23rd July 2015, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

What can I do after completion of M.Sc in Bioinformatics? Pursue higher studies MS in abroad or do Ph.D?

Hi,

I am 32 years old.I already have a M.Sc. in Bioinformatics. I am interested to go for further studies abroad. However, after googling about studies abroad, i have found that there is not much scope in research for a bioinformatician. Needless tonsay Bioinformatics is mostly based on maths and less on biology. I am mostly interested in pursuing a research degree in the field of biology. So I am bit comfused here.Should I go for MS degree abroad in areas such as biotechnology or microbiology and follow it up with a phd? Or having a msc in bioinformatics will make me eligible for applying for a phd degree in biotechnology or microbiology abroad?

Related Questions:
  1. Difference between studying in India and Abroad? What could be the correct career path for me being a candidate of BE in CS domain having 3 years experience in IT field and wanted to pursue higher studies?
  2. Is it possible to study abroad after completing B.Tech in CSE stream?
  3. Which course I can do for higher studies in abroad after completion of B.Tech Food Technology?
  4. What are the scopes of chemical engineers from IIT in India and abroad? Should I pursue higher studies abroad to get a job outside?
  5. Detail and procedure to do higher studies after B.Pharm in abroad?
  6. Is there any scope if I do PhD in Bioinformatics from India? Procedure and mark required for admission in Abroad? Can I get scholarship?
  7. List of universities offering higher studies to ECE graduates abroad?
  8. Is it beneficial to study B.E. instead of getting job after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Should I go for job or higher studies after completing B.Tech in ECE?
  10. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing Ph.D in India and aborad based on GATE and CSIR? doing M.Sc Genetics after completion of B.Pharm after completion of M.Sc course?
  11. Will I be eligible to do higher studies in abroad after completion of diploma in computer science?
  12. Can I do Ph.D in Computer Science after completing MS?
  13. Information regarding admission in PhD Bioinformatics in New Zealand?
  14. What should I do further after completing B.Com if having poor financial condition?
  15. What are the various career options I can have after completion of BMS degree in India and higher studies in abroad?
  16. Which one is better between diploma after 10th and degree after 12th? Which diploma degree is better for girls?
  17. Courses available to study in Australia through IELTS for B.Com 3rd semester student?
  18. What to do after completing BSc IT? -- [Most Discussed]
23rd July 2023, 04:45 AM
AddisonRae

Default Re: What can I do after completion of M.Sc in Bioinformatics? Pursue higher studies MS in abroad or do Ph.D?

Congratulations on completing your M.Sc. in Bioinformatics! It sounds like you are interested in pursuing a research degree in the field of biology. There are a few things you can do to make sure that you are prepared for this next step.

First, you need to decide what area of biology you are most interested in. There are many different subfields of biology, such as molecular biology, cell biology, ecology, and evolution. Once you know what area you are interested in, you can start to look for PhD programs that specialize in that area.

Second, you need to make sure that your research interests are aligned with the research interests of the professors at the PhD programs you are interested in. You can do this by reading their research papers and contacting them to ask about their work.

Third, you need to make sure that your academic record is strong. You will need to have a good GPA and GRE scores in order to be competitive for PhD programs.

Finally, you need to start networking with people in the field of biology. This will help you to learn more about the different PhD programs that are available and to get advice from people who are already working in the field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?