22nd June 2020, 05:35 PM
Ajaybabburi

Which ITI specialization is helpful in becoming Train Loco Pilot?

Which specialization should I choose in ITI that would help me in joining Train Loco Pilot post in Indian Railways? How would I apply for Loco Pilot after completion of ITI? Or, is there any other course available which I can do?

26th June 2020, 12:24 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which ITI specialization is helpful in becoming Train Loco Pilot?

If you are looking for job as Loco Pilot in Railways, then you can choose anyone of the following course for ITI.
  • Mechanic Motor Vehicle
  • Heat Engine
  • Turner
  • Electronics Mechanic
  • Mechanist
  • Refrigeration and AC mechanic
  • Electrician Instrument Mechanic

To apply for Loco pilot post, you will have to apply through RRB's official site. They regularly release circulars for locopilot and other job vacancies on their official portal. You will have to apply from their official site.

There are many RRB Zones portal with respect to each Railway zone (like NCR, Western Railway, Eastern Railway, etc.)

Other than ITI course, you can also do Diploma course (in Mechanical, Electrical, etc.) to be eligible for Locopilot job in Indian Railways.

Note that for selection of loco pilot post, you will have to first clear Written Test followed by Personal Interview. And age of the candidate must be between 18 to 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?