8th February 2011, 10:26 AM
SRIDHAR03

M.E or MBA: Better career choice after B.E?

After finishing B.E which one is best to develop our carrier
either M.E (or)
M.B.A

1. Is doing MBA after M.com, a right career choice? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Good courses after completion of B.Com general? -- [New]
  3. Which course is a good choice for me between MBA and MA in Public Administration for better career opportunities?
  4. Which Discipline is a best choice for me in MBA course after completion of BBA being a candidate failed in Accounting?
  5. Which one is better course choice for B.com graduates - MBA in Finance or MS in Finance?
  6. Which is better choice for me between CS and MBA after the completion of Graduation?
  7. Is MAPC from Indra Gandhi National Open University a good choice for career?
  8. Is doing MBA after my B.E. in computer science and engineering a better career choice?
  9. Which is better after graduation between MCA and MBA?
  10. Between MBA and MC which is a better choice after completing degree in IT?
  11. Which course will be a better choice for me between Pharma MBA and M-Pharmacy after completion of B-Pharmacy? What will be the career scope for Pharma MBA? Will there be any Entrance Exam to join this course?
  12. What type of jobs are available for me after doing BCA?
  13. M.E or MBA: Better career choice after B.E?
  14. Can I work in IT sector after completion of MBA Finance? Is it a good choice for me?
  15. Which one is better between BBA and B.Com before joining MBA? Is MBA a right choice for me if I am interested in Marketing?
  16. Which course is a best choice for me between B.Tech and MBA?
  17. Job after completing BCA? Where can I get a high paid job?
  18. ME or MBA? after B.E-Biomedical Engineering? will the MBA- Hospital management in ramachandra medical university be a better choice?

8th February 2011, 12:43 PM
subhasish

Default Re: M.E or MBA: Better career choice after B.E?

Hello Friend
You can cot judge which one is better and which one is bad,I would say each has it's own importance so if you are talking about the ME then let me tell you that it is post graduate course after graduation where you can florish your technical knowledge.

And you can also get lots of job opportunities after holding M.E..this is basically a higher study over aparticular specializatio.

On the other side if you are talking about the MBA then it is a complete management course with several advantages.:
1.Increase of Managerial Skills

2.You can develop the business expertise

3.An MBA degree helps you in quickly climbing up the corporate ladder with a handsome salary package alongside a respectable designation.

So i would suggest you to go according to your ineterest.Best Wihes.

8th February 2011, 01:52 PM
jacqulinprincy

M.E is best after doing B.E, because u will be in the same feild of study like if u have done B.E in ECE and if u do M.E in ECE then it is best of ur studies ur career,scope of getting job of that Category will be good,u will get working skill also.
If u do MBA after completeing B.E,its also better not the best, but if doing MBA, u can get job vacancies in Banks, Colleges, Pvt. & Govt. Companies etc.

8th February 2011, 02:02 PM
maddusajj

hi...
both the mba and me have their own advantages and disadvantages ,
if you want to do mba its very good but best only if you do it from iims or other good colleges like xlri and fms,but after mba degree you may have to leave your area of expertise and may some time have to work in purely commercial companies ,
also its better to do mba after few years of experience,
were as m.e is concerned its purely an technical field and you will be in your area of interest,its better to do it from the best universities and write after the completion of your graduation

8th February 2011, 06:09 PM
Ankur agrawal

Hey ,

Very common question u ask i thing u should decide to go in which field
bcoz both are good
if u r intrested in mangement field to go in mba
and intrested in technology go to ME

bcoz u know urself in which field u feel comfort .....

8th February 2011, 06:33 PM
mohit brh

Both are professional course and have great scope but the have different field.
so there are no doubt that M.E. is better option for you because it has great scope and also it's your technical field.so if you are interested in this field than you should join.
but finally depends upon your interest.

8th February 2011, 06:36 PM

After Completing B.E Course, Its Totally depends On You, In Which Field You Have Interest Most. Both The Courses Are Good To Make Your Future Bright. But Its Totally Depends On Your Choice Also. So, I will Suggest You Just Choose According To Your Preference.

But As Per My Opinion, MBA Is Best Course, If You Can Do After Your BE, Because After Completing MBA after BE You will get Good Jobs In MNCs With Good Salary Pacakage.

And After MBA, You will Find Jobs In Management Field And You Will get Jobs Of Manager In Some Top Companies, MBA Is The Best Course And After Completing MBA You will Learn All the Management Principles. So, I will Suggest You Just Check Different Field Course, And After This Course You Will Definitely Get Good Jobs But Please Do this Course From Top B-Schools Only then You Will Get Good Jobs. So, I Think You Have to Go for MBA After B.E.

So, Think Properly And Choose Those Course, In Which You Have Great Interest.

8th February 2011, 06:55 PM
jits

It totally depends upon your interest.Both the courses are equally good when compared to each other.So,its really tough to decide which course will be better for you.

If your interested in exploring your core subjects of your respective branch then M.E will be the better option.In M.E you need to do specialization in one of your core subjects which you have studied in your B.E.So,its better to choose the subject which presently have the demand.

M.B.A is totally about Business Management.You have many courses in M.B.A like Finance,Human resource and other such related subjects.Hence in MBA you will have nothing related to your B.E subjects.Both the courses will be useful if you pursue the course in top Institutes.

GATE and CAT are the common entrance exams conducted for entrance in M.E and MBA courses.

8th February 2011, 07:29 PM
priety gupta

From my knowledge i Prefer MBA after BE. If you are planing to do ME in a top college then the situation is different. there is no good opportunities for ME students but BE+MBA has a lot of prospectus. If you are planing to do research then goto ME.

8th February 2011, 07:34 PM
vijaymohit92

both of them are very god option after B.TECH but it depend on you which you like more

8th February 2011, 07:35 PM
vijaymohit92

After Completing B.E Course, Its Totally depends On You, In Which Field You Have Interest Most. Both The Courses Are Good To Make Your Future Bright. But Its Totally Depends On Your Choice Also. So, I will Suggest You Just Choose According To Your Preference.

But As Per My Opinion, MBA Is Best Course, If You Can Do After Your BE, Because After Completing MBA after BE You will get Good Jobs In MNCs With Good Salary Pacakage.

And After MBA, You will Find Jobs In Management Field And You Will get Jobs Of Manager In Some Top Companies, MBA Is The Best Course And After Completing MBA You will Learn All the Management Principles. So, I will Suggest You Just Check Different Field Course, And After This Course You Will Definitely Get Good Jobs But Please Do this Course From Top B-Schools Only then You Will Get Good Jobs. So, I Think You Have to Go for MBA After B.E.

So, Think Properly And Choose Those Course, In Which You Have Great Interest.

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/m-e-mba-better-career-choice-after-b-e-83379.html#ixzz1DNNlkvt8

8th February 2011, 07:57 PM

After B.E M.E or M.B.A you should choice it according to your interest. two courses are totally different. one is study in management(MBA) and another is study in technical subject(M.E). job opportunity and scope are also totally different.

M.E- M.E is master of engineering. totally study on technical subject. now if you are technical very strong and if you have good subject knowledge in B.E then you may choose M.E as your further career option. after M.E you will get job in industry according to your stream. salary will be preferable. you may go also for research filed. scope and opportunity is very good.

MBA-MBA is master of business administration. it is study on management subject. after completion of MBA now job opportunity is very high. pay scale is much more than after completion of M.E. you have to work in management filed. there are so many branch in MBA you should choose good branch if you want to do MBA. if you do not like technical subject or you have lots of interest in management filed then you should choose MBA as your career option. after MBA you will earn lots of money than M.E.

now you should choose your career option own. i think it is better to try for both. appear in CAT and GATE examination both. now from where you will get good opportunity and also if you have interest then choose that option as your career option.

best wishes.

8th February 2011, 09:09 PM
mukul0094

Friend;
Both courses M.E and MBA are good and have a batter scope in future.
It is depend on you in which field your interest is more.
MBA- In this field you will be study about the Business Management and related course about business.
M.E - In this field you will be study about the Technology & science stream.
Now depend on you in which field your interest is more then you can take admission.

8th February 2011, 09:49 PM
shiraj

Well i feel that after the completion of your B.E you can take up M.E. as it will be related course for you by which you can do well and will be easy for you.You can study in depth.Even MBA is also a better course but it will be totally new for you.

8th February 2011, 10:51 PM
xavi

freind hi,

--M.E is best after doing B.E
--you can also get lots of job opportunities after holding M.E..this is basically a higher study over aparticular specializatio.

On the other side if you are talking about the MBA then it is a complete management course with several advantages.:
1.Increase of Managerial Skills

2.You can develop the business expertise

3.An MBA degree helps you in quickly climbing up the corporate ladder with a handsome salary package alongside a respectable designation.

8th February 2011, 11:48 PM
Somesh Goenka

What you want to do after completion of B.E. is totally dependent upon your interest.
As you know, M.E. is a PG course in engineering, while MBA is a PG course in Business administration.
In M.E. your field of work remains limited to technical, ie, you will only be able to go for technical related jobs.
While, MBA enhances your field of work, where apart from technical line, you can also go for administration related jobs
However, what you want to do is totally dependent upon you.
If ME is of you interest, then you must go for ME.
However, if you wish to do MBA, then I suggest that MBA is what you should do.

As per the current scenario, MBA is also in great demand as many aspirants try for MBA every year but only a few of them get a chance to fulfil their dream.
Also, one thing is sure, MBA will earn you a handsome salary from the very beginning, however, in ME you need to work hard to get the same status.
But talking about jib security, ME is far better than MBA any day

So finally decision is yours.
You should ask your parents and lecturers for guidance! They can better help you knowing you more than me!

Good Luck and take a wise decision!

9th February 2011, 08:34 PM
vijaymohit92

You can cot judge which one is better and which one is bad,I would say each has it's own importance so if you are talking about the ME then let me tell you that it is post graduate course after graduation where you can florish your technical knowledge.

Read more here: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/m-e-mba-better-career-choice-after-b-e-83379.html#ixzz1DTTCsSS6

15th February 2011, 09:22 PM
pops07

why mba????
go for ME....
it is your field....and you will be more stronger in your field.

15th February 2011, 10:49 PM
aryabhatta

dear

both of them are very diversified field you have to choose very wisely

if you have a sound knowledge of your domain and want to do research work

then you can go for M.E

but if your interest is in marketing and management then opt for MBA that will

certainly suit you

19th March 2011, 10:18 PM

i want to do postgraduate in biomedical engineering in prestigious institution in tamilnadu.....
which would be the best? and i am also interested to pursue research relating to this field.............guide me yaaaaaaaaa.

21st March 2011, 07:37 AM
saswat1989

both are good to do after a B.E. but go for one which suits you the best.
MBA is a management program for developing your managerial skills while M.E deals with learning more technical skills .
If you have got bored by your B.E studies then MBA is a good option to change the track but by M.E you can add more to your technical skills.So get sure of what you exactly want and go for it.

21st March 2011, 07:44 AM
saswat1989

both are good to do after a B.E. but go for one which suits you the best.
MBA is a management program for developing your managerial skills while M.E deals with learning more technical skills .
If you have got bored by your B.E studies then MBA is a good option to change the track but by M.E you can add more to your technical skills.So get sure of what you exactly want and go for it.

14th April 2011, 01:02 PM

hi 2 all
actually i ve completed BE mechanical and ive planned 2 study MBA in business schools is my decision is rite r not pls i really confused during short period i couldnt choose rite path help me in tat........ guide me....... mail 2 my id is [email protected]

4th May 2011, 04:58 PM

hi budy,
after completion of graduate mba is go for an industry side me is go for an research as well as teaching side..,
so,thing better do best.,

14th May 2011, 02:18 AM

its not at all a matter of choosing m.e or mba...............whatever it may be ur going to earn good........... it depends upon ur wish....... if u feel bored in b.e. or u hate the teaching profession(technically).......u can go for mba.......if u want to be technically skilled go for m.e. ...............whatever u decide go for it strongly..............

14th May 2011, 08:45 PM
nikhilmi

Question Re: M.E or MBA: Better career choice after B.E?

This is one such question,which has haunted a many Engineering graduates who prefer higher studies.

M.E/M.Tech- If you are really interested in your core subjects and want to have more of it,want to go deeper into it,then of course you can go ahead with it.But just taking addmisson in any ordinary college for your M.Tech might not help you much both in terms of going deeper,learning more of your subjects and having some great job of your choice in core field.
But if you are looking forward to teaching as your goal,then it will help.

I would suggest you to take the GATE and secure good rank as it will help you in getting some reputed college,if it is the IITS/NITs then it would be much better and it will also help you in getting some job of your choice in some very reputed company and help you earn better too.

MBA- If you are interested in some financial,management job then MBA will be better,but again here the same case applies too,i,e if you pass it from reputed management institute then it would be much better or else it might not be that helpful for your future.

So the choice is yours where your interests are?think it out number of times carefully and based on your interests,take the decision.

Good Luck.

14th May 2011, 10:10 PM
NAVEEN470

provide best M tech distance college in electronics &communication feild................

14th May 2011, 10:12 PM
NAVEEN470

embedded system course best institute in Bangalore college website& address..

14th May 2011, 10:14 PM
NAVEEN470

embedded course best institute in Bangalore college website & address details provide me ..

14th May 2011, 10:21 PM
NAVEEN470

EVERY YEAR WHEN/which month DID RELEASE BSNL NOTIFICATION FOR Assist ENGINEER POST..........

14th May 2011, 10:24 PM
NAVEEN470

The resistance of 200 m. long circular copper wire is 21Ω.If its thickness is 0.44mm,What is the
resistivity(ohm-m) of the copper is...................

14th May 2011, 10:25 PM
NAVEEN470

Explain the term frequency response.

8th June 2011, 05:45 PM
sourindra

I think you should go for M.E. Because M.E is better option after completing your B.E course.

11th June 2011, 04:31 PM
SUMITRA_M

Dear both are the good courses. But do that course in which you are interested and you can cover the course because both the fields have best job opportunities for good trainees.

28th June 2011, 12:01 PM

i ve scored 23.28 in ME,and i belongs 2 OBC christian adidravida..will i get good coll r not

3rd August 2011, 08:01 AM

hi friends it is better to do m.e after b.e becoz if u finished m.e u can go to lecturer wer u can get 20thousand salary in starting and mba is a waste becoz many bca bba b.com students are doing then y should u go to b.e to study mba , then u have to choose m.e it is the best and u should study tat course in srm vit lik deemed university where they provide job opppurtunities so dont be confused by above comments better way is to go m.e im also confused after my b.e then i have consulted wit many mba friends they too say to join m.e so its ur wish

3rd August 2011, 12:30 PM

PORNIMA
hi, i wanted to knw why do BE students usually opt for MBA. As seen in NMIMS, a top B school of Mumbai there are 60% BE....

13th August 2011, 09:26 PM
btcs11

hi friend
the choice depends on your future plans. according to me the best career choice among MBA and ME is MBA.

MBA: MBA has great value if you do in institute like IIMs. you can write CAT exam for MBA admission.
M.Tech: M.Tech is also good course when you do in good institute. you can write GATE exam for M.Tech admission in top institutes like IIT.

upon completion of BE work for few years and then choose MBA so when you complete your MBA degree you will be a postgraduate with experience which ll fetch you good job. MBA graduates get high pay jobs when compare to ME graduates. so i would suggest you to do MBA.

choose wisely. wish you successful career

15th August 2011, 12:15 AM
ammajii

After B.E M.E or M.B.A you should choice it according to your interest. two courses are totally different. one is study in management(MBA) and another is study in technical subject(M.E). job opportunity and scope are also totally different.

M.E- M.E is master of engineering. totally study on technical subject. now if you are technical very strong and if you have good subject knowledge in B.E then you may choose M.E as your further career option. after M.E you will get job in industry according to your stream. salary will be preferable. you may go also for research filed. scope and opportunity is very good.

MBA-MBA is master of business administration. it is study on management subject. after completion of MBA now job opportunity is very high. pay scale is much more than after completion of M.E. you have to work in management filed. there are so many branch in MBA you should choose good branch if you want to do MBA. if you do not like technical subject or you have lots of interest in management filed then you should choose MBA as your career option. after MBA you will earn lots of money than M.E.

now you should choose your career option own. i think it is better to try for both. appear in CAT and GATE examination both. now from where you will get good opportunity and also if you have interest then choose that option as your career option.

15th August 2011, 12:18 AM
ammajii

20th October 2011, 12:06 AM

Mba is the best if u do mba frm vvv gud clg avg salary us 70 to 80 lacs n frm me its hardly 17 to 18 lacs

31st January 2012, 02:58 PM

i had completed my BE engg.But i much interested in making films.is there any course available related to film making after be.

3rd February 2012, 12:34 PM

MBA is the Bessssssst...........If IT fields suffers a recession then these ME's will be getting affected...But BE MBA's can survive this situation....No companies call the ME students seperately...90% of the companies fix BE also in their eligiblity criteria but some companies dont prefer ME's....and only 2k or 3k will be varying in their salary between BE and ME candidates...So dont waste your two years by studying ME :) study MBA or else go to a job with your BE degree...2 years experience will make you higher in both knowledge and salary than a ME candidate :)

26th March 2012, 04:36 PM

Hi All,

This is one of the most difficult question for a B.E student.. Both has advantages and disadvantages. However, M.B.A is slightly better because of the higher salary offered than M.E. Most of them here have already explained about the courses, contents and their value. So its your option to choose the necessary course. If you wish to go technical, choose M.E and if you prefer management course, opt for M.E. Go the latter, you can become a lecturer wit a less salary and in the former you can become a manager with a higher salary. I'd ask you to choose M.B.A because if you had studied B.E well, then you would be working in an MNC. So, it's logical that you are poor in technical field. Hence it's better to study M.B.A and get handsome salary. I hope this clears all.

Thanks and Regards,
Raghunath R

27th March 2012, 06:55 PM

Sir I am doing B.E Mechanical now I searching for my higher studies I have confused whether M.E or MBA...
Reply me sir..

17th June 2012, 03:00 PM

sir i had finish my BE in CIVIL , NOW i wants to do PG , ME or MBA in (CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT) which is better?????????
PLEASE REPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!

6th July 2012, 02:47 PM

I am doing BE (IT) so wat is the best course MBA or ME ????

24th June 2013, 02:33 PM

sir ,
i completed BE (mechanical)with 65% ...i confused which is best MBA OR ME PLZ REPLY

29th November 2013, 08:06 PM
Rishu kumar shukla

Wink Re: M.E or MBA: Better career choice after B.E?

Originally Posted by SRIDHAR03 View Post
After finishing B.E which one is best to develop our carrier
either M.E (or)
M.B.A
i think you should do M.E.

22nd March 2022, 01:52 PM

Yes I have doubt I completed in BE now iam interested in PG so.. I need ur intension in Which ine is better to take ME OR MBA