1st December 2010, 10:29 PM
arpita jangu

How to study effectively 2 to 3 days before exam?

whether i should study at night or during day time .....???????????? type of food to eat to be concentrated???????????

2nd December 2010, 01:19 AM
ramakant sharma

Default Re: How to study effectively 2 to 3 days before exam?

its good question look dear it heavily depends upon once concentration but to be effective during exam time
1 don't open any thing believe in what you have done
2 make short notes of important formulas and points
3 don't study in hurry or study with concentration a full picture should be clear about the things while going through short notes
4 avoid late night study wake up in early morning
5 eat normal food avoid oily stuffs while exam duration
6 drink milk and take eggs if you can
7 be calm and make your concentration
8 don't wake in night before exam
these are some cool steps which may be helpful for you

all the best for your exams
2nd December 2010, 05:34 AM
Arindam Chakraborty

if u are thinking that u would cover up the whole syllabus 2 to 3 days before exminations then it is virtually impossible. the last 2-3 days are for revision not for studying. the apropriate time to study should be set according to ur needs. if u love sleeping then it wud be foolish to study at night. so set ur time according to ur need. have confidence in urself. if u r determined, concentration will come by itself.
2nd December 2010, 07:45 AM
ahamedyaseen

Thumbs up Re: How to study effectively 2 to 3 days before exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpita jangu View Post
whether i should study at night or during day time .....???????????? type of food to eat to be concentrated???????????
You should study early morning to concentrate on studies. take easily digested food.
2nd December 2010, 07:55 AM
neethubobby

he hi
i can make out that you are extremely tensed about exams.well there is no best time to study,its all based on an individuals mood and body language.
you first need to make your self mentally prepared before starting your studies.
studying late in night is not advisable cos this can affect you adversely.
so pick up a time schedule that can help you.
and food is a major matter of concern during exams.
avoid heavy food as this can make you lazy at the same time don stay without having your food as this can weaken your body.
all the most important thing is to stay calm and study
all the very best
2nd December 2010, 09:56 AM
pst

If you are a good scholar then you need not ask this question.Keep in my mind your aim and study hard wheather it is day or night.But don't forget to workout time for your food and sleep.These two are also very necessary.
2nd December 2010, 09:56 AM

Just try to relax your mind before 2-3 days of exam concentrate on your studies but not continusoly after 2 hours of your study you have to refresh your mind by a little game or by a little walk.
Try to study in early morning because n morning no body there to disturb you or secondly your mind is totally fresh on that time

In your diet try to eat light food like juice,salad,dal,chapati dont use junk food in exams
2nd December 2010, 09:57 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

It is always not preferable to do crash study before exam ..but if the time has gone and you want to get prepare then better to cover the part in which you are having good understanding and confident rather than preparing new stuffs..

But this will not be benefited every time so better to study before it is too late...
2nd December 2010, 10:34 AM
raja jeganathan

hey ,, everything is depands on your mind only

last minute preparation is only for getting pass in exam not for subject knowledge

so try to prepare before the exam

dont take heavy foods ,, it give sleep to you
2nd December 2010, 10:50 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hey this may sound funny but this is what every student faces.The main problem is tension which eats away half of the student's head but you can easily overcome it by just taking things cool.

Hey just practice usually as you do it daily in your routine life.See,it depends upon your interest like i usually study in the early mornings but my friends have to night out to sit and study.

Please don't take heavy and junk food.By having heavy meals you may feel to sleep while you study.So just take up light food so that you can concentrate more on your studies.

Take sufficient breaks after 1 hour of studying so that you don't feel bored.

all the best
2nd December 2010, 11:06 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Dear friend , exactly there is no any any trick to do so. you will have to keep patience .don't try to study whole night or late night . always prefer to study in the early morning. don't take tension . study upto 7 hours daily and give yourself approoriate time to rest and play so that it can refresh you ,which is very important for exam.
study in routine you can take help of your elders to do so. good luck
2nd December 2010, 11:43 AM
BYNA RAVITEJA

you must sleep for nearly 6-7 hours at the time of exams.
Sleep at 11pm and wake up at 5:30am.
take food lightly going before the exam.
never take stress of anything, be happy and go with a fresh mood in the examination hall.
take a handkerchief, water bottle
2nd December 2010, 12:29 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

first of all it is not a good habit to study only before the examination. if you want to do a good result in examination then you should study whole year with consistency.

but till if you are late. and now you want to make preparation for the examination then you have to study. actually there is no time for study. you have to study in daytime and as well as night. but you have to take proper sleep also otherwise you will be sick in examination time.

now you should eat normal food. if you change your food then there may be problem in your health. may be you will become tired easily. so it will harm your study. but if you want to study at night you have to eat some soft food like bread otherwise you will be sleepy at night.

if you regularly study on nigh then only try to study for examination on night. but if you think that daytime study is best for you then do not try to study at night it will harm your health and you will be tired at day time.

but after this examination you should study through the whole month. if you study omly before the examination then you can make good result but if you want to do best result you have to study throughout the year.

best wishes for the examination.
2nd December 2010, 12:45 PM
chandana Reddy

hi..
its not a good habit to study just 3 days before the exams...during that period you should only revise not studying things from the scratch..
study early in the morning,which will help you in understanding the things at a faster rate..

good luck
2nd December 2010, 01:00 PM
harmonies

Smile Re: How to study effectively 2 to 3 days before exam?

Quote:
Hi Arpita,
First of all, don't freak out for the exams. Theres always a better way. So, take a deep breath and relax.
And There's no such thing like a Proper Diet for the Exam Days, so forget about these Myths.
In any case,Here are few of my personal tips for preparing well,
First of all, Note down the Highest priority Topics, those which have been repeated many a times in the previous exams. Prepare them well.
Secondly, Practice the Diagrams,if any, thoroughly as a well presented answer sheet is always given credit.
Once you are done with this go for other areas you have left out. And on the Examination day,dont worry about anything you missed on while studying because that will only add to the stress. Rather, be confident in what you know and you surely gonna do well.
GOOD LUCK.
2nd December 2010, 01:07 PM
revanth

Quote:

Its not the time actually to start your preparation by this time you should have learnt almost everything you have to just revise in these last days.
you should have a perfect notes of full portion to be studied and only you should read the notes. regarding the timing it depends on your reading habits i.e, at which time you generally study. Donot change those habits just before the exam.
Each student has his own time of the day in which he can grasp the subject the most.it might be morning or evening and in days of exam make sure that you have atleast 7 hours sound undisturbed sleep.
As per food habits try avoiding oil food.eat little each time have it for more number of times i.e, instead of having food thrice have little each time but have snacks or something in between.
make habit of eating bananas it is said that it reduces tension.just before going to exam have a banana and go.

with best wishes
2nd December 2010, 01:10 PM
anupam chamoli

there is no no shortcut of getting pass in exams. you cannot achieve the goal by just studing before 3 to 4 days. but you should study hard to get pass.
best of luck
2nd December 2010, 01:13 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

hi friend
don't try to study at the Exam time only, you will not knew the concept the subject, but you will pass the exam, but think it's no use. most the student try to do this only, studying only at the last minute,one of my friend used to study like this only, but he cleared all the paper, but at the point of Interview time he cannot able to clear the exam and he failed in Interview.
now he is studying from the Basic from the home, no use, do that before itself, if u selected in any company they will ask question, if you din't answer any thing they will scold you like any thing, i seen many of them in my company
have proper meals and don't eat non veg more, drink milk or tea at the midnight
Best od luck
2nd December 2010, 01:34 PM
navneet.rishi

It is common with most of us that we are in a hurry to complete our work in the eleventh hour
i believe that even if you study hard round the but the last our revision is very significant and can bring great change in your result

since these last hours are very precious so it should be utilised in a proper way to give best outcomes
since there is not much time so during these hours you can just revise old things that you have already read you cant afford to read something new during these hours
and the study should be totally syllabus oriented anything beyond the syllabus should not be entertained
further you can focus on building a good examination temperament
and the most IMPORTANT is you should take good care of your healthand food habits
and blessings from your elders is equally important
best OF luck for the exam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2nd December 2010, 01:41 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

If you have try to study 2 to 3 days before exmas, then definately, you could not acheive good marks in your exams.

So, please create a habit to study daily, Only then you will get acheive good percentage in your exams. If your basics is not clear, then you will not able to give answer in the exams.

So, i will suggest you, just open the syllabus and make some notes according to the syllabus, Try to solve lots of previous year papers, this will gives you knowledge as well as confidence to solve questions in exams on time.

If possible, study in a Group, this will simplest method to acheive good marks in exams.

So, please concentrate on your study, if you dont able to concentrate in your study, then please study in the early morning, then definately, what you study, you will never forgot it.

So, please study according to syllabus and try to study with the help of notes.
2nd December 2010, 03:23 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

You are asking a question which is simple to answer but difficult to implement.
Its a habit in engineering college students that they prepare only 2-3 days before the exam.
you are developing the traits in yourself so early. Good go ahead and become an engineer.
To get pass in exam in such an extreme shortage of time, you must study atleast 12-15 hrs and with full dedication. you must eat a light diet mostly juice and soups so that you may not feel sleepy.
2nd December 2010, 03:33 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Quote:
First of all i want to say that,it is not a good habit for your future...

try to practice a little bit in all over the semester,if you didn't practice,then study as a suggestion wise and solve previous 5 years question,those are very effective in 2- 3 days before exem...
2nd December 2010, 03:40 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Quote:
I prefer always at Late night,because i am a late riser...
I think night is the best time for study...
Food doesn't matter in exem,but also i suggest you for light food during the exemination...
Best of luck...
2nd December 2010, 04:24 PM
Pranjal Srivastav

Hi

This is my personal view that when i was in class 12 only 2 3 days was left but my madam suggested me not to worry and not scare by paper you have to remain cool and calm and make a note on copy and then read that notes with fully concentrate and she also suggested me to read those notes at morning time then i did then i got good % and it works that time .that is my ersnol example which iam writting
2nd December 2010, 05:27 PM
ramanrayat7

if you start study before 2-3 days before exam from my experience you have to firstly find the environment where you think that you can study effective after finding a place check your syllabus about topic's which are come in examination then start from first topic till the end of last one and read carefully every line and try to understand and plz DON'T learn it bcoz you can't learn everything in 2-3 days so try to understand and explain in it to your own way in examination..................................i hope it is sufficient
for you....
thanxx
2nd December 2010, 05:33 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Whether u study at night or day ...it all depends on your past habit ... and i advice you not to change your routine exactly before exams.
Make a time table (keep some time for amusement) and revise all subjects and it would be better not to learn new things but if u think u can then do it.
Eat only light which is easily digestible bcoz your physical exercise becomes less during these days..
2nd December 2010, 07:49 PM
sahantha

dear friend,
*studying effectively 2 to 3 days before exam will be worked mostly for the students who will follow lessons because they know which chapter is tough or which chapters are easy.
* For average students can also do it by first selecting the chapters which are easy to understand/read.
then completely forgetting all enjoyments atleast these 3 days they can prepare for exams without losing determination
* And they must not forget their goal to reach
*There is another method also i.e.,combined studies ,
here different kinds of students involve here,each individual student will have knowledge on particular topics
and this method is more effective ,and this method is preferable to any kind of students

ALL THE BEST
2nd December 2010, 08:58 PM
nalawdeajit

just prepare with the hilight point. understand a matter and write in ur own knowledge.
2nd December 2010, 09:19 PM
DAVID RICHES EMMANUEL

Quote:
you can study either morning or evenging but not night out you must not struggle hard ok yuor must eat light foods not hard food ok you must not study new chapters try dooing past papers tough questions
2nd December 2010, 09:22 PM
Saba momin

Study atleast 5 to 6 hrs. Eat protein foods and healthy refreshing drinks. Be confident n hav faith in god!
2nd December 2010, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

i have a boyfriend and cnt live without talkng to him..... so daily i nearly waste my half of the day by talkng him on phone.... it effect my studies. so tell me how to manage tym????????????????????????? n i really love my boyfrnd , i can't leave him.......
2nd December 2010, 09:37 PM
sandhya sabat

Default How to study effectively 2 to 3 days before exam?

Hi friend,
Studying 2 to 3 days befor exam is not good but if you want to score good marks much of concentration as well as TIME MANAGEMENT is very much important during examinations so adjust yourself to complete your studies.During examination drink keep CHILLED OR NORMAL WATER it helps as well as not heavy meals .Sleep is also important but for limited time .You can also make a TIME TABLE it also helps if you follow .
ALL D BEST
2nd December 2010, 10:22 PM
lavanyaratala

hey friend....
very nice question.....I think you are pursuing your bachelor degree course right?????? anyways the people who want to read before 2 to 3 days for exam are real rockers.....
See friend......during your entire course just try to understand concept but not study for the final exam from the first day of college reopen.....if you are perfect in the concept then no need of studying before 2 to 3 days for exam just a night before exam will be sufficient....
any way you if you want to study before 2 to 3 days then follow some steps
1.analyse the syllabus clearly and decide the units to be prepared.
2.choose the units such that you can attend the questions in the unit easily otherwise take the advice of your friends.
3.before preapring the units just have a glance over previously given questions.
4.It is better to study with group discussion which consumes time.
5.finally don't loose your self confidence.
6.don't get tensed........study pleasantly...
finally take care of your health because you should not get sick during exams......don't eat heavily....take light food.....so that you can't get sleep too.....
All the very best for your short and sweet preparation friend...
3rd December 2010, 04:09 PM
Sindhana.K

If your preparation need to be effective download the question banks for your subject. refer the important question. sometimes the questions asked by your college staffs may not be taken for semester exams. this will make you feel anxiety in your exam hall. so be prepared for the worst case of question set. referring question bank will always help you.
But don't stick onto it.
3rd December 2010, 04:53 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

How to study effectively 2 to 3 days before exam

you first need to make your self mentally prepared before starting your studies.
studying late in night is not advisable cos this can affect you adversely.
so pick up a time schedule that can help you.
and food is a major matter of concern during exams.
avoid heavy food as this can make you lazy at the same time don stay without having your food as this can weaken your body.
all the most important thing is to stay calm and study

good luck.
8th December 2010, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

hai friends
the 10thpublic is very importantso study more dont depend on friends because they cannot help onlast time always be quite be gentle dont thing studying isvery bore it is wonderful chance to win do meditation daily aiways u have same mind all the best for ur exams
8th December 2010, 11:37 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

The answer to the question whether to study at night or during daytime depends on at what time you are comfortable studying. If you have the habit of studying at late night or daytime don't change your time just because others are saying it.

Regarding food you must take balanced diet during exam time. Exam put pressure on students so you must take care of yourself. Do not skip your meal otherwise you will feel weekess.

For increasing your concentration you can take help of yoga or meditation. Study easy topics first & then gradually move to harder topics.
9th December 2010, 01:01 PM
pratiktortikar

Quote:
1) Prefer day time study.
2) do not eat heavier food as you may get sleep while studying with your full heavy stomach.
3)Do not use your mobile for chatting and all that kinda stuff.
4)Avoid watuching tv at exams time.
5)Avoid combined studies.
6)Study not more than 3 hours continously , take a breakfor few mins,then start studying.
7)Drink tea which is preferrable while studying which does got makes you dowsy.you feel active if you have tea.

ALL THE BEST!
9th December 2010, 05:01 PM
mseetharamster

Studying day or night time depends on you.
Better study at day times and take good rest if the exams are many.
If its a single exam you have to clear after three days you can study any number of hours depending on your interest if its day or night.

Coming to food dal,sour tasting foods,sweets causes sleepy you cant study well.

But when your tail is on fire you wont have chance other and will not even consider the sleep.
9th December 2010, 07:09 PM
miniking

Well friend,

I suggest you dont inculcate this habit of studying 2-3 days before the exam. What can you understand the syllabus of one year or semester just with in 2 or 3 days.

Even if you study within those 2 or 3 days, you will never remember that after the completion of your examination.

This is my sincere request to you as being a student.

Anyway few guidelines for you,

1.Go to bed as early as possible.

2.Get up as early as possible because early morning study is the good study to complete more topics with less time.

3.Take less food before going to sleep and dont sleep soon after the completion of dinner.

4.Take oil less foods.

5.Allocate sometimes for meditation.

6.practice all the concepts and topics with a paper in hand and with practicing on paper.

All the best
9th December 2010, 08:25 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

hello friend

its a general problem for all the students who will not have time to concentrate through out the course time

any ways i'm going to list some tips

which came out of my experience during past 4 years

1) you have to clearly know all the details of the exam which you're going to write

2) combined studies will fetch you with good friends who have zeal to top the exam which you're going to attempt

3) you have to be concentrated for your 100% atleast these two days

4) for concentration meditate for atleast 20 min

5) keep mobile tv and computer aside

6) take proper health care

7) don't eat junk foods while preparing for exams by which you will become lethargy

8)don't eat heavy food instead of food you can opt for liquids like juices and pure water

9) think positively about your exam

10) maintain less contacts in these days

by doing all these you can gain good result in your exam

all the best

~aditya~
9th December 2010, 10:26 PM
shabina aysha begum

hi
dear
i tel u made time table follow it,finish according it, let ur time table end three days before k so that if wat if it happens to all ur time table ll be extended no tension finish it k.. then the left out time jus turn the pages of book thinking i have read all this, then go for exam.
9th December 2010, 10:58 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Its totally upto you that whether you should study at late night or early morning. No one can suggest you to do one, evryone will give his own statemnts as one feel convinient. One should analyse himself/herself that whether he/she is a nightmare or not and should never force to study at unsuited time.

Well a nutritionist will advice these followings tips in or around examinations days-

First of all fell free with your mind and feel free to say
Try to avoid fast/junk food outside and have some light food with less oil and spices
Avoid alcohol/cigrre as this will make you annoying
Have plenty of water during day
Give atleast 7 hour+ sleep to youself in perfect bedding without disturbance
Plan to study by setting some small goals, not by number of pages
Periodically have some outings, dont be a book worm, have some time with friends and family members
Make yourself very comfortable during studies

Make yourself free to say and don't see what others talking about, just be concentrate toward your achievments.

Good Luck
9th December 2010, 11:23 PM
saswata06

It is better to read at night than day time.Because night as calm you can better remember than those at day times.
9th December 2010, 11:58 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)For your point of view if you have 5 units, study the less portion units fully 3 and last 2 units study first half or second half.Don't forget to Revise

2)but don't do like this,this is from my Point of view

best of luck
10th December 2010, 08:35 AM
rahul_kumar066

Quote:
i would like to say that you should study in past for future sothat you could alway be prepared for the exams. truely i will say it is very tough to study in 2 or 3 days before exam for good percentile.one should make only revision only before exam one should take not too much pressure on his/her mind before exam
10th December 2010, 09:30 AM
mishra245

To prevent this from happening, a student must have effective methods in preparing for exams. Such methods will give you confidence that you have covered quite well all that you need to study, thus giving you a positive attitude when it comes to taking care of exams. Continue reading to learn a few helpful tips in preparing yourself for exams:
1-Preparing ahead of time
2: Joining a study group
3: Eating well and taking breaks
4: Minding how you memorize
10th December 2010, 06:11 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Day before the exam is not the apt time to study the entire syllabus, but it’s the time to revise the syllabus one has already prepared. Try to prepare for the exam way before the day before exam. You won’t be able to score good marks if you kept all for the last minute.
10th December 2010, 06:16 PM
Swaminathan077

dear friend ,

stydy time :

IT can be day time or night but that should suit you some people like to study at night and some in the day time or early morning that depends on you

food
:

1. protein rich
2. lite food is recommended
3. avoid junk food
4. drink milk daily ( 2 glasses )
5. plenty of water
6. you can try this" FIRST CHEW SOME TULSI LEAVES(5-6) AND THEN DRINK WATER" this helps in increasing memory do it regularly
7. take a sound sleep
8. and most important do not study before 2 hours of exam just get relaxed and don,t discuss anything with anyone just make yourself relaxed by any mean your exam will be good.

best of luck
25th March 2011, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

commitement.

every one study but "review and remember" is greatness.

quiz with your friends. solve problems with your friends.

past is past don't remember past stories, quarrel with friends, bad incidents.

drink plenty of water that gives confidence.

eating aumblets, noodles, egg puffs, replace with them by badam juice, milk bun

if any doubts immediately clarify with your friends.

study good material.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?