22nd August 2012, 08:47 PM
veerendra bhan singh

If I do MBA after B.Tech then is it a good choice?

if i join mba after b.tech then my b.tech profile is worthless please tell me in detail??

25th August 2012, 09:10 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I do MBA after B.Tech then is it a good choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerendra bhan singh View Post
if i join mba after b.tech then my b.tech profile is worthless please tell me in detail??
You should satisfy minimum eligibility criteria for MBA admission.

Generally admission procedure for MBA consist, Entrance Test, Group Discussion and Interview. For MBA Entrance Test MAT, You should have a Graduation qualification from recognized university can eligible to apply for MAT.

Other MBA entrance exams like CAT/CMAT/XAT/SNAP etc,You should obtained bachelor’s degree with 50%of marks (45% of marks for SC/ST ) can eligible to apply for MBA entrance exams.

If you add MBA qualification your educational academic, you can get a good job. If you want to get a job in good company,You should have a good percentage minimum 60% of marks in MBA and Good Communication skills mandatory for a job in reputed organization.

So you have to concentrate on MBA course obtained good percentage in MBA course and maintain a good communication skills, you can get a job in good organization.
25th August 2012, 12:00 PM
suvendum14

Yes,
It is a good choice of doing MBA after B.Tech.
NO, Your B.Tech will not be worth less for that.
After Completion of MBA and B.Tech you will be apply for all theseJobs -
1. A manager for technical line(B.Tech + MBA degree preffred),which offers HIGH SALARY.
2.Technical Line JOBS (B.Tech degree required)
3. Manager/Management type JOBS (MBA degree required)
4. All those JOBS who wants post graduation..
Thank you..
25th August 2012, 12:49 PM
manjira...

Thumbs up Re: If I do MBA after B.Tech then is it a good choice?

MBA is one of the most demanding course. You can pursue MBA after completing graduation in any stream, this will provide a extra qualification in your bio-data.
So it is a good choice to do MBA.

MBA courses develop good communication skills and provide greater scope of job options.

For MBA you need to take any of the entrance exam and get qualified in it. There are several entrance exam for MBA such as:

>CAT
>GMAT
>XAT, etc.

The candidate need to get at least 50% marks in the bachelor degree to take the examination.

For getting job in a reputed company you need to get 60% marks in you MBA course.
25th August 2012, 03:49 PM
i am sure
Member+

I don't think so you should have to do MBA If you do BBA ,BA, so you can do MBA but after
B.tech i think you should do M.tech .

ELIGIBILITYFOR M.TECH.

A candidate must have passed B. E. / B. Tech. degree in Electronics & Communication/ Computer/ Electronics/ Electrical Engineering/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering from the University of Delhi or equivalent qualifications from recognized University/Institutions.

here are some M.tech college

MDU Study Centre Delhi (KENT)
C-6, Madhu Vihar, Patparganj
New Delhi

IIIT-Bangalore

IIIT-Delhi

VIT University
25th August 2012, 03:54 PM
anchitsuri2006
Member+

Hi,

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration.
It would be wrong to say that after doing MBA your B-Tech experience is gone.Its just that you may or may not go the same sector.For example you are Computer science Engineer & you do your MBA in TECH-Software or Hardware then you surely land up in a technological company.Companies nowadays prefer a person having both technical as well as management knowledge,so its always better to opt for MBA.

Best of Luck.
25th August 2012, 04:16 PM
pardeep dhaliwal

Hi dear..

->This is totally depend on you dear.
->To get admission in MBA first give the test MAT,CAT,CMAT,XAT etc.
->If you clear this test then you are eligible for MBA.
->The required %age for MBA is 60 % in b.tech.
->For giving the CAT,MAT exam you must join some extra classes for coaching then you are prepare for CAT or MAT.

So all the best dear,,,
25th August 2012, 04:52 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a post-graduate course of choice for people coming from various educational backgrounds.

There is an increasing need for MBA graduates majoring in Marketing, Finance, Management, or other disciplines. B-tech graduates presently have job opportunities in the technical section of companies.But when it comes to post graduate studies, they are really confused regarding whether to opt for MBA or M.tech. Actually this decision depends on the students interest. First try to understand your interest and then take appropriate course. If one is interested in learning and working in such a technical field, he/she can either start working in a technical post right away or proceed to take M-Tech and later on, possibly, a Ph.D. You can also go in for teaching profession after M-Tech.

But choosing MBA after B-tech is recommended if you fall in any of the following category as under-

1. If you are Looking for ‘big’ money. The hard fact is that those who do the actual work get paid far less than those who 'manage' them.

2. If you are Interested in pursuing a career in a managerial role in a company. This applies to freshers who have completed B-tech and also working engineering graduates looking for a career change. MBA will help in making the job transition easier.

3. If you wish to be an entrepreneur and is planning to put up your own business.

So doing MBA after B.Tech is a good choice as the main benefit of this is that you can get employed in many companies and factories and you will be able to rise slowly to the administrative position of the firm.
31st August 2012, 01:38 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: If I do MBA after B.Tech then is it a good choice?

Quote:
You are Eligible for Applying MBA.
MBA stands for Master of Business Administrative

MBA Qualification:
  • A candidate must have completed their Graduation Degree with at least 55% from Recognized Universities.
  • Last year student may Also Applicable for MBA.
For Applying MBA you have to Apply for MBA entrance exam like:
  • CAT
  • XAT
  • MAT
  • GMAT

List of Best colleges in India for MBA:
  • Xavier Institute of Management
  • Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management
  • KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research
  • S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
  • Nirma Institute of Management
  • Amity Business School
  • Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
  • Symbiosis Institute of Business Management

All the best
9th September 2012, 06:42 PM
sailagishetty

To my friend,
MBA stands for Master of Business Administration.Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a post-graduate course of choice for people coming from various educational backgrounds .This is totally depend on you dear.
-first you get admission in MBA first give the test MAT,CAT,CMAT,XAT etc.
-If you clear this test then you are eligible for MBA.
-The required %age for MBA is 60 % in b.tech.
-For giving the CAT,MAT exam you must join some extra classes for coaching then you are prepare for CAT or MAT.
17th September 2012, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

if i do MBA after B.Tech then what can i do?
3rd October 2012, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

if i do MBA after B.tech in mechenical stream then it is good or not?
3rd October 2012, 10:47 PM
aravindgopika
Junior Member+

yes..it is good choice..because many multinational companys need mba+engineering peoples for thier mangament....nd too thier company solving promblem..
4th October 2012, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

what should i do after bsc(it), to get a high salaried job?
8th December 2012, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

After B.tech what are the higher studies i can do ? Suggest me what is the right one .
14th December 2012, 10:30 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Nono, who told you all this. B.Tech is a useful course itself. So in no way can it become worthless. You are by default now eligible for an IT sector job. I would rather suggest you to go for this first. You can go for a job fair or off campus recruitment or even a pool campus recruitment. In the former two options a lot of companies come together and offer various types of jobs to people. You just have to match with the eligibility criteria of the company. Once you do you have to aptitude test. It can be a written one or online one. Once you clear this, you will be able to make it for the interview. After all this you will be given the offer letter for the job.
For the pool campus there is only one company and many colleges and many candidates opting. The selection procedure is same as I said before.
Now after you get settled in your job for quite a while you can go for MBA course. This will make your grip over the job even better. Your knowledge will then have a business angle to it. So think about your career in this way.
31st December 2012, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

i am a student from B.Tech(informtion technology) stream and i really wish to pursue MBA(marketing) after my graduation, but after much inquiry i got a general opinion of being a waste to take mba after engineering.. i m really confused and want a help from anyone of you to decide about my future...pranay
9th January 2013, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

hello sir as i just pursued b.tech from cs dept. in 2012. I didnt get the job yet ,actually my basic aim was to do work for about 2 years in the IT field then after that ill apply for mba. But as the growth IT sector these days i hardly found any job . The job which I found is mostly fake. So i just want to know wheather i wait for mba and start learning some IT Field courses and in between ill do some kind of work for better exp. Or I straight away go for mba ? Kindly reply me asap. Thank you
9th January 2013, 04:19 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

Yes dear its really a good choice to do MBA after completing your B-tech,
there are various scope in private sector as well as government sector.
every company want to take skill ful person we can say that multipurpose person so they search for the technical + management background that means B.Tech + MBA

So dear don't worry according to your combination go for it.

Good luck
9th January 2013, 09:10 PM
ipkay93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir as i just pursued b.tech from cs dept. in 2012. I didnt get the job yet ,actually my basic aim was to do work for about 2 years in the IT field then after that ill apply for mba. But as the growth IT sector these days i hardly found any job . The job which I found is mostly fake. So i just want to know wheather i wait for mba and start learning some IT Field courses and in between ill do some kind of work for better exp. Or I straight away go for mba ? Kindly reply me asap. Thank you
Hello dear, as you have completed your graduation and want to pursue your MBA.

In my opinion by the time being you are searching for your job keep preparing for your MBA entrance examination and appear for the examination if you get a satisfactory colleges then go stop searching for the job and pursue your MBA, if not there are a lot of opportunities you should wait for some time and get some experience and apply for MBA next year.

Because if you get a good college then it will always compensate for your Experience and if you do not get a good college then you should wait for the experience to stand out n your MBA.

Regards,
Pkay.
9th January 2013, 09:58 PM
aakash arya

yes, it is a good choice to do MBA after B.TECH.. but iff you have scored well in B.TECH semesters then i would suggest you to..:
take the campus placement..
get work experience of about 2-3 years..
then go for MBA.. that experiance of yours will give you large benefit in getting much better placement after MBA compared to freshers..

try your best..
14th January 2013, 05:22 PM
educationindia
Senior Member+

HI friends.................

Its a not a bad option but M.Tech is the better choice then MBA........

ALL THE BEST...............
25th January 2013, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

is it good to take up a job after btech and then after a few years go for mtech or mba?
25th January 2013, 11:18 PM
sandeep kaka thakur

Quote:
yes dr
26th January 2013, 12:14 AM
Tarunj94

Hello friends,

I will say it is good or not bad,you can MBA after b.tech,but i will suggest you to take m.tech,mba belongs to commerce and accountancy stream and m.tech is belongs to science stream ,so m.tech is best

thank you
26th January 2013, 10:52 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

YES, your BTECH profile will not have any value as far as MBA education is oncerned.
But after Completing your MBA , you can laways have the advantage of studying the BTECH.
See if you join any software comoany in Finance or marketing team, than your Btech degree woukd be helpful

So dont think much and you just apply for the MBA tests.
The variuos MBA tests are:
CAT-- Conducted by IIM, Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass with minimum 50% marks
SNAP- conducted by Symbiosis, Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass with minimum 50% marks
MAT- Conducted by AIMA ,Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass
XAT-Conducted by XLRI ,Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass

Start Preparing for these tests right now
26th January 2013, 12:10 PM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

Yes you can do the Master in Business Administration course after completing your bachelor in technology as MBA is always a all time good course and your future will be secure after completing MBA Course and the duration of the Course will be 2 years after completing your graduation degree.

For the MBA Course you have to write first the common aptitude test means the CAT Exam because for getting admission in the MBA You first need to clear the entrance exam the CAT Exam.And on the basis of your cat score you will get the admission means if you will get good marks than ultimately you will get admission in a good college.So all depends on your score so try to score a good total.

Qualifications Required for the CAT Exam:

-The Candidate should be pass in the graduation degree from a recognized Indian university

-The Candidate should have at least 50% marks in graduation

-Relaxation for the obc and sc,st of 5 % marks

-The Course duration is 2 years

You can also do MBA By giving the MAT Exam which is just little easy to the CAT And also for the MAT Their is no marks required in the graduation means just need a graduate pass degree from a recognized university.

Best of luck
26th January 2013, 01:34 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Information Regarding MBA Course.

Nice to see your interest in the MBA course. MBA is stand for the Master of Business Administrative. It is a post graduate level degree related to the business management field. MBA course is of duration two years i.e four semesters. If you are interested in the business field then MBA is the best option for you.

To admission in the MBA course you need to appear in the entrance examination. There are many entrance examination conducted for the admission in the MBA course like CAT, MAT, XAT......and many other. So, if you decide to do the MBA course after B.Tech course then i think that this is your right decision for ahead career.

After completing the MBA course you profile will be strong so don't think negative. I wish you will get a brightness future after completing the MBA course. All the Best
26th January 2013, 05:26 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
After passing B.Tech you are eligible for M.B.A course.
Yes, it is among the best option

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> C.A.T
> M.A.T
> X.A.T
> G.M.AT
> R.M.AT
> S.N.A.P
etc

ALL THE BEST!
26th January 2013, 05:55 PM
sonali pandey1111

yes you are eligible for MBA
MBA stands for Master of Business Administration

For Applying MBA you have to Apply for MBA entrance exam like:

CAT
XAT
MAT
GMAT

For getting job in a reputed company you need to get 60% marks in you MBA course.

List of Best colleges in India for MBA

1. Xavier Institute of Management
2. Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management
3. KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research
4. S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research
5. Nirma Institute of Management
6. Amity Business School
24th March 2013, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

I have btech in electronics and telecommunications. I am 2012 passout and my cgpa is 7.92.I hav 2 with 85.2% and 10th with 83.4% from CBSE.I have applied for gate and psu but didn't clear.I am searching for job.but still jobless.now I am depressed and I have no idea what to do next.plz give me suggestion
24th March 2013, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

please i am doing my engineering in mechanical 1 year. I really have a confusion in doing mba or m tech ???
because early decision will help me to stay foccused & i beleive i can acheive it .
25th March 2013, 12:58 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Talking Re: If I do MBA after B.Tech then is it a good choice?

Quote:

Hello dear,

Let me get you to the point about this MBA and btech controversies, actually you dont have to be confused about this thing, see doing MBA after your Btech is actually great, if you could add some more work experience too. Many Btech guys who have finished their graduation are going for MBA.

Advantages of MBA:-

>>Actually, companies like more who are from btech background than a normal BBA person, reason :- they have strong technical knowledge al though they are going to learn about business later on.

>>You can also go for exams if you really wan to go for MBA, you can do in some of the reputed colleges of India, like Indian School of Business, Bangalore,IIMs, XLRI, Symbiosis etc.

>>The thing that you will benefit from these, is greater package, in terms of lesser work, see the roles of managers, human resource management etc.

Write these exams:-

MAT

CAT

SNAP

XLRI

So, if you really want to do MBA, write these exams, get a good B school, and your life will be settled, cheers, and hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

yash
20th June 2013, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

doing mba from ggsipu or jamia hamdard which 1 is good ??
29th June 2013, 10:19 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

MBA after B.Tech

•> Going for MBA is one of the best options that you have after completing B. Tech. The main benefit of this is that you can get employed in many companies and factories and you will be able to rise slowly to the administrative position of the firm.

•> Doing MBA after B. Tech also has many other benefits. The main advantages are that your chances of employment will be higher even in fields where no engineers are required. There are many colleges that offer MBA courses but to make sure that you are selected on the basis of MBA qualification for a job, you need to get the degree from a very reputed university. Universities in USA are the best for studying MBA.

•> Getting an MBA degree B. Tech ensure that you can work in the marketing sections of various organisations. It will improve the chances of finding jobs by a lot. Today, most of the students are rushing to get a degree in B. Tech and therefore the competition for high paid jobs will be stiffer. By getting an MBA degree, you open up wider range of opportunities and improve the chances of getting yourself selected to a post with a very good pay.

•> To gain admission for MBA, you will have to go through various entrance examinations. Securing a top spot in the examination would mean that you will be able to do your MBA without shelling out any money.
24th August 2013, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

does it make any difference if i opt for mba after the gap of 1 year from my graduation keeping in mind i dont have any job experience?
22nd November 2013, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

hi i am doing B.Tech I.T it is good to choose MBA-Information Technolgy as soon as complete my U,G?
8th May 2016, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

Will anyone have any problem in doing mba after doing B.tech,since they are quite a different thing??
17th August 2017, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

What is best after b.tech (CSE) , MBA Or M.TECH Or Government ( if I have general cast) ?
I have good communication skills & avg coding skill.
22nd July 2020, 01:05 PM
schoolconnect

Quote:

Engineering graduates always have a doubt and I noticed many B. Tech graduates searching for the same question, Is Doing MBA after Btech beneficial?

Do you know mba after btech is most demanded combination what companies searching for. Because an B. Tech MBA graduate is equipped with both Managing and technical Knowledge. All companies in their hiring process give weightage to Btech with MBA candidate over Btech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?