1st February 2014, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

Is it beneficial to choose PG in Nanotechnology? What are the advantages of M.Tech in Nanotechnology?

Hello,
I am a student of nanotechnology. I just wanna know is there any real good in opting for a pg in nanotechnology. I want to go for R&D. And if it is, then what are the advantages over a simple Mtech in Nanotechnology. It's kind'a urgent. So please post your views.

7th February 2014, 11:19 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Inquiry about the future prospect of nanotechnology in India

Yes,you may go for the Nanotechnology course in your Ph.D. Because there is a very ood scope for the Nanotechnology in near future in India.M.Tech is just a Masters degree in which you just study the subject in the M.Tech curriculum.Where as,in Ph.D you will be undergoing for doing research.So that as per your dream you can easily get in to the Research and Development.

For doing Ph.D in Nanotechnology stream,you must have a masters degree.From the following subjects such as Physics,Chemistry,Material Science,Biological science or B.Tech/B.E or else equivalent examination.So since you are with the B.Tech Nanotechnology stream you no need to worry.

Nanotechnology surfaces are highly resistant to the bacteria,dirt,and some scratches.So you can find Research on this topics too at your Ph.D level.

The Research areas include the following topics such as Nanotubes,Biosensors,Nanocomposites,Nano-catalysis,Devices and more.This Nano technology is basically applied to the converging of the Physics,engineering,biology,chemistry and computer science.Nanotechnology can have its biggest impact on the Medicine or Medical industry.
In the Nanotechnology streams,there are good number of job opportunities.So you can find the employment in the following areas as,Food and Beverages,Teaching,Genetics,Space Research,Forensic science,Agriculture industry,Environment industry,Genetics,Medicine.You can also find your career as an Associate Professor,Assistant Professor,Or else as Professor in the Universities/Premier Institutions.
3rd June 2014, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Best job oriented m.tech branch after b.tech mechanical engineering??is nanotechnology is good??
8th June 2014, 12:01 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Nanotechnology is a new field that has great potential in the future.It has the ability to provide alternatives to make a sustainable environment.It includes innovations which can change the world.This technology is thought to be very demanding in the near future.
The scope and prospective in this field are tremendous if one has dedication towards this subject.The major areas that implement this technology and recruit the candidates are -

-Electronics
-Health care
-Environmental Organization
-Pharmaceuticals
-Textile
-Aviation
-Agriculture
-Food & Beverages
-Space research

You can also do research in this field in the leading institutes and research centres after your MS/Mtech.There are many good institutes where you can pursue your PhD where you can carry out your research work.Some of the good institutes are :-

- Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore;
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- National Physical Laboratory, Delhi
- Solid State Physics Laboratory, Delhi
- National Chemical Laboratory, Pune
- Central Scientific Instruments Organization, Chandigarh
- Defence Materials Store Research & Development Organizations, Kanpur
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- Amity Institute of Nanotechnology, Noida
- Delhi University
- Benaras Hindu University
7th July 2014, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
i have done my B.Tech(E&C) and M.Tech(Nano-Technology) from Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi.i did my Dissertation in the field of VLSI & Nanoelectronics. i am interested to do work as a Assistant professor in the ECE Department. but i see the vacancy in Academic field, there is not mentioned the specialization of M.Tech(nano-tech). so that i would like to know, can i apply in ECE dept for Assistant professor. please sent me detail on my Email-Id:[email protected].
I am looking forward to get a positive and early response
Thank you
13th January 2015, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it beneficial to choose PG in Nanotechnology? What are the advantages of M.Tech in Nanotechnology?

I am pursuing M.TECH(NANOTECH). i know it is a developing area but now difficult to get a job.please suggest me ,what i to do?
18th August 2015, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it beneficial to choose PG in Nanotechnology? What are the advantages of M.Tech in Nanotechnology?

sir i am b.tech electronics & communication and pursuing m.tech in material science & nanotachnology from nit kurukshetra so i want to know about the future aspects after m.tech
my future intrest is teaching so wheather i can apply in electronics departnment also for teaching post or not andwhat more options will be available
you can mail me in my email id-- [email protected]
i am confused so please help me with ur valuable suggestions
waiting for some positive response.......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?