7th March 2011, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Job opportunities and other career options for Metallurgical Engineering graudates?

Dear sir,
I have done B.Tech in Metallurgy with 53% in 2009 from kanpur university.
But i didn't get any chance till now to work in my field i.e. metallurgy.
I am keen for working in steel plant or in the company where metallurgy is required.
Can i do M.Tech in metallurgy. Or what must i do to establish my career?
Will there be any problem, taking my percentage?
Plz reply me.

Thanks with regards
Devendra Yadav
Kanpur,UP.

Related Questions:
  1. Job opportunities for B.Tech(Metallurgical & Materials Engineering) student in Andhra Pradesh?
  2. What are the job opportunities available for girls after completion of diploma in metallurgical engineering? -- [New]
  3. Job opportunities and career options available in America after BHMS?
  4. What are the job opportunities from MME? I am a B.Tech final year student of Metallurgical and Materials engineering
  5. What are the job opportunities after passing B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering from NIT Jamshedpur?
  6. Core companies which offer recruitment to B.Tech(Metallurgical Engineering) student?
  7. What are the job opportunities for those who have done CS as well as banking? What are the career options?
  8. Which are the career options for me other than M.Tech course having completed Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Chartered Engineer eligibility for Metallurgy engineer?
  10. How to join Diploma in Mining after completion of Intermediate?
  11. What are the career options and opportunities after completing M.E in Electronics? I have completed B.E
  12. What are the career opportunities for BSc Botany? What are the job options?
  13. Career options and opportunities after completing M.E in Electronics?
  14. Do girls have any scope in Metallurgical Engineering? Colleges offering Metallugical Engineering? Is it a good course?
  15. What are the career options available in IT field?
  16. What should I do after completing Graduation course?
  17. Courses available to study for B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year candidate?
  18. What are the career options for Higher studies after completion of B.Sc in Physics other than M.Sc in Physics? List of Institutions offering this program in Pune? Job Opportunities after completion of this course?
7th March 2011, 04:29 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Default Re: Job opportunities and other career options for Metallurgical Engineering graudates?

Hello,

You have done B.Tech. in Metallurgy Engineering with 53 % marks in 2009 from kanpur university.

After 53 % marks in B.Tech. you are not eligibile for any Government sector

exams because in all government organisation like SAIL, NTPC, BHEL, State

Electricity Board, DMRC, BSNL, MTNL, ONGC .....etc. minimum educational

eligibility is 65 % marks from a regonised institute / university.

So you can apply in private sector only.

Best of Luck
7th March 2011, 09:44 PM
rakesh11135
Junior Member+

Default Re: Job opportunities and other career options for Metallurgical Engineering graudates?

Hello!Devendra ,
i think you should apply for job because M.TECH. will take two years more,but while doing job you will get experience in this field.And you can further apply for another company thereafter where that experience will be counted.
There are lot of companies doing metallugy business eg.,all steel companies.
If you are financially sound enough,then you should do M.TECH.All IIT's and almost all NIT's offer M.TECH. courses.Infact,few state govt.universities also offer it.

Companies offering jobs in this field:
Steel Authority of India Limited, Tata Steel, Jindal Steel & Power Limited, Ispat Industries Ltd, John Deere, Pune, Reliance Industries Ltd. Government organization include ISRO, DRDO, and Railway.

BEST OF LUCK!
8th March 2011, 11:45 AM

Scope of Metallurgy

Metallurgical jobs are among the most coveted in India. Metal extractors like Tata Steel, Steel Authority of India (SAIL), Hindustan Copper Limited, Hindalco Industries Limited, and Jindal Steel are the major recruiters of metallurgical consultants. Among the electrical industries, Finolex Cables Limited and Cable Corporation of India are the leading employers of metallurgy scholars.

Scope outside India

Overseas, students after successfully completing metallurgy courses in India are offered placements as metallurgical technicians, metallurgical engineers, and process analysts. Organizations in metal extraction industry, alloy manufacturing plants, and heavy machinery units appoint qualified metallurgical professionals.
8th March 2011, 01:22 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Since you want to make your career in mettalurgical engineering you should look for job in foundaries, heat treatment shops, rolling mills, plants extracting and processing metals like iron and steel, nickel, tin, copper, zinc, aluminium and brass etc.

Some of the companies where you can apply for job are:

Tata Iron and Steel Company, Jamshedpur and
steel plants of Durgapur, Bhillai, Rourkela
MOIL

If you want to pursue MTech then you need to appear in GATE. Your percentage in BTech won't affect your chances to do Mtech because in GATE percentage of marks is not considered.
8th March 2011, 02:45 PM
krupadesai

A better option will be that you crack GATE exam with good percentile & apply for M. Tech at good institutes like NITs, IIT, IISc, Banaras Hindu University in metallurgy.

Work hard so as you can score atleast first class in your masters. That will add an advantage to your 53% score in B. Tech. You need to be best in your field to get the best pay after you complete your study work. So, dedication, sincere efforts & positive approach are required for getting placed in the best company.

This will definitely help you in getting best opportunities in steel plant & the type of work you are keen to work on.

You can even apply for a research programme or plan to study abroad as scopes are bright int this field abroad too.
16th March 2011, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

I am chemical Eng.(B.E.).I have 13 years experience in extraction of metals like cobalt,nickel,copper and znick by solvant extaction.I design mixer-settler assembly for extraction of same metals.Suggest any suitable job in maharastra.
23rd May 2011, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Davendra,

Scope of metallurgy is unlimited. Don't worry if you counldn't score much in the exams. You may get jobs like Failure Analyst, corrosion Engineer, Inspection Engineer etc in additional to the commonly heard names. if you are interested in inspection, learn NDT and corrosion courses. Opportunities will strike you and you can slowly grow financially as well as professionally.

Regards
Vinod
28th May 2011, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

After doing B.Tech in Metallurgy from IIT is it possible to do M.Tech in Computer Science from IIT.
Please also let me know whether after B.Tech in Metallurgy, M.S. in other branch like Electronic, Telecom in USA can be done.
6th July 2011, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

SIR I GOT METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING(B-TECH) SEAT IN NIT RAIPUR IN AIEEE COUNCELLING SIR PLEASE SUGGEST ME WETHER I HAVE GOOD CAREAR OR NOT..........PLEASE SUGGEST ME
21st July 2011, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

i am getting metallurgical engineering in jntu hyderabad university.is it ok to take this branch???can you suggest the career oppurtunities.... can i get a job in this field after completion of my b.tech....
2nd August 2011, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

what shall i do? btech in metallurgy from vnit nagpur or IT from nit raipur? I also have an option of doing mechanical from G.B. Pant university. please suggest me which will be best for my career.......
11th August 2011, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

sir am getting B.E in
Metallurgy and Material Engineering in Mehran university Jamshoro sindh Pakistan.
and i have passed 69% plz reply.
14th August 2011, 03:21 AM
Unregistered

i am doing my B.tech in metallurgy from college of engineering, pune. what are the future career prospects in metallurgy in india. also let me know about the institutes abroad that offer post graduation related to metallurgy and how to get into these colleges?
24th August 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

i have choosen metallurgy branch for my b.tech.do i have a better job opertunities?
24th August 2011, 06:58 PM
rana2011
Banned

You can apply in private sector only.

Because You have done B.Tech. in Metallurgy Engineering with 53 % marks in 2009 from kanpur university.

exams because in all government organisation like:- SAIL, NTPC, BHEL, State

And in Electricity Board, DMRC, BSNL, MTNL, ONGC .....etc.minimum educational

Best of Luck!!
11th November 2011, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
I have completed M.Tech in Process Metallurgy with C.G.P.A 8.2 from NITK surathkal and B.E in Mechanical Engineering with 65%. My interest is towards joining Steel Industries but i am failing to apply for job because Most of Steel Industries are asking B.Tech in Metallurgy and even SAIL also. Please help me by providing worthful information as early as possible. My mail id is [email protected]
2nd December 2011, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

hello Sir,
I'm Abhishek from Pune University doing Msc(inorganic chemistry 1year)
want 2 know abt job courses after msc chem in central government.
plz suggest me the better options.
thank u.
have good day.
my mail id- [email protected]
18th December 2011, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

dear sir , .
my name is DP singh
ihave done my btech in mechanical engineering. and doing mtech in material sci. and metallurgy from thapar university .so after this tell me the ways how i can polish my future.
25th December 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir,

Please let me know if there are any openings for Metallurgy graduate in ONGC or ONGC subsidery companies.

Parineeta
Btech Metallurgy
24th February 2012, 10:07 AM
drurv

i think you should apply for job because M.TECH. will take two years more,but while doing job you will get experience in this field.And you can further apply for another company thereafter where that experience will be counted.
There are lot of companies doing metallugy business eg.,all steel companies.
If you are financially sound enough,then you should do M.TECH.All IIT's and almost all NIT's offer M.TECH. courses.Infact,few state govt.universities also offer it.

Companies offering jobs in this field:
Steel Authority of India Limited, Tata Steel, Jindal Steel & Power Limited, Ispat Industries Ltd, John Deere, Pune, Reliance Industries Ltd. Government organization include ISRO, DRDO, and Railway.
16th March 2012, 06:59 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
Presently I am doing my B.Tech in Metallurgy and Material Science Engineering, after that I would like to join te energy sector relating to atomic and nuclear energy.
Please resume me a answer that what kind of preparation I should do to get there and go higher in research field relating to nuclear energy.
Thanks..
13th June 2012, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

sir what is the eligibility criteria for hindalco industries for st/sc students???????????
29th June 2012, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

what should i chose a better clge any field or a good field from any clge
3rd July 2012, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

i have been selected for btech and mtech dual degree to iit bombay. what is the possible pay scale for me after the completion of my course/ please reply
jayesh
4th July 2012, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

sir i got admission in iit kanpur in metallurgy engineering and mechanical in dtu . what should i do????? what can i do after graduation??
4th July 2012, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Cs at mnnit allahabad or metallurgy at iit bhu?which one will be best?i want to do mba after my b -tech.how iit tag will be helpful in persuing mba?urgent please reply soon
4th July 2012, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Cs at mnnit allahabad or metallurgy at iit bhu?which one will be best?i want to do mba after my b -tech.how iit tag will be helpful in persuing mba?urgent please reply soon
15th July 2012, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

sir,
please tell me metallurgical industeries in pakistan
3rd August 2012, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

can i do phd from abroad after doing btech in abroad after getting 8.2 cgpa in btech in metallurgy and material science
abhishek gupta
nifft ranchi
30th May 2013, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

Sir, what is the scope of metallurgical engg. from COEP Pune.
13th July 2013, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

i AM A BE(METALLURGY) FRESHER ..plz tell me whether i should go abroad for jobs or should i gain experience here in gujarat and after 2 yrs whether i should go or not??? plz tell me scope of metallurgy in india as well as abroad...
18th July 2013, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Sir mujhe iit varansi metallurgical eng. Mujhe company,pacage, percentage ke bare main tell me
[email protected]
Please tell me urgently
19th July 2013, 10:14 PM
Vamshi.Kothari

exams because in all government organisation like SAIL, NTPC, BHEL, State

Electricity Board, DMRC, BSNL, MTNL, ONGC .....etc. minimum educational

I am keen for working in steel plant or in the company where metallurgy is required.
2nd August 2013, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

Hi , i am chandrasekhar from andhrapradesh , studying B.tech 3rd year in material science and metallurgy engineering in well known university. i've completed my first 2 years with 8.5 / 10 cgpa (avg). i would like to do summer internship , can you people please tell best industries in india???
22nd August 2013, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir ,
I am Atul , I have completed my b.tech in metallurgical and materials Engineering this year(10th july 2013) from NIT Jaipur witha CGPA of 5.65. I am currently working in Bhushan steels limited Orissa Plant as a Management Trainee.Here they have alloted me Sinter department Operations.But sir in operations there is no metallurgy involved,should i continue with it or it will be bad add on to my profile.
And sir i want to know where else i can apply as it is too far and am not liking the work as no metallurgy is there, are there any opportunities for me working abroad,I I know that my cgpa is low..so how can i overcome it?

i
5th July 2014, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

good evening sir.. I completed my B.E. Metallurgy in andhra university.. I didn't qualify in gate exam. But i want to appear for gate in the next year. Because my aim is to study masters at IITs. So can u please tell me that this decission will take in correct way or not. And please share your thoughts regarding placements after masters
21st August 2014, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

gud mrng sir.........i'm pursuing final year b-tech in metallurical eng.i've so many doubts regarding my metallurgical career.i'm so much intrested in dng job in industry.pls gve ur valuable suggestions to make my career bright.i've heard that in railways, metallurgical engg hve job pls tell me how to approach nd will they take girls?
18th October 2014, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Default What are the job opportunitiesfor final year Metallurgical Engineering students?

Sir,
I just want to know what are companies will offer off campus drive recruitments for 4th year metallurgy students, what are the opportunities right we will have?
2nd July 2015, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

I want to earn more and more money. Please guide me the best branch for Btech engineering course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?