24th June 2023, 03:15 AM
Unregistered

I have done my BE in civil engineering can I join Merchant Navy as a Marin engineer?

I have done my BE in civil engineering can I join Merchant Navy as a Marin engineer if possible please guide me how can join it it's very important to my career

30th June 2023, 01:48 PM
Chandanguriya
Banned

Default Re: I have done my BE in civil engineering can I join Merchant Navy as a Marin engineer?

Typically, a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering does not directly qualify you to become a Marine Engineer in the Merchant Navy. Marine Engineering involves the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the propulsion and auxiliary systems of ships and other maritime vessels.

To become a Marine Engineer in the Merchant Navy, you would typically need to pursue a specific course of study in Marine Engineering. This could include a Bachelor's degree or diploma in Marine Engineering or a related field. These specialized programs focus on the technical aspects of ship systems, including engines, propulsion systems, electrical systems, and maritime safety.

However, there may be certain bridge programs or additional certifications that allow individuals with a civil engineering background to transition into Marine Engineering. These programs may provide the necessary training and knowledge required to work as a Marine Engineer. It is advisable to research specific institutions or training centers that offer such bridge programs or courses.

Additionally, it's important to note that joining the Merchant Navy as a Marine Engineer often requires meeting specific eligibility criteria, such as age limits, physical fitness standards, and medical requirements. You would also need to obtain the necessary certifications and meet the educational and training requirements set by the maritime authorities or organizations responsible for regulating the Merchant Navy in your country.

It is recommended to consult with relevant maritime authorities, educational institutions offering Marine Engineering programs, or career counselors with expertise in the maritime industry to get accurate and up-to-date information on the specific requirements and pathways to become a Marine Engineer in the Merchant Navy.
30th June 2023, 05:28 PM
Shantanubose22

Default Re: I have done my BE in civil engineering can I join Merchant Navy as a Marin engineer?

Eligibility Criteria for Merchant Navy Job:-

Candidates must have to score at least 50% marks in your engineering for making a career in the merchant navy. After completion of your B.E civil engineering course, candidates have to pursue one year Marine Engineering Course. To get admission in Graduate Marine Engineering, candidates have to appear in the entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?