11th April 2012, 08:33 AM
ALKA YADAV 10

Information regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which Optional subjects should I choose for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?

I want to know abt the IAS exam
plz give me detail abt the pre and main exam.

which optional subject I choose for this exam.

how will I prepare for this.
book helpful for this exam

plz give detail on my email- [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Optional subjects in the IAS preliminary exam -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  3. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? Subjects to be chosen? Requirements and books to be referred?
  4. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  5. Which optional subjects to opt for main exam?
  6. Are there optional subjects for MPSC Mains exam? How do I select them?
  7. How to prepare for Group I mains exam? Books to be referred?
  8. How to select optional subjects for Civil Services examination? How to prepare well for the examination?
  9. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? How many optional subjects should we opt for IAS exam?
  10. How to prepare for IAS after passing Mechanical engineering? Which optional subjects should I choose?
  11. What is the new pattern of HPAS? Tips to prepare for it? Which are the optional subjects available? How to prepare for preliminary exam?
  12. Best optional subjects for IAS mains?
  13. Detailed information regarding IAS Exam?
  14. Percentage required to appear in IAS 2016 exam? Tips to prepare for preliminary and main exam? -- [New]
  15. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  16. How to prepare for UPSC Exam being a B.Com Graduate and pursuing CA Final? Which subjects should I choose for Preliminary and Main Exam?
  17. Which subjects I have to select for MPSC mains exam?
  18. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
6th May 2012, 10:45 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which Optional subjects should I choose for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?

Hai,

IAS(Indian Administrative Service) exam is conducting one time in a year by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

Eligibility criteria:

Educational qualification:
Graduation from a recognised university.

Nationality:

Citizen of india.

Age criteria:

21 years to 30 years, 3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates, 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Selection procedure;

Preliminary exam,
Main exam,
Personal interview.

Some of the books to prepare for IAS:

R.S.Agarwal books,

Upkar publications,

NCERT books,

Oxford publications to be prepare for english.

Optional subjects:

Agriculture,
Animal husbandry and vetinary,
Physics,
Mathematics,
Chemistry,
Statistics,
Biology,
Zoology,
Politick science,
Economics,
Commerce,
Electrical engineering,
Civil engineering,
Mechanical engineering,
Psychology,
Geology,
Law.

Official website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.
7th May 2012, 12:40 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Information regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which Optional subjects should I choose for this Exam? How to prepare for this Exam? Which Books to prepare for this Exam?

IAS Eligibility :

Educational Qualification :
Candidates must be complete graduate in any stream from a recognized university
Citizen of India
Age limit :
21 to 30 years for General
33 years for OBC
35 years for SC/ST

Selection process :

Exam consists of three papers
Preliminary exam
main exam
Interview

No of Attempts :

General : 4
OBC : 7
SC/ST : no limit

Preliminary exam consists of objective type questions
it consists of two papers
no of questions 200
Duration 2hrs

Papers I :

Current Affairs
Indian Political System
General Science
History of India

Paper II :

Logical Reasoning
Analytical Ability
Decision Making & problem solving
General mental Ability
Numerical ability
English Language

Main Exam :

12th May 2012, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

my d.o.b. is 7-5-1992 can i apply ias for year 2013
15th August 2012, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

what are the subjects for upsc pre exam?
18th September 2012, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

which caders are under group1
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?