25th June 2012, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

How to start preparation for UPSC examination(IAS)?

how i start preparation for UPSC Examination(IAS) ?...pelase tell me

Related Questions:
9th July 2012, 03:27 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start preparation for UPSC examination(IAS)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how i start preparation for UPSC Examination(IAS) ?...pelase tell me
I could have better helped you if you have provided some information about your profession or some background details. Since this exam is given a large diversity of students ranging from top schools like Stephen’s , Xavier , IIMs, IITs , NITs etc . Although on the other side are students who are from lower category who have done just Bcom/Bsc that too through correspondence .

So, whatever be the profile of yours, lot of hard work is needed to get through this exam. A certain amount of time frame is needed for perfect preparation irrespective of background.

can either opt for coaching or prepare yourself. If you are a college student, then you can start your preparation now onwards .

Syllabus:

This exam covers lot of content like questions on economy, politics, business, policies of Govt etc. Besides this, you have to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

Two language papers will also be there. And there will be one essay exam. To score well in essay, you have to improve your GK and writing skills. So, you should write atleast one essay a day , you can take help of online sources for information and questions, there are lot of websites and blogs which can help you.

For GK and general awareness , you opt for postal material from coaching and read magazines & newspaper daily. Preparation can be really tough as you have to maintain your motivation throughout year, so be prepared mentally as well.

Check Preliminary Exam Pattern:

1st October 2013, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to start preparation for UPSC examination(IAS)?

i want to start upsc exam prepartion after completing bhms
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?