18th November 2014, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

Detailed procedure and tips for preparation of UPSC exam for B.Sc(Computer Science) student?

hello
i have completed my 2nd yr in Bsc(comp sci)
what should i do to start with upsc entrance exam ?
which book should i prefer for the same ?
plz explain me the whole procedure
for admission and preparation for UPSC entrance exam.

5th December 2014, 11:53 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Detailed procedure and tips for preparation of UPSC exam for B.Sc(Computer Science) student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello
i have completed my 2nd yr in Bsc(comp sci)
what should i do to start with upsc entrance exam ?
which book should i prefer for the same ?
plz explain me the whole procedure
for admission and preparation for UPSC entrance exam.
Union Public Service Commission, a central government organisation authorized to conducts different examinations for engineering services, civil services, defense and many more throughout the year across the country.

List of Union Public Service Commission exams include,

Civil Service Examination,
Engineering Service Examination,
Combined defense academy examination,
National defense academy examination,
Naval academy examination,
Combined medical service examination,
Special class railway apprentice,
Indian economic service,
Geologist examination and Central armed police service.

Eligibility Criteria:

Educational qualification: You should be a graduate or pursued degree in any discipline from any recognized university in India.

Age: Minimum of 21 years to maximum of 30 years on 1st august of the year of the examination. Upper age relaxation: A maximum of 2 years for OBC candidates. A maximum of five years for candidates belonging to SC/ST candidates.

Number of attempts: Four attempts for general category candidates and OBC category candidates under the creamy layer. Seven attempts for OBC category candidates. No limit on number of attempts on SC/ST candidates.

Being a challenging entrance exam, you need to put in a lot of hard work and planning into the preparation. You can make use of text books to study in detail about each and every section of the syllabus. Journals, magazines, newspaper and General Knowledge are good sources for gaining knowledge relevant to various sections of paper. You need to go through previous year question paper. Apart from gaining through knowledge of the subjects, you are also expected to be aware of various issues, current status and policies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?