed your graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.

Age limit:
Should have crossed 21 years. But should not have crossed 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

Physical Standard:
Height – Male 165 cm

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123,
age 24 – 124,
age 25 –122,
age 28 – 124,
age 30 –125,
age 32 – 126,
age 34 – 127.

Others:
Good listening & normal ear cavity. Candidate should not stammer while speaking.
19th January 2012, 05:40 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is there is any percentage criteria in ips of 12th class. Because i want to write ips exam
hi,
For I.P.S exam 12th class marks is not require. You have to pass 12th after that graduation.
There is no restriction in percentage in I.P.S exam.

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
19th January 2012, 07:02 PM
amitchoudhary08

Required percentage in 12th to appear for IPS Exam?

Dear freind,

No, there is no contribution of 12th board marks in the IPS examination. Exam for IAS and IPS is conducted by UPSC every annually. To be eligible to write the exam for IPS or IAS(exams are same for both the posts) you must at least be holding a graduation degree in any courses and yoy should be between 21-30 year in these condition you are eligable to write exam.

To become an IPS you must clear all the stages of the exam taken by UPSC that is written exam exam and interviews.

There are two written exams Preliminary and Mains. And finally there is an interview before you can take the post for IPS. Class 12th board percentage has no importance in IPS exam although you must have passed class 12th board or some equivalent exam from some recognized board or university before doing graduation.

Gratuation is most important for IPS AND IAS exam.

BEST OF LUCK.

With regards,
Amit choudhary
19th January 2012, 07:28 PM
Mechanical Rai

Arrow Re: Required percentage in 12th to appear for IPS Exam?

Quote:
you don't need to worry about your 12th marks or percentage as it doesn't have to do anything with IPS exam. eligibility criteria includes only your graduation marks not your class 12th marks.
31st January 2012, 12:52 AM
swati_forum

No, there is no contribution of 12th board marks in the IPS exam. Exam for IAS and IPS is conducted by UPSC every year. To be eligible to write the exam for IPS or IAS(exams are same for both the posts) you must at least be holding a graduation degree in any field.

17th February 2012, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
requir

ed percentage
15th March 2012, 12:42 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,.
There is no required percentage needed in 12th standard for IPS exam.

IPS exam is conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

Eligibility:

You must have complete your graduation from any recognised university.

You should be a citizen of india.

The age limit is 21years to 30years.

So best of luck friend.
29th September 2012, 05:36 AM
Unregistered

sir
I am 12th but in second chance can i be a candidate after graduvation
19th February 2014, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir i want to apply for IAS my question is i was compartmental in 10th standard so can i apply for it right now i am going to give Bcom final year exam thanks in advance
23rd February 2014, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I want to be an IPS officer so for that what is the minimum percentage should I score in 12 and as well as in exam conducted by upsc? Sir
6th June 2018, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum number in class 12th for IPS?
17th July 2019, 09:56 PM
Banga18
Junior Member+

No there is no particular percentage for the eligibility of 12th class.
To get this position we have to work extremely hard with true dedication. This position not only provides you self satisfaction but also provide an opportunity to show your best. An IPS is Highest Ranked officer in Police Department and second Law Maker of state after judge. Before Getting This job an aspirant have to face a lot of hurdles. UPSC Designed a step by step examination pattern and an aspirant have to clear every hurdle to get this position. The eligibility criteria is as give below as u already decided your aim so you can go though these parameters as given below and work on them -

1- To become an IPS officer, the foremost level of this procedure is to qualify Civil Services Examination (CSE). Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) organizes Civil Services exam every year which happens in 3 sessions, Preliminary, Mains, and Interview. So, candidates who aspire for this position, have to clear all the rounds of Civil Services exam.

Height:- M/F: 165/150
Chest and eye sight:- M/F: 84/79(cm) and 6/6 and 6/9 to 6/12 and 6/9
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?