14th July 2015, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

M.Sc or MBA which one is career oriented course?

I have completed B.sc. chemistry in 2009. Now I have a planning for further study. Which course is career oriented? Is it MBA OR MSC?

14th July 2015, 06:27 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: M.Sc or MBA which one is career oriented course?

I would suggest you to go for M.Sc. in chemistry, rather than MBA. Since you have done B.Sc. in chemistry, there are not many MBA streams which match your graduation stream. So as a result, if you take MBA in any available stream, you would feel uncomfortable after some time. You will feel out of place. Sooner or later you would wish to leave the course.
Let me tell you MBA is very costly. Even the distance education programs take minimum 2-4 lacs for the entire course. You cannot afford to waste so much money on a genre that does not bring mental satisfaction to you. In fact, if you do Master of Science right after M.Sc., then you can apply for jobs which are in abroad. So go ahead with M.Sc. in chemistry.
14th July 2015, 06:54 PM
Mohit.Bansal

MSC and MBA are totally different fields.

MSC stands for Masters in Science.

MBA stands for Masters in Business Administration.

For MBA you have to write CAT(Common Admission Test) exam.

From Career point of view MBA is best option. After completing MBA you will get minimum 6 to 7 Lakh per annum salary package.
14th July 2015, 08:14 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You should pursue your further studies in MBA as because after completing you will get job directly. But if you do M.Sc then you have to first crack competitive exams then you will get jobs. And with MBA course you will get job directly. So MBA is better option which you should choose.
14th July 2015, 08:38 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

MBA stands for the Master of Business Administration. M.Sc is the master of science. As compared to Master of science, definitely Master of Business Administration has more career and job opportunities.

There are several exams conducted to get into MBA like:

Common Admission Test: For this exam, you must have minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree.

Management Aptitude Test.

Xavier's Aptitude test and many more.

There are many streams in which you can do MBA like finance, marketing etc. If you want to do MBA from top institutes like IIM, you need to clear CAT with good percentile.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?