9th August 2015, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Is Mathematics compulsory for doing NIFT Course??

Hello sir/mam,

I am a student of commerce. I am in a 11th std but I have not taken Maths. But I really want to do the course of nift. Is it possible?

Related Questions:
  1. Can a student take admission in NIFT Delhi after 12th? What's the syllabus and cut off marks for the same?
  2. Is it compulsory to have a bachelors degree to pursue MSc in Mathematics?
  3. Final year student of BE eligible for fashion technology? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is Mathematics as a subject necessary to clarify NIFT examination
  5. Am I eligible for NIFT after completing 1 year diploma in IIFT? Is diploma of minimum 3 years compulsory?
  6. Is Maths compulsory to get into NIFT? I have just entered 12th with science stream
  7. How to get admission in NIFT entrance exam? Names of the books for NIFT exam?
  8. Should I take MCA or MSc IT? I am a B.Com graduate
  9. What is the syllabus for the entrance exam of NIFT? How to take admission in NIFT? How much marks are needed to take admission in NIFT Delhi and NIFT Bangalore
  10. What are my chances of getting into NIFT Mdes
  11. Books to be referred for NIFT exam? How to start my NIFT preparation?
  12. Is mathematics compulsory to include in top four subjects(like English) while calculating aggregate required in St. Xavier College,Kolkata? I've mathematics in class 12th in ISC board
  13. Is Mathematics a compulsory paper in ICWAI course? Exact syllabus of Mathematics in Intermediate and Final?
  14. Can a student of non mathematics get admission in NIFT?
  15. Eligibility to join for NIFT? Can a 10th passed student do NIFT? Minimum eligibility to give NIFT exam?
  16. What is the syllabus of NIFT? How should I prepare for NIFT exam?
  17. What is the age required for IIT JEE entrance exam?
  18. Can I opt for BCA without mathematics? Is it compulsory to pass PCB?
10th August 2015, 01:06 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Mathematics compulsory for doing NIFT Course??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir/mam,

I am a student of commerce. I am in a 11th std but I have not taken Maths. But I really want to do the course of nift. Is it possible?
Yes you can do Bachelor in Design (Fashion Design, Leather Design, Accessory Design, Textile Design, Knitwear Design, and Fashion Communication) after completing 12th standard in commerce stream.

The eligibility is 10+2 with 50% of marks from a recognized board, which is approved by Central/State Board. The upper age limit is 23 years.

You must appear and qualify in the entrance exam in order to get admission. After clearing the entrance exam one will get a seat in NIFT. It’s a prestigious institution. Branches in many cities in India like Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, New Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Gandhinagar etc.

Official website - www.nift.ac.in
10th August 2015, 10:36 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, mathematics is not compulsory for doing NIFT course.

There are two course that you can pursue after 12th that are B.Des. and B.F.Tech.

Without mathematics you are not eligible for B.F.Tech but you can pursue B.Des. from NIFT.
10th August 2015, 09:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Any stream 10 2 candidates who have passed their exams from a recognized board of education are eligible for the entrance exam. Hence, you shouldn't worry because there is no mention of maths as compulsory subject.

Therefore, you should start your preparation without worrying about anything. You are definitely eligible for the exam for bachelor course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?