17th July 2013, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for SBI PO entrance exam? Books to be referred?

I want to crack SBI PO. Now i am in 1st year. How will i prepare for cracking SBI PO exam? And what books should i follow?

19th March 2015, 11:18 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for SBI PO entrance exam? Books to be referred?

Books to be referred for SBI PO exam:-

Exam Pattern for SBI PO exam:-

20th March 2015, 05:44 PM
Subham Mazumdar

Default Re: How should I prepare for SBI PO entrance exam? Books to be referred?

For being eligible for SBI PO, you need to complete your degree and you should have minimum 21 years old.

You can start your preparation just 8 months before the examination. Because it would be the Ideal time for preparation for SBI PO.

You can refer many books for SBI PO available in Market. You can use Kiran Prakashan books as a reference and guide book for SBI Po Exam.

You can also join a coaching center to get a idea of bank and banking exam and should give the speed test regularly available in that coaching institute.

You should also attend mock interview for getting the idea about what question asked in interview in SBI PO.
21st March 2015, 08:48 AM
sanspeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to crack SBI PO. Now i am in 1st year. How will i prepare for cracking SBI PO exam? And what books should i follow?
Cracking any exam require hard labour and consistent study.
For cracking SBI PO exam one should start preparation early in order to achieve efficiency and time management.in any bank job time management is most important and intellectual skill.
For succeeding in this exam one should go through the daily practice of reasoning ,arithmetic calculation in fast way.
So I would like to suggest one should join mahindra institute for better preparation .
Here are list of books helpful in preparation:
Quantitative aptitude-rs aggarwal
Reasoning-Negi
English -wren n martin
Pratigyota darpan
Yojana samachar.
21st March 2015, 09:32 AM
Creator1991
Junior Member+

Quote:
Actually, you have a nice thought in initial stage itself. You have to maintain this spirit until the end of your examinations. Cracking SBI PO Examination is very tough because every year thousands of people appearing for this examination. So, SBI questions will very tough because here majority people will be filtration has been done for next level interview. Without proper preparations you can't crack this examination. So, you have to spend maximum time on preparation. Make timetable for every section and prepare the examination based on the timetable.

Probationary Officer written exam section consists of Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, Computer Awareness and English Language. Here Quantitative Aptitude will be tough section. So, try to spend maximum time on that. Learn some shortcut to crack the examination. Try to solve the problems in as soon as possible to avoid the killing of time. Major time was killed in the section only. So take necessary preparation before appearing for the examination. Buy recommend books in the market. R.S Aggrwal is enough for the Quantitative Aptitude. Remaining section will be easily cracked if you have cleared the quantitative. Less time is enough to prepare remaining sections.

-> SBI PO Exam - Probationary Officer Success Master 7th Edition
Author: Editorial Board
Publisher: Arihant
Rs. 395

-> SBI PO Previous Papers 1st Edition
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
Rs. 131

-> A Comprehensive Guide for State Bank of India - Probationary Officer Recruitment Examination 2014 1st Edition
Author: Sachchida Nand Jha
Language: English
Publisher: Kalinjar Publications
Rs. 155

-> SBI State Bank of India Probationary Officers' 2013 Recruitment Examination : Previous Solved Papers PB 11th Edition
Author: GKP
Language: English
Publisher: G K PVT. LTD
Rs. 450
13th June 2015, 04:15 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You need a graduation degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.
  • If you are in the final year of your exam then also you can apply for this exam.
  • The lower age limit for this exam is 21 years and the upper age limit is 30 years.
  • There is five years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates and three years for the OBC candidates.
Exam Pattern:-

SBI PO Exam consists of two phases: Preliminary Exam and Main Examination. The preliminary exam consists of three sections: English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. The duration of the exam is one hour and total marks allotted is 100.

Then comes the Main examination which consists of both objective section and descriptive section. 200 marks have been allotted for the former and 50 marks for the latter. The main exam finally is then followed by group discussion rounds and interview sessions.

Preparation Tips:-

To crack any exam one needs to make an elaborate plan and stick to it as diligently possible to reap the benefit of it. It is good to see that you have definite plans of what you are going to do after the graduation in the first year itself. This will definitely will give you more time and scope now to prepare for this exam without really hurrying into things.

As you must have seen that there are two stages of exam in SBI PO and it is therefore important to pin point your areas of strength very early on and work on it as much as possible. Because these are the sections which is going to fetch you easy marks. This in no way however means that you should overlook or avoid the tough areas.

The mathematical section is one such section for which no quick fix comes in handy. Therefore you should practise this section daily. To keep a track of your progress you should also try and solve as many practise papers as possible. Lots of model papers are available online.

For the english section again you need to read books and watch english movies to enrich your vocabulary. For the GK section you have to read newspapers daily, watch news channels or you can also buy books which shortlists the important events in a book form.

Lastly, as mentioned earlier no matter how much you study the real implementation of it needs to be done in a limited time so time management is of key importance here. Therefore try to solve papers in an allotted time to increase your speed level. This will give your confidence level a much needed boost.

SBI PO Exam Books:-
  • A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Revised Edition by R.S.Agarwal
  • The Hand on Guide to Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning by Peeyush Bhardwaj
  • Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by R. S. Aggarwal
  • Quantitative Aptitude Test by N. K. Singh
  • Objective English for Competitive Examinations by Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Rani Sinha
  • High School English Grammar & Composition Revised Edition 1st Edition by Wren & Martin
  • Lucent’s General Knowledge 3rd Edition by Vinay Karna, Manwendra Mukul
  • Guide to Banking General Awareness and Banking Aptitude Test by RPH Editorial Board
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?