9th September 2012, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

How to write GATE exam while in 3rd year CS

I am a third year BE (CS) student. I am interested in writing GATE exam. when should i write the exam, so that it will be an plus point for my placements also.

15th September 2012, 10:27 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: How to write GATE exam while in 3rd year CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a third year BE (CS) student. I am interested in writing GATE exam. when should i write the exam, so that it will be an plus point for my placements also.

Dear Aspirant!

For your kind information, third(Pre-final) year students of Engineering course are not eligible to apply for GATE exam.

To appear in GATE exam you have to completed your BE degree or you can also apply while in the final year of BE dgree.

Eligibility criteria for GATE Examination:
=============================

>>Candidate should have completed degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture from recognized university.

Candidate appearing in the final year exam of such program are also eligible to appear in this exam.
OR,
>>Candidate should have completed Master's degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications from recognized university.

>>Those candidates who are in the final year of such programmes are also eligible for this exam

>>Candidate appearing in Pre-final year are not eligible to write GATE Exam.

>>There is no restriction age to appear in thsi eamination.

Pattern of Question Papers :
========================

>>Total 65 Questions (ALL Objective Type)

>>Total Marks : 100

>>Each question has ONLY one correct answer.

>>Note : Sectional cut-off ( Technical / Non-Technical like Engineering mathematics & General Aptitude ) are not applied in GATE exam.

For any other detail regarding GATE exam visit:- http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/
15th September 2012, 10:54 PM
jainchetan27

Default Re: How to write GATE exam while in 3rd year CS

Hi friend,
Candidates who are in 3rd year are not eligible to appear for the GATE exam. The exam includes the syllabus upto 3rd year in equivalent stream,in your case computer science.So u can well prepare for the exam at this point and appear for the exam next year in B.E or whenever you find it preferable for your career.
15th September 2012, 11:57 PM
bhargavipooja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You atleast need to be a final year engineering candidate to be eligible to appear for the exam.

You can use your GATE score for two years.

At present GATE score is used by many PSU's for recruitment ,so you can go for that also.

Some books you can refer for the GATE(Mechanical) exam are-

GATE MANUAL.jpgGATE MECHANICAL-2.jpgGATE MECHANICAL -PREVIOUS YEAR SOLVED PAPERS.jpegGATE MECHNANICAL-PREVIOUS YEAR PAPERS.jpg

good luck
15th July 2013, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Is it useful for a B.Tech IT student to write gate exam?
25th February 2014, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

hello sr..this is lakshmi. i am studying 4th sem. i have a v less aggrigate in my previous sems so will it effect on gate. to prepare for gate what are the materials/ text i have to reffer.
23rd June 2015, 04:42 AM
Unregistered

Why 3rd year students are not eligible for gate
You don't have rights to make our mind lazy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?