27th June 2011, 10:26 PM
singhpooja

Information about Bioinformatics field? How can I do further studies if my English is poor and no knowledge in computers?

sir i hv done bsc wid botany nd chemistry.i wanna do msc bioinformatics.plz tell me abt this field.my problem is dat i dont hv computer knowledge and my english is also poor.plz suggest me hw can i do further studies.waitin 4 reply thanks

11th November 2011, 08:35 AM
swapan100
Senior Member++

Default Re: Information about Bioinformatics field? How can I do further studies if my English is poor and no knowledge in computers?

dear friend,

i think you should a right career for you .
because you are the field from biology .
so this bioinformatic field suits better for your future.
so best of luck.
7th June 2012, 09:01 PM
mnbgvs

Arrow Re: Information about Bioinformatics field? How can I do further studies if my English is poor and no knowledge in computers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpooja View Post
sir i hv done bsc wid botany nd chemistry.i wanna do msc bioinformatics.plz tell me abt this field.my problem is dat i dont hv computer knowledge and my english is also poor.plz suggest me hw can i do further studies.waitin 4 reply thanks
\

hi friend,
you can choose this course for bright future

Career Prospects

The bioinformatics jobs market has changed considerably in the past few years and can be attributed to a number of factors, mainly the increase in the number of bioinformatics academic programs, leading to an increase in the number of graduates chasing jobs, the steady decrease in the rate of increase of bioinformatics jobs, and the almost flattening of the amount of investments in the biotechnology sector.

All this have led to an increasingly harder market for recent graduates. The increases of number of jobs candidates has led employers look more to experience, as compared to the nineties when just possessing the necessary skills was enough to bag the candidate the job. There has also been a significant shift, with a increasing number of academic jobs and decreasing number of industry jobs, as compared to a few years back.

However it is not all bleak news for bioinformatics, there is still a wealth of biological information out there to be deciphered, and there also be an increase in the number of bioinformatics research programs, so in some years to come, some of the research would begin to filter into the industry, as many innovations nowadays seem to begin in the research labs (look no further than Yahoo! and Google). Also the bioinformatics market despite everything is still growing worldwide and is expected to surpass the 50 billion dollar mark soon.

The pharmaceutical industry tends to be the major employer of bioinformaticians, although biotech companies, especially those involved personal care products, industrial organisms and agriculture have seen bioinformatics play a more important role in their industry.

ALL THE BEST...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?