2nd August 2013, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

For which jobs can I apply in Indian Army? I have finished B.Tech

my name is harish i finished my b.tech.for which jobs i should apply in indian army

22nd August 2015, 10:48 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: For which jobs can I apply in Indian Army? I have finished B.Tech

Having Bachelor of technology degree you are eligible for getting officers rank job in Indian defense. But for this you will have to clear CDS examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and it has four wings which are as Naval Academy ( NA ),( ii ) Indian Air force Academy ( IAF ) ( iii ) Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) & ( iv ) Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ).

The same examination is held by UPSC twice every year and are popularly known as CDS I & CDS II. Also the examination is held in two stages which are called as Written examination ( General ability test ) and Service Selection Board interview.

The qualifications required for appearing in the same examination for joining Army i.e; IMA are as following :-

* You must have the nationality of India with age lying within 19 years to 24 years.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course with any stream of choice from a recognized university.

* You must hold the physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement norms.

Since you are a bachelor of technology degree holder then you can apply for all other wings of CDS also. But for different wings the upper age limit is not same are as 22 years, 23 years & 25 years for NA, IAF & OTA respectively.

For more queries related to the same examination you can log on to its official link i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?