15th August 2011, 02:26 PM
ravishankartiwari

Job opportunities and Career growth through B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?

Sir i am doing b.tech 2nd year & my branch is chemical engg frm iet lucknow i worry about scope of jobs , placement ,growth in salary , my percentage is 76% ,should i change branch into electrical, or computer science, pls help

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities for Girls in Chemical Engineering? Syllabus of the B.Tech Chemical Engineering in Kerala University?
  2. Chemical Engineering: Course Difficulty Level? Job Prospects?
  3. Universities or colleges to prefer for doing MS in Chemical Engineering? Job opportunities in the course?
  4. Which colleges or universities are preferable for doing MS in abroad in Chemical Engineering? What about the job opportunities?
  5. Job opportunities for girls after B.Tech Chemical? -- [New]
  6. Information about career growth for HR? What are the opportunities available?
  7. What are the chemical engineering job opportunities?
  8. Job Opportunities after completion of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
  9. Colleges or universities preferable for doing M.S in Chemical Engineering?
  10. Colleges or universities preferable for doing MS in Chemical Engineering in Abroad? What are the job opportunities
  11. Career Scope and Job Opportunities in India and Abroad for Chemical Engineering course?
  12. What are the career opportunities in Chemical Engineering?
  13. Job opportunities after B.Tech Chemical Engineering? Which are the companies hiring chemical engineers?
  14. Engineering or B.Sc: best options after 50% in PCM? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Which engineering course is better between Civil and Chemical? What are the career opportunities? Is it true that Chemical Engineering has scope only in South India?
  16. Is it easy to find a job in core companies for a girl? Should I prefer such kind of job? What would be career growth prospect?
  17. Minimum salary of Chemical Engineering in India? Opportunities in Chemical Engineering? Which is the best field to opt in Chemical Engineering between Petroleum and Pharmaceuticals? Do Chemical Engineering have any opportunities?
  18. Job opportunities for B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) student in Mumbai?
15th August 2011, 08:18 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Job opportunities and Career growth through B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?

Dear Friend

If you don't like this branch and you have options to get it changed then you
can surely go for a branch change but I would like to point out that if you are
having such thinking just because you don't see scope of this branch then you
should not do so.

Chemical Engineering is really full of job opportunities in public and private sector both.
All Petroleum Industries, Steel Industries, Any other metal Industry, Textile Industry,
Coal Processing Company and many other major industries recruit chemical engineers.
You can get annual package of 3-10 lacs within India.

The companies for Chemical Engineers are;
ONGC
SAIL
Jindal Steel and Power Ltd.
Jindal South Western Ltd.
Monnet Group
Coal India Ltd.
Bharat Forge Ltd.

Please refer Employment News and http://www.freshersworld.com/ for getting updates
regarding jobs as per your qualification.
15th August 2011, 08:36 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Job opportunities and Career growth through B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?

hello dear

Job opportunities and Career growth through B.Tech in Chemical Engineering is very good.

specially if you are interested about to join in the Govt sector then it will be very much helpful to you.

you can give given below govt exams

1.NPCIL.

2.BARC.

3.DRDO.

4.SAIL.

5.Power grid corporation.

6.IOCL.

7.ONGC.

etc.

you can also join in the MNC private company like

1.TATA.

2.RELIANCE.

3.JINDAL.

4.Monnet Group.

ETC.

all the best........
15th August 2011, 08:45 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
this is a good branch in engineering
because you get good job in good company,
if you clear & thorough your concept of your branch paper then you get easily placement in your company.

Company likes:-

*ONGC
*RELIANCE
*ESSAR Ltd.
*Gujurat gas company
*Indo Gulf fertilizers
*More research & development company here

Institute offer this subject:-

*Institute of Chemical technology,Mumbai
*All IIT in INDIA
*All NIIT in INDIA
15th August 2011, 10:12 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
after b.tech there is a vast scope
you can apply for gov job as well as private job...
drdo
sail
ongc
jindal
nalco
bankpo

etc....
private.
mnc's , tcs
wipro, infosys
dell
etc.

good luck....
15th August 2011, 10:33 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravishankartiwari View Post
Sir i am doing b.tech 2nd year & my branch is chemical engg frm iet lucknow i worry about scope of jobs , placement ,growth in salary , my percentage is 76% ,should i change branch into electrical, or computer science, pls help
You can seek for jobs in Government as well as Private Concerns. Please cultivate the habit of reading the leading Employment dailies. It may help you to know the upcoming vacancies. Most of the Chemical Engineers work in petrochemical industries, manufacturing field, pharmaceuticals.Other companies includes Jubilliant Organosys,Sartorius ,British Biologicals,Astrazenica and many more !!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?