28th January 2011, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Is IAS exam only for B.Tech in Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Mechanical branch?

Is IES exam only for Btech in civil,electrical,electronics and mechanical?
please give me detail about it.

29th January 2011, 06:23 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is IAS exam only for B.Tech in Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Mechanical branch?

No it is not limited to this stream only. It is open to all graduates. There is a condition that the candidates should have pursued the same from recognized universities. Also it is important that the candidate should be atleast of 21years of age. Also a candidate in the final year of graduation can appear for the exam provided that at the time of joining they complete the same.
29th January 2011, 11:05 AM
Tushar93

Thumbs up Re: Is IAS exam only for B.Tech in Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Mechanical branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friend,

Each person who has a bachelor degree is eligible to give IAS exam.
If you have done BTech from any stream you are eligible for civil services exam conducted by UPSC for IAS, IPS, IFS etc.
For details go to upsc.gov.in
So go ahead and best wishes for the exam.
29th January 2011, 11:44 AM
Harshita21

Default Re: Is IAS exam only for B.Tech in Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Mechanical branch?

Only these four trades students are eligiblr for the IES Exam

* Civil Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering
* Electrical Engineering
* Electronics & telecommunication Engineering
29th January 2011, 12:18 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Is IAS exam only for B.Tech in Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Mechanical branch?

Well IAS exam is open to all the graduates having a degree from recognised university.

For IES exam it should be a BE/BTECH from the above mentioned branch,ie mechanical,electrical and electronics branch,civil.

Thank you!!!
29th January 2011, 12:37 PM
SwatiisdBEST

Smile Re: Is IAS exam only for B.Tech in Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Mechanical branch?

Quote:
IAS and IES are two different exams. IAS is for all bachelor's degree holders but I think you want to know about UPSC engineering services exam (UPSC ESE; more commonly known as IES but the correct full form of IES is Indian Economic Services). B.Tech degree holders in Civil, Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical are eligible for writing the exam. M.Sc Degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subject acceptable for certain Services/posts only. Candidates appearing at Engineering degree or equivalent examination also eligible to compete subject to certain conditions. You will get detailed information about Engineering Services Exam by visiting the following URL.
http://www.threeauthors.com/upsc-exams/model-notification-indian-engineering-service-upsc-exam.asp

If there's anything else you'd like to know, please feel free to ask.

So go ahead friend, Prepare well.
All The Best
29th January 2011, 12:43 PM
SwatiisdBEST

Post Re: Is IAS exam only for B.Tech in Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Mechanical branch?

Quote:
There's a correction. B.Tech degree holder in any discipline can write this exam but in case of M.Sc. degree holders, M.Sc Degree (with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subject acceptable for certain Services/posts only.) are eligible.
29th January 2011, 01:56 PM
astha funda

Thumbs up Re: Is IAS exam only for B.Tech in Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Mechanical branch?

IAS exam i.e. Indian Administrative Services is an exam for which any person from any stream(science,commmerce,or humanities)can apply, provided that they have completed their graduation(from any stream).a common entrance exam is conducted for it every year whose information can easily be get from a newspaper called "employment news" which is a fortnightly newspaper.the results for the examination are done on meriy basis.
29th January 2011, 02:20 PM
Maxsteel

No, any b.tech student can give this exam as their is a paper of GS
But for a subject paper you have to select from the civil,electrical,electronics or mechanical as UPSC conducts subject papers only in these subjects
29th January 2011, 04:55 PM
diego
Banned

NO you can appear if you are an engineering grad(b.tech.) from a recognized university
recruitments are conducted for these fields that you have stated it means you will work in that field
29th January 2011, 05:27 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Is IAS exam only for B.Tech in Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Mechanical branch?

Dear friend,

IES is applicable for the following branches/degrees.

1. Electrical Engineering
2. Electronics & Communications Engineering
3. Civil Engineering
4. Mechanical Engineering
5. M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics,
Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also
acceptable for certain posts.

Note:-- Final year student also can apply.
29th January 2011, 08:06 PM
abhimanyu2688

Hello Friend,
Any one having degree in engineering can write IES Exam conducted by UPSC.
The Eligibility for IES is:
A degree in engineering,
Age Limit 21 to 30 Years.
All the details regarding IES is attached in this message.
Good Luck.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 122 views)
17th March 2011, 04:55 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Hi friend,
It is not necessary you should have b.tech degree for IAS.
You need graduation in any field from a recognized university for IAS exams which are conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS :
  • Age limit:21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .
  • Educational Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.
  • Number of Attempts:
    Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.
For details of exam see the website:
www.upsc.gov.in
18th April 2011, 09:58 PM
Rezaul7

If a person is b.tech in electronics and communication engineering , then what subject should he select as optional subject in ias examination ?
19th April 2011, 01:50 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

No, this exam not only for B.Tech in Civil, Electrical, Electronics and Mechanical branch but also all stream. main thing is you should be graduate in any stream.

general information of IAS exam:-

IAS:- Age limits :- 21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs).

Educational Qualifications :- Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification

No. of permissible attempts :-for genrel 4 attempts
for OBCs 7 attemps and no limit for SCs/STs

Syllabus:- Paper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours

Current events of national and international importance
History of India and Indian National Movement
Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
General Science.

Paper II - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours

Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.

The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
19th April 2011, 04:21 PM
sharivikram

Anyone who has completed his bachelor degree can write IAS exam.
28th April 2011, 03:43 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

No,it is open to all. Anyone can appear to I.A.S exam. The only condition they must have one UG Degree.

They can for any UPSC exam. with this i included one current affairs for IAS pdf file.

All the best.
7th May 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

Apart from civil,electrical,mechanical branch can we select any other B.tech branch as optional in IAS mains
8th May 2011, 02:44 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Yes, IES only for electrical , civil & mechanical.
But if you want to join all India services, then you can appear for civil service exam conducted by UPSC.
Eligibility for which is that you must be graduate in any field and 21-30 yrs age group.
8th May 2011, 06:30 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

IAS exam is for all graduates while IES exam is for candidates who have a degree in

-Electrical Engineering
-Electronics & Communications Engineering
-Civil Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering
11th May 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

IS DEGREE of bsc airlines tourism and hospitality is eligible for ias exam??????????
12th May 2011, 11:57 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IAS i.e Indian Administrative Service is conducted by Upsc.

Any graduate can Apply for IAS Examination.Only Graduation is Required and there is no minimum Percentage.

Eligibility criteria :

• The Age should between 21 - 30 Yrs of age at the time of Appearing
  • Relaxation for Other Backward Classes and Schedule Caste/Schedule Tribes.
  • Those in final year of a degree course can also Eligible.
  • four attempts for Gen,seven attempts for OBC and No limit for SC/ST

IES i.e Indian Engineering Service Examination is conducted by Upsc.

Eligibility criteria for IES Exam :

• The candidate must be a graduate in Engineering.
  • The Age should between 21 - 30 Yrs of age.
  • The upper age limit will be applicable for OBC and SC/ST candidates.
  • Final year of a degree course can also Eligible.
  • Four attempts for Gen,Seven Attempts for OBC and No limit for SC/ST.

Graduate degree in :
  1. Civil Engineering
  2. Mechanical Engineering
  3. Electrical Engineering
  4. Electronics and telecommunication.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
13th May 2011, 08:13 AM
Tushar93

Quote:
IS DEGREE of bsc airlines tourism and hospitality is eligible for ias exam??????????
Well Friend,

You are eligible to give the IAS i.e. Civil Services Exam since graduation in any field is sufficient for the same. However your age limit should also meet required limit of 21 to 30 yrs.
Visit www.upsc.gov.in for further details.

Good Luck
5th June 2011, 03:47 AM
Unregistered

my branch is electronics&communication i want to give exam with only my electronics subjects is it possible? and what is is the passing marks in this exam for sc/st student?
24th July 2011, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

what is the salary of IAS officer in one month and what is diploma, bacholar,graduate and degree plz provide me clear view about it.
31st January 2012, 05:34 PM
selva786

Quote:

Yes indian engineering services only for engineering courses
1.EEE
2.MECH
3.ECE
4.EIE
5.Marine
31st January 2012, 10:00 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No, this is not the truth. Anyone who has completed his or her graduation in engineering in any field is eligible to apply for IES.

Final year students of engineering who are yet to give their final exam can also apply, but they have to show their passing certificate after selection.

Final year students of engineering who has given their final exam and waiting for result can also apply.

The age should be between 21-30 years on 1st August of the year of Examination.

So any engineering graduates are eligible for IES.

But there is one problem:

They have to choose their stream in IES from one of the following:

Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronica and telecommunications.

So if you do not belong to these streams and belong to some other streams like IT, CSE, EEE, EIE etc, then you can not choose your own stream in IES.

You have to choose any one of the above streams and have to give the exam based on that paper.

That means the questions will be of CE, ME. EE, or ECE type. So you have to work very hard if you belong to some other stream.
14th March 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

please tell me,IAS syllabus based on electronics & communication engineering
31st May 2012, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

which branch should i take in IIT to prepare for IAS exam in future
31st May 2012, 10:37 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear................
As you are interested for IAS , I am providing you the details eligibility criteria for IAS exam.......

The exam pattern for IAS exam are as follows.......

Good luck.............
1st June 2012, 01:07 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

No IAS(INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE) exam is for all graduation students.
IAS exam is conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

Eligibility criteria:
The candidate should be complete graduation or equivalent degree from a recognised university.

You must be a citizen of india.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible

Percentage is not required for this exam.

Age criteria:

For general 21 years to 30 years,

For OBC candidates 21 years to 33 years,

For SC/ST candidates 21 years to 35 years.

Selection process:

Selection process is based on the three stages as one by one.

1.Civil services preliminary examination,

2. Civil services mains exam,

3. Interview.

No.of attempts:

4 times for general category,

7 times for OBC category,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

For more information regarding this exam please visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
26th July 2012, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

is there any other way for b.tech holder to get into civil line.. Plz tel
3rd August 2012, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Tech in ceramic engineering from IIT- BHU is eligible for IAS UPSC exams
3rd August 2012, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Is B.Tech in ceramic engineering from IIT- BHU is eligible for IAS UPSC exams
15th August 2012, 12:18 AM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

No it is not limited to this stream only. It is open to all graduates. There is a condition that the candidates should have pursued the same from recognized universities.

Also it is important that the candidate should be atleast of 21years of age. Also a candidate in the final year of graduation can appear for the exam provided that at the time of joining they complete the same.
12th November 2013, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
i am student of electronics and communication branch..?
can i go for IAS....
is ECE (electronics & comm.) branch in IAS...?
plzz help
28th May 2014, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

Is B Tech Degree In Mechanical and Automation Engineering acceptable to UPSC for Indian Engineering Srevices.
Suresh Malik
[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?