21st February 2013, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for GATE? I am a B.Tech student studying in 4th semester

i m a b tech student studying in 4 sem at present.....
i have a strong desire to get into iit for m tech
i want to crack gate at any cost and secure a rank in top 600
plzz guide me wat kind of prepration i shoulld start at present ????

Related Questions:
13th July 2015, 08:55 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for GATE? I am a B.Tech student studying in 4th semester

An early decision towards your career goal is very necessary to achieve the target within the time limit. Its good that you have taken an early initiative to appear for the GATE exam and start your preparation right from fourth semester of your degree.

Generally technical and core subjects of engineering is studied from third semester of engineering or technology. You have ample time to prepare for the GATE exam.

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering. This entrance exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology for M.Tech program. In the recent years, the importance of GATE exam is increased due to the fact that several Public Sector Undertakings have started to recruit candidates on the basis of GATE scorecard.

A proper strategy and time table plays a vital role for preparation of GATE exam. If you want to be among top candidates who clear GATE exam, you must be hardworking and have good determination and dedication towards your goal.

GATE is an online test consisting of 65 questions of 100 marks. 15 marks question is from aptitude and rest is from engineering stream. First of all make a list of your technical subjects of your engineering stream.

Read the best reference book for clear cut concepts of each and every topics as questions asked in GATE exam is conceptual and objective. They are tricky, you need to have good concept to solve them. If you donot have good concept, you can not solve them at all.

If you are unable to do self preparation, join a coaching institute like MADE EASY, GATEFORUM etc for preparation. However if you can do self preparation, coaching is not mandatory for cracking GATE. Once your preparation is done, you can join test series to assess your preparation.

Work hard and practice as much as possible. Solve different types of questions on different topics, analyze the previous year papers and be confident to crack the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?