4th November 2010, 05:49 PM
Gunjan Shah

Job Opportunities in Nanotechnology?

Dear Sir ,
I had completed my M.Sc. in Nanotechnology from M.S.U. of Baroda ,Gujarat.
is there any opportunity in nanoscience in industry?
Can you suggest me which companies used nanotechnology in india and outside? I have an experience in preparation & Characterization of nanomaterials.

Is it necessary to learn Ph.D. in the same field ?
I am waiting for your positive reply.
Regards
Gunjan Shah

Related Questions:
7th November 2010, 12:06 AM
chandana Reddy

Default Re: Job Opportunities in Nanotechnology?

hi....
the applications of nanotechnology is tremendous and mind blogging...the career opportunities are expanding day by day...
you can can work in the field of nano-medicine, bio-informatics, stem cell development, pharmaceutical companies, nano toxicology and nano power generating sectors.
various other fields are
Space Research,Academic and Teaching...

good luck
11th November 2010, 01:26 PM
Ravi Kant kumar

Dear sir,
I had completed my M.Tech. in Nanotechnology from Panjab Unoiversity, Chandigarh.
Is there any opportunity in nanotechnology in industry?
Can you suggest me which companies used nanotechnology in india? I have an experience in preparation & Characterization of nanomaterials.
17th November 2010, 10:28 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

nanotechnology student have a great job opportunity and scope also in research field. but india is not so developed in nanotechnology. so most of the cases good student from nanotechnology student go to abroad for their research work.

as you have already completed your master degree then try to finish the P.hd. after that join in research field of nanotechnology.

now also you will get job if you want. you may join as lecturer in institution those have nanotechnology subject. you may join as a assistant of any researcher. other field also available. but i will suggest you to complete your P.hd.

best wishes.
17th November 2010, 11:22 AM
gurraj singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunjan Shah View Post
Dear Sir ,
Can you suggest me which companies used nanotechnology in india and outside? I have an experience in preparation & Characterization of nanomaterials.

Regards
Gunjan Shah
nanotechnology student have a great job opportunity and scope also in research field. but india is not so developed in nanotechnology. so most of the cases good student from nanotechnology student go to abroad for their research work.

as you have already completed your master degree then try to finish the P.hd. after that join in research field of nanotechnology.

now also you will get job if you want. you may join as lecturer in institution those have nanotechnology subject. you may join as a assistant of any researcher. other field also available. but i will suggest you to complete your P.hd.

best wishes.
17th November 2010, 11:40 AM
lakveldi

There are a lot of opportunities available in the field of research in nanotechnologyalso various research programs in nanotechnology are funded by the Government and universities across the country.Nanotechnology impacts all major sectors like solar energy, aerospace, environment, telecommunications, computing, etc.
17th November 2010, 11:44 AM
Satwinderpal Singh Sandhu

Quote:
Dear Sir ,

Regards
Gunjan Shah
hi....
the applications of nanotechnology is tremendous and mind blogging...the career opportunities are expanding day by day...
you can can work in the field of nano-medicine, bio-informatics, stem cell development, pharmaceutical companies, nano toxicology and nano power generating sectors.
various other fields are
Space Research,Academic and Teaching...
17th November 2010, 11:48 AM
Satwinderpal Singh Sandhu

Quote:
Dear Sir ,

Regards
Gunjan Shah
I had completed my M.Tech. in Nanotechnology from Panjab Unoiversity, Chandigarh.
Is there any opportunity in nanotechnology in industry?
Can you suggest me which companies used nanotechnology in india? I have an experience in preparation & Characterization of nanomaterials.
4th December 2010, 12:45 PM
mamta24
Member+

For information on vacancies at the Nanotechnology Group of the ETH Zurich, please contact:

Prof. Dr. Andreas Stemmer
Nanotechnology Group
ETH Zentrum CLA
CH-8092 Zurich
Switzerland

email: contact[at]nano.mavt.ethz.ch

Nanotechnology Careers

What is the Workforce Need?

As nanoscale science and technology come to have increasing impacts on many aspects of our daily lives, the opportunities for careers in these fields are expanding rapidly. A major challenge for the field is the education and training of a new generation of skilled workers.

Nanotechnology job projections are estimated to be nearly two million workers worldwide by 2015. In what countries will these jobs occur?

0.8-0.9 million – USA
0.5-0.6 million – Japan
0.3-0.4 million – Europe
0,2 million – Asia Pacific (excluding Japan)
0.1 million – other regions
In addition, nanotechnology will create another five million jobs worldwide in support fields and industries. *

Where are the Career Areas?

In areas as diverse as designing medical diagnostic devices to building better batteries, from creating cosmetics to enhancing energy efficient windows, from auto and plane manufacturing to researching the nature of matter itself, knowledge of nanoscale science and technology will be increasingly important during upcoming years and decades.

Current applications of nanoscale science and technology, and thus career opportunities, exist in areas such as:

Electronics/semiconductor industry
Materials science including textiles, polymers, packaging, among other
Auto and aerospace industries
Sports equipment
Pharmaceuticals including drug delivery, cosmetics, among others
Biotechnology
Medical fields
Optoelectronics
Environmental monitoring and control
Food science including quality control and packaging
Forensics
University and federal lab research
National security
Military
And many more
Nanoscale science and technology are fueling a revolution in manufacturing and production, creating new materials and novel processes. Not only will the areas listed above continue to grow and benefit from nanotechnology, but the following fields are expected to undergo explosive developments:

Medicine: diagnostics and therapeutics (e.g., drug delivery)
Energy: capture, storage, & use; fuel cells, batteries
Environmental remediation: in conjunction with GM microbes
Robotics: many uses
Manufacturing: self-assembly; “bottom-up” fabrication of novel materials
Commerce: Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) “smart” tags
Space exploration: space elevator
As these lists of nanoscience-based applications indicate, our world is increasingly dependent on science for food, shelter, energy, etc. For our democratic society to function effectively, citizens must become familiar with at least some basic science and, perhaps even more importantly, with thinking scientifically.

What Education is Needed and in Which Fields?

Nanoscale phenomena underlie many of the properties and interactions of matter, and thus the sciences of physics, chemistry, and biology. Studying these fields, and paying attention to the developments in nanoscience that advance them and the applications in nanotechnology that they support, can provide you with a solid foundation for any of a broad range of careers.

Potential fields of study include:

Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Environmental Science
Agricultural Science
Engineering
Medicine
Forensic Science
Law
Business
Ethics
What Type of Education is Needed for a Career in Nanotechnology?

Not everyone working in the field will require a doctorate degree in one of the fields noted above. A skilled workforce trained at a variety of levels is needed to meet the projected workforce challenge of 7 million workers. Education levels include:

Technical program
Associates degree (2 years)**
Bachelors degree (4 years)**
Masters degree (6 years)**
Doctorate (8 years)**
** This is the estimated time it would take a full time student to complete degree requirements after graduating from high school.

What Are the Expected Salaries?1

Two Year Associates $30,000-50,000
Four Year Bachelors $35,000-65,000
Six Year Masters $40,000-80,000
Eight Year Doctorate $75,000-100,000
1 Source: Pennsylvania State University; Center for Nanotechnology Education and Utilization

Some additional sites to explore:
http://www.nano.gov/html/edu/careers.htm
http://www.tinytechjobs.com
http://www.workingin-nanotechnology.com
http://www.nanostudent.com

*Source: Mihail Roco Nature Biotechnology vol. 22 No. 20 Oct. 2003

Ethan Allen
U. Washington

June 2005
24th January 2011, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

I am a research scholar---. Would you pls suggest me the new BCS Class II drugs which i can opt for nanoparticles.
27th January 2011, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

i have just finished my masters in nanotechnology in uk, and wanted to know which companies in india are currently hiring freshers?, please let me know , thank you
27th January 2011, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

i have just finished my masters in nanotechnology in uk, and wanted to know which companies in india are currently hiring freshers?, please let me know , thank you
27th January 2011, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

1st February 2011, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

hi.. i am doing my final yr m.sc./m.tech. nanoscience and nanotechnology in madras university.i did my b.sc. in chemistry. give some details about job opportunities in chennai and bangalore...thank u
23rd April 2011, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

There is a very big gap in adopting technology because of it's non commercial level of work done in labouratory.No big corporates will open up and for SME awarness/funding/willingness is require.My company is starting utilising this technology in very short time.If any body is interested,can contact on [email protected]
24th April 2011, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

I completed M.Tech nanotechnology recently and I wish to join good type of job anywhere in the world. kindly inform me about the chance or Ph.d admission anywhere else. Email:- [email protected]
16th May 2011, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

hi i am yogesh from india i have completed my master degree in chemistry and doing my ph.d in nanotechnology and i have a doubt is that job opportunities are there in the field of nanotechnology ?
28th May 2011, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

i have done M.SC M.PHIL in PHYSICS.Now i'm interested in doing P.hd in NANOTECHNOLOGY.What are the future job prospects?
3rd July 2011, 10:08 PM
tuhin20062006

scope of nano science and tech.m.tech
3rd July 2011, 10:10 PM
tuhin20062006

job prosoect in m.tech in nanao science and tech.?
3rd July 2011, 10:14 PM
tuhin20062006

i have done m.sc in phy.if i compleated m.tech in nano sciencs and tech with in 2 years (2013) .what are the future job prospect in that field?
23rd July 2011, 01:19 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Some of the companies in India that provides job prospects are

Cranes Software International Limited, Bangalore;

Monad Nanotech Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai;

Velbionanotech, Bangalore;

Qtech Nanosystems (P) Ltd, Bangalore;

Innovations Unified Technology, Mumbai etc.

Nanotechnology is one of the most exciting and wide area of research.

Students with M.Tech in Nanotechnology are in great demand both in India and abroad.

It is a rapidly growing and emerging field.

Those with Ph.D in Nanotechnology will have vibrant opportunities in the Research & Development sectors.
30th July 2011, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

i am student from mechanical engineering back ground. doing mtech in nano tech. i would like to know where can i get a job related to mechanical engineering ,may be with in India or abroad..?
31st July 2011, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

sir i am student of enggineering first year my brnch is computer can i enter n nano tech world?
3rd August 2011, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

i m pursuing m.tech from nanotechnology and i did b.tech from electronic and communication ...i want to join a good company..is any company hire a fresher of mtech (nanotech)..or what should i do for better future..plz suggest me...
25th October 2011, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

i m doing m.tech nanotech from iit.kindly suggest me oppurtunities in this field
25th February 2012, 10:15 AM
drurv

Student have a great job opportunity and scope also in research field. but india is not so developed in nanotechnology. so most of the cases good student from nanotechnology student go to abroad for their research work.

best wishes.
26th May 2012, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

now I am going to join integrated 5 year course in nanotechnology. kindly suggest me, it is the right time ang what about job oppurtunities?
4th June 2012, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i have done my BE in electronics and telecommunication,now selected in srm chennai for mtech having 93rd rank.if i get nanotechnology for mtech,then whats the future scope for jobs?plz reply i am [email protected]
16th June 2012, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

sir , i got 1691 rank in VITMEE with ECE branch.... can i get addmission in vit university...which branch is bettar in m.tech ....which branch i will get ?
7th July 2012, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Gunjan Shah;234010]Dear Sir ,
I had completed my M tech. in Nanotechnology.

Regards
7th July 2012, 02:28 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

>>The eligibility criteria to do post graduation in nanotechnology is 50% marks at graduation level.

>>If you have a B.Tech degree in Material science, Mechanical, Biomedical, Chemical, Biotechnology , Electronics and Computer Science then you are eligible to do this course.

A professional in the field of Nanotechnology can easily find lucrative career opportunities in various sectors.

You can easily get work in the following sectors:

>>Product development and advising
>>Forensic science
>>R & D in government
>>Academic and Teaching
>>Health Industry
>>Environment Industry
>>Agriculture
>>Bio-Technology
>>Genetics

Following are some of the courses you can look forward to:

>> M.Tech. Nanomedical Sciences
>>M.Tech. Nanotechnology
>>M.Tech. Health Care Nanotechnology (Integrated)
>> M.S. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
>>M.Sc. Nanoscience
>>Ph.D. Nanoscience and Technology
4th September 2012, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

I am Prakriti Dhanraj pursuing M.Tech in nanotechnology from SOCT, North Maharastra University, Jalgaon, Maharashtra. Currently I am doing my M.Tech project from National Chemical Laboratory, Pune. I have experience in synthesis, characterisation of nanomaterials and in nanocatalysis. Currently I am looking for a job in nanotechnology. Is there any opportunity for me ?
12th December 2012, 03:38 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

Nanotechnology professionals are in great demand in mainstream electronics, industrial products and healthcare markets.

The Government of India has instituted S&T Initiatives in Nanotechnology.
However, Nanotechnology graduates have plenty of opportunities in medical, healthcare industry research, environment industries, pharmaceutical, agriculture, universities, private research institutes, educational institutes, entrepreneurial, investment advisers in biotechnology, research and development in government, product development and advising, communication and media and interfacing of new technologies.

The remuneration offered for Nanotechnology graduates in public sector is Rs.20,000 to Rs.30,000 and the package is higher in the private sector.
15th December 2012, 04:22 PM
umang_28
Senior Member+

If you have 50% or more than 50% in m.tech Nanotechnology , then

You can easily get work in the following sectors:

=>Product development and advising

=>Forensic science

=>R & D in government

=>Academic and Teaching

=>Health Industry

=>Environment Industry

=>Agriculture

=>Bio-Technology

=>Genetics

If you like to more study then , Following are some of the courses you can look forward to:

=> M.Tech. Nanomedical Sciences

=>M.Tech. Nanotechnology

=>M.Tech. Health Care Nanotechnology (Integrated)

=> M.S. Nanoscience and Nanotechnology

=>M.Sc. Nanoscience

=>Ph.D. Nanoscience and Technology

with regard umang_28

26th December 2012, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

i am the student of m.tech nanotechnology completed in 2013, after that there were any job in 2013 in india or either phd is better.
15th January 2013, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a student of Nanotechnology doing my Integrated Masters programme final yr. i.e.,5th year. I have my percentage aggregate of 75 for 5 yrs. Can i get a proper job offer in India
15th January 2013, 11:52 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Job Opportunities in Nanotechnology :

Health Industry

Agriculture

Environment Industry

Food & Beverages

Space Research

Academic & Teaching

Genetics

Bio Technology

Communication & Media

Product Development & Advising
16th January 2013, 03:13 PM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

Job Opportunities in Nanotechnology

1.Qtech Nanosystems (P) Ltd

2.Cranes Software International Limited,

3.Innovations Unified Technology

4.Monad Nanotech Pvt. Ltd,

5.University and federal lab research

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27th March 2013, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

sir i am m tech 1st year student of nanotechnology(chemical dept), but i am basically electrical student in b tech and diploma, after completed my m tech which company to give opportunity to join job
14th April 2013, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I had completed my B.tech in ECE and want to pursue my M.tech in nanotechnology. Is this beneficial to me or not?
Moreover,I want to ask the scope of this field in India and afterwards what all will be my job opportunities.
13th May 2013, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Is nanotechnology course is suitable for female and can I study after completing 12th? I want a positive reply
13th May 2013, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Is nanotechnology suitable for female and can I study M.TECH medical nanotechnology after completing 12th?
20th July 2013, 08:00 PM
Zaidshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi i am yogesh from india i have completed my master degree in chemistry and doing my ph.d in nanotechnology and i have a doubt is that job opportunities are there in the field of nanotechnology ?
There are lots and lots of opportunities in nanotechnology.go ahead

Best wishes for your future.
15th September 2013, 09:03 PM
EFDRTG

Dear user

nanotechnology student have a great job opportunity and scope also in research field. but india is not so developed in nanotechnology.
so most of the cases good student from nanotechnology student go to abroad for their research work.

good luck
16th September 2013, 12:01 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Some of the companies in India that provides job prospects are

Cranes Software International Limited, Bangalore;

Monad Nanotech Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai;

Velbionanotech, Bangalore;

Qtech Nanosystems (P) Ltd, Bangalore;

Innovations Unified Technology, Mumbai etc.

Nanotechnology is one of the most exciting and wide area of research.

Students with M.Tech in Nanotechnology are in great demand both in India and abroad.

All the best........................
10th November 2013, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

is there any govt jobs in thisfield
4th May 2014, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir I finished M.Sc. in Physics in 2011 with 63% and then persued M.Tech in Nanotechnology in 2013 with 70% in Karnataka. Till now i didnt get job based on M.Tech. So is there any companies hiring jobs in this field. Please help me to get a job
25th February 2015, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I had completed my M.Tech. in Nanotechnology from JNTU,ANANTAPUR.
Is there any opportunity in nanotechnology in industry? i am also interseted to do internship in the industry.
Can you suggest me which companies used nanotechnology in india? I have an experience in preparation & Characterization of nanomaterials. and my mtech project is based on the nanofilms. do the neeedful.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?