12th February 2016, 12:14 PM
Pila yatesh

If I complete B.Sc in 5 years then I will be eligible for UPSC?

Sir, I had completed my bsc(Agri) in 5 years but the academic year of this course is 4 years . Is am I eligible for UPSC EXAM( IAS & IPS). If I complete my bsc(Agri) in 5 years then I will eligible for UPSC

12th February 2016, 11:14 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I complete B.Sc in 5 years then I will be eligible for UPSC?

Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The eligibility criteria for this exam is that candidate must have completed graduation or studying in final year of bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Only passing percentage of marks is required to appear for exam.

You can apply for Civil Services exam even if you have completed Bachelor's degree in Agriculture in five years, you must not have any pending backlogs. The age limit for exam is 21-32 years. There is upper age relaxation candidates of reserved category, three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.
12th February 2016, 11:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila yatesh View Post
Sir, I had completed my bsc(Agri) in 5 years but the academic year of this course is 4 years . Is am I eligible for UPSC EXAM( IAS & IPS). If I complete my bsc(Agri) in 5 years then I will eligible for UPSC
Yes, you are eligible for UPSC exam like Civil Service Exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
13th February 2016, 12:10 PM
Jitu369

Yes. You can appear for UPSC exams. How many years you required to complete B.Sc doesn't matter. You just have to complete grad successfully.

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts entrance examination for the posts like Indian Administrative Services(IAS), Indian Police Services (IPS), Indian Foreign Services (IFS). You can select any one them after clearing UPSC exam.

Eligibility criteria for UPSC is as follows :
::》Applicant should have completed his/her graduation from recognized university.
::》Age of applicant must be between 21 to 30 years.
::》Applicant must be Indian citizen.
::》3 years age relaxation for OBC candidate & 5 years for SC/ST candidate.

The exam is being conducted in 3 stages:
1) Preliminary exam
2) Main exam
3) Personal Interview

For more information visit the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?