28th March 2020, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

Is Mathematics compulsory to get admission in NIFT?

I have completed my class 12th with PCB and I want to join NIFT. Is Mathematics necessary for NIFT? I want some details about NIFT like admission criteria and entrance requirements? If Mathematics is necessary then in which branch I can join without Mathematics?

31st March 2020, 01:56 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is Mathematics compulsory to get admission in NIFT?

No, it is not necessary to have Mathematics as a main subject during higher secondary school degree course in order to be eligible for admissions in NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) to pursue undergraduate degree courses in designing except in the case of Bachelor of Fashion Technology degree course for which Mathematics and and Physics are compulsory in Class 12th.

Apart from the educational qualification, your age need to lie under 23 years (or 28 years in case of SC/ST/PwBD category candidates) for seeking admission in NIFT for pursuing degree course in designing.

For complete details regarding NIFT admissions, you can refer to the link www.nift.ac.in.
31st March 2020, 03:33 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not compulsory to have Mathematics in std 12th to get admission in NIFT.

You are eligible to get admission in B.Des course without having mathematics as main paper.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination for admission in the course.

For more information visit at www.nift.ac.in.
31st March 2020, 06:16 PM
SaptarshiDutta04

Mathematics is not compulsory for Bachelor's degree in Fashion Designing. Students of any discipline can apply for NIFT exam for admission in B. Des course. Arts stream candidates are eligible for Fashion designing at NIFT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?