18th April 2010, 10:37 PM
AMIT UPADHYAY

Lateral entry through AIEEE or IP?

sir i m currently doing diploma in electronics and communications engineering -2nd year. i want to do B.TECH. what should i do.. is der any lateral entry in AIEEE.or in IP..PLZZZ tel me the best possible way...i shuld be thankful 2 u....

19th April 2010, 11:43 AM
hudsthomas

Default Re: Lateral entry through AIEEE or IP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIT UPADHYAY View Post
sir i m currently doing diploma in electronics and communications engineering -2nd year. i want to do B.TECH. what should i do.. is der any lateral entry in AIEEE.or in IP..PLZZZ tel me the best possible way...i shuld be thankful 2 u....
YOu cannot join any of the NIT's or IIT through the lateral entry program but

Ya you can join as lateral entry student in any of the Government engineering colleges through the LET in kerala(similar kind of test for differnt colleges and universities) if u r interested to locate to differnt place then THaper university is a good option>>
CET> karnataka
TANCET >tamilnadu
LET> in KErala
and so on
further reference mail to [email protected]
19th April 2010, 01:15 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

The best way with higher sucess rate is to go through AIEEE.

For applying for AIEEE first of all you have to complete your Diploma engineering with at least 50% aggregate including all semester.

However,there is a special condition for the candidates you want to sit for AIEEE.Those in there final semester of Diploma can also apply,provided that they have to submit the prove of passing it before the Admission date after the councelling of AIEEE.

So,first of all complete your Diploma with good aggregate,prepare well for AIEEE because the syllabus for it is as same as of class 12 CBSE.

Best of Luck

Last edited by faiyaz; 19th April 2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: some text was missing
19th April 2010, 01:21 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
Lateral entry means the admission provision of diploma holder students directly in the 2nd academic year of B. Tech.
There is no provision of lateral entry in AIEEE colleges.
You can apply for lateral entry in Guru Goving Singh Indraprastha(IP) Univ.
This application can be done if you are currently finishing your diploma and at the time of admission you would be in a position to produce your diploma certificate.
Thank you
Good Luck
30th April 2010, 02:53 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

There is no lateral entry in AIEEE but there is in IP University.

But you can answer AIEEE since you will be eligible to do so. but you wont be admitted to 2nd year unlike IP where you will have to answer a test and if you clear it you can get direct 2nd year admission

So Cheers
30th April 2010, 09:54 PM
quddus

Hi friend...........

Yes you will get admission in btech but the best way is when you will complete your diploma with minimum 50% marks in every semister then through aieee you will enter where you want and then you will get govt colleges or where you want to take admission.
All the best and thank you!
24th May 2010, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

can the the last date for submission of forms for lateral entry in ip.if i can still take the form then can i know the syllabus for the exam
26th May 2010, 01:56 PM
Mubaraque

Exclamation Re: Lateral entry through AIEEE or IP?

You can ieee. It will be best if you own +2 since questions are in +2 level. Very less number of students are going this route because they have forgot maths, science...
29th May 2010, 12:43 PM
phuchi

you can get the lateral admission only if you have completed diploma.
and then you have scored good ranking in the aieee.

all the best.
31st May 2010, 04:26 AM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear friend,
you can do B.Tech as a lateral entry only after completing your
diploma in engineering and you will get admission in 2nd year and you must have minimum 50% marks in diploma degree course.
1st June 2010, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Sir my rank is 1 lakh 49 thousand onwords in ovarall rank in aieee.Which b.tech collage you prefer for me?
8th June 2010, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

SIR, MY SISTER IS IN 12TH THIS YEAR . WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET HER INTO ELECTRONIC AND COMMUNICATION ENGG IN GOVT COLLEGES AND GIVE NAMES OF GOVT COLLEGES PLEASE. WHAT WILL BE THE ENTIRE FEES?
9th June 2010, 01:23 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIT UPADHYAY View Post
taking admission in nit or iit college through lateral entry is not possible for this you have to give aieee or iit jee exam but you can take admission in government college of your state through lateral entry scheme.
9th June 2010, 01:56 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

After completing your diploma you will get admission in B.tech through lateral
entry. But you will not get admission in top colleges like IIT's and NIT's. But
you can get admission in IP, through lateral entry, for this you have to give
AIEEE exams............
3rd July 2010, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

can i get lateral entry in 2nd year btech in delhi colege of engineering which is under delhi technical university(DTU) after diploma
5th July 2010, 01:26 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i get lateral entry in 2nd year btech in delhi colege of engineering which is under delhi technical university(DTU) after diploma

I dont think DCE has Lateral Entry into 2nd year.

Yeah it has Part time B.Tech program, but not Lateral Entry Scheme even if you are Diploma Holder.

In this case you can move towards IPU, PTU, IGNOU in now a days they are best options for LAteral Entry and for working professionals the coresspondance one is best.
5th July 2010, 02:14 AM
answers_for_you

Hello,
You can admitted to the lateral entry only if you are from the diploma background.
In latera entry you will get admission direcctly to the 2nd year of techinical studies.

All the best.
5th July 2010, 09:58 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello friend
You can not get admitted by lateral entry through the AIEEE ,There are special exam for the lateral exam in which the students are directly admitted to the 2nd year.

For tthis you must be an diploma holder ,which will make you eligible for the exam.
All the best.
30th August 2010, 09:39 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
I think there is no option for Lateral Entry.
you can go for B.Tech program, but not Lateral Entry Scheme as you are Diploma Holder.
you can go for IPU, PTU, IGNOU in now a days they are best options for Lateral Entry.

Good luck.
6th September 2010, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

sir i got 58 marks in aieee 2010 & i am in sc catt. i have allredy alloted in jnu-jodhpur in fifth round of ccb but i cancelled admission. i want to admission in nit so its possible thought spot
councelling pleas reply.
6th September 2010, 12:22 AM
avinash kr.
Banned

aieee taken a exam for diploma holder known as lateral entry examination. diploma holder can apply for this. thanking you
6th September 2010, 12:32 AM
noproblem

Dear there is only lateral entry in B.tech after diploma in engineering
You cant take direct entry into second year without diploma

All the best
6th September 2010, 02:44 AM
robart
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Lateral entry through AIEEE or IP?

Dear friend,

There is no any provision of lateral entry in engineering colleges through AIEEE exam.you can appear at the AIEEE exam.but you can't take durect admission in the 2nd year through this exam.

you have to appear for separate exam conducted for lateral entry.this exam is called as JEELAT.this exam is conducted by various states for the admission by lateral entry scheme in their engineering colleges.

You can apply for lateral entry in Guru Goving Singh Indraprastha(IP) Univ.

good Luck.
6th September 2010, 10:51 AM
Rickers

Hi!
Yes every college including IP have lateral entry procedure.
you have to do just one thing,complete diploma then apply for B.TEch wherever you wish to get admission.
After completion of diploma you get direct admission in @nd year.
Otherwise for getting admission in IITs or NITs you must have to give IITJEE.
After cracking IITJEE you will get the admission.
6th September 2010, 01:20 PM
drdo99
Banned

friend,
Yes, there has been a announcement of late that npti is opening such lateral courses through aieee.
Since it is already functioning with the above course at NPTI,Durgapur ,you can call them get some guaranteed information.
Also search their home page of further detail.
you can search ip university for better details.
6th September 2010, 02:50 PM
meeria

Dear friend

You can not get admitted by lateral entry through the AIEEE ,There are special exam like IPU, PTU, IGNOU exam in which the students are directly admitted to the 2nd year.

only after completing your diploma in engineering and you must have
minimum 50% marks in diploma degree course.

have a good day
6th September 2010, 03:12 PM
chaitu667

Hello bro!

We did not have any lateral entry to National level colleges such as NIT's, BIT, IIT's. But there is a chance to get lateral entry in local engineering colleges, I mean there are fair chances to join state govt. colleges which are under local universities.

One better choice to enter into NIT's is to get good percentage of marks in your Diploma course and there is a little chance to enter. First of all you have to apply for AIEEE with your marks that you obtained in Diploma and there after if you are eligible you will get a chance to attend the councelling. Once this had been done there is no looking backwards, there your seat will be confirmed or else you will be thrown out......

Good luck!
6th September 2010, 04:45 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

Sorry AIEEE does not have any lateral entry program for diploma holders.

But those who have completed their diploma with at least 50% marks in each semester are allowed to appear in AIEEE. Final semester students can also apply subject to
their submitting the passing certificate at the prescribed time.

IP does have a lateral entry scheme for diploma holders but they have to pass in the test conducted by IP for this purpose.
6th September 2010, 04:49 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

yes you can do lateral entry scheme...while ffilling up your form for AIEEE entrance exam encircle LE option and you will be eliible for lateral entry by showing your diploma certificate while addmission...
9th September 2010, 12:35 AM
bapuram

dear friend,

You can not get admitted by lateral entry through the AIEEE ,There are special exam like IPU, PTU, IGNOU exam in which the students are directly admitted to the 2nd year.

only after completing your diploma in engineering and you must have
minimum 50% marks in diploma degree course.

good luck
10th October 2010, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

I M DOING B.TECH 1ST YEAR FROM MD UNIVERSITY .MY AIEEE RANK WAS AROUND 2 LAKH .CAN I GET LATERAL ENTRY INTO ANY OF THE TOP IP COLLEGES FOR 2 ND YEAR ON THE BASIS OF MY MARKS IN 1ST YEAR? IF NOT THEN WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR LATERAL ENTRY IN IP TOP COLLEGES
10th October 2010, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

I M DOING B.TECH 1ST YEAR FROM MD UNIVERSITY .MY AIEEE RANK WAS AROUND 2 LAKH .CAN I GET LATERAL ENTRY INTO ANY OF THE TOP IP COLLEGES FOR 2 ND YEAR ON THE BASIS OF MY MARKS IN 1ST YEAR? IF NOT THEN WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR LATERAL ENTRY IN IP TOP COLLEGES
23rd November 2010, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

is this is possible to change the college from deamed university to college like punjab engineering college by lateral entry?
24th November 2010, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Iam a student of I.T Final Year(Diploma),I need suggestions that is there any form for lateral entry(B.Tech) for ALL OVER INDIA,so that I can get a govt. college(regular) anywhere in India?????????????????
19th December 2010, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

am a diploma holder in computer enginering..can i give aieee exm for taking admission in 2nd year of btech
24th December 2010, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

sir currently m doing btech from PTU, i want to take admission in UPTU or IPU... m i eligible to take admission through lateral entry???
9th January 2011, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

can i get admission in chemical engg.through lateral entry
17th January 2011, 01:03 PM
rahuli

can you plz tell me about the course for diploma students..
i hv done diploma in computer engg so plz tell me the course for it. i will be very greatful to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder View Post
There is no lateral entry in AIEEE but there is in IP University.

But you can answer AIEEE since you will be eligible to do so. but you wont be admitted to 2nd year unlike IP where you will have to answer a test and if you clear it you can get direct 2nd year admission

So Cheers
30th March 2011, 06:10 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
The best way with higher sucess rate is to go through AIEEE.

For applying for AIEEE first of all you have to complete your Diploma engineering with at least 50% aggregate including all semester.

However,there is a special condition for the candidates you want to sit for AIEEE.Those in there final semester of Diploma can also apply,provided that they have to submit the prove of passing it before the Admission date after the councelling of AIEEE.

So,first of all complete your Diploma with good aggregate,prepare well for AIEEE because the syllabus for it is as same as of class 12 CBSE.
Thanks
7th June 2011, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=AMIT UPADHYAY;57421]sir i m currently doing diploma in electronics and communications engineering -2nd year. i want to do B.TECH. what should i do.. is der any lateral entry in AIEEE.or in IP..PLZZZ tel me the best possible way...i shuld be thankful 2 u....firsr complete ur diploma u failure
21st October 2011, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir/Madam,
I would request you to kindly advise me on how to go about further, below is my situation.

I have completed the 4 yrs Engineering Course in B.E(E&CE) between 2000-2004, however I have 2 backlog subjects (1 each from 4th & 5th sem) which I was unable to complete it even till now. Since my university no more is conducting any exams for this course I would like to know if I can take up the 2 backlog subjects from any other universities which is offering B.E courses in correspondence/distance mode and yet after completing those two subjects will I be eligible to get the degree in B.E. Also I would like to know if the subjects that I have already passed can they be exempted.

If any of the universities are providing such kind of facilities to continue the courses by taking the transfer (as in my case) requesting you to please advise the list of the universities and I would be very grateful to you.

Thanks
DK
25th October 2011, 11:44 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Sir,
Answers - How many seats for lateral entry in aieee? ... holder qualified in JEE (lateral entry) can take admission directly into third semester B.Tech. in relevant discipline through JEE counseling. ... IP Extension, Patparganj, ...
2nd December 2011, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

sir possible admission throught AIEEE as diploma course .
27th December 2011, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

a first year student pursuing B Tech from Mahamaya Technical University (MTU), Uttar Pradesh wants to migrtae to IP University, Delhi in second year.What is the procedure for that. Is there any exam for it. when is it held. Kindly help.
regards,
Poonam
28th March 2012, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

how we can crack leetentrance exam .sir please give me some tips for cracking leet exam.which is best colleges offered b.tech after diploma?
15th January 2014, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Paper for lateral entry
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?