3rd December 2011, 11:58 AM
pankaj banerjee

Maximum age limit for Ex-Serviceman to appear in Bank PO exam? Which banks are providing relaxation?

what is the max age limit for ex serviceman to appear in bank PO exam,some says it is upto 50 yr,if it is ok then which banks are giving that relaxation?

4th June 2012, 07:59 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Maximum age limit for Ex-Serviceman to appear in Bank PO exam? Which banks are providing relaxation?

What is maximum age limit for ex serviceman and what is minimum qualification for clerical exam for ex serviceman?
29th September 2012, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Arrow Re: Maximum age limit for Ex-Serviceman to appear in Bank PO exam? Which banks are providing relaxation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj banerjee View Post
what is the max age limit for ex serviceman to appear in bank PO exam,some says it is upto 50 yr,if it is ok then which banks are giving that relaxation?
Age limit for PO and clerk exam appearing by ex-serviceman
3rd December 2012, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Maximum age limit for Ex-Serviceman to appear in Bank PO exam? Which banks are providing relaxation?

good evening sir,
i am retired from army last year mar 2011. my date of birth is 3.3.1962. my trade was tech. of tele communications. now i want to join in govt job in himachal pradesh in bank as aclerk or any other job . my contact no is 08627908473.
25th January 2013, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

iam an ex service man. my qualification is 10th and also have completed DME in ELLIM university. my age is 34.BC am i eligible to write the bank clerical exam
25th January 2013, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

I am serving in Army and completed 19 years service. I want to Join Bank. Pl advise me.
26th January 2013, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I'm please to inform you that though the upper age limit for appearing in bank PO exam is 35 years,yet mostly all govt. banks provide a relaxation for SCs ,STs and EX-Servicemen accordingly.it varies from 2 to 5 years with the banks.You can visit the particular bank's site to check out the detailed advertisement and i suggest keep reffering to www.ibps.in for more information.Recently SBI has come up with 1500 vacancies for PO ,so you can apply for the same if you are eligible.
hope it will help.
26th January 2013, 05:04 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj banerjee View Post
Now a days there is a common written exam conducted for getting jobs in Banking sectors.This exam is IBPS Clerk/PO Exam.

Eligibility required for appearing in this exam :-

Educational qualification :- You should be Graduation pass out in ay stream from recognized university.

Age :- Minimum age required is 18 years and should not be above 28 years.

Age Relaxation for EX-Serviceman :- 5 years.

Marks :- Your minimum marks in Graduation should be 60%.

There are various banks with take participation in this exam.Thus the list of Banks which accepts are :-
26th January 2013, 09:29 PM
aman1257

Thumbs up Re: Maximum age limit for Ex-Serviceman to appear in Bank PO exam? Which banks are providing relaxation?

Eligibility Criteria

All Banks will stipulate their own eligibility/ qualifying criteria. However merely applying for CWE appearing for the examination does not imply that a candidate will necessarily be eligible for employment in all or any of the 19 Public Sector Banks.
For CWE
Please note that the eligibility criteria specified is the basic criteria for applying to various Public Sector Banks. Prospective Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the specified eligibility criteria before applying for the Common Written Examination (CWE):
Nationality / Citizenship:

A candidate must be either
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Minimum: 20 Years
Maximum: 30 Years
The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates. Relaxation of Upper age limit
Sr. No Category Age of Relaxation
1 Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe 5 years
2 Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) 3 years
3 Persons With Disabilities 10 years
4 Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within the stipulated time) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment 5 years
5 Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 5 years
6 Persons affected by 1984 riots 5 years
7 Persons who have completed 5 years of service in RRBs 5 years
A candidate must be either
(i) In case of a candidate who is eligible for relaxation under more than one of the above categories the age relaxation will be available on a cumulative basis with any one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted as mentioned above.
(ii) Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of Interview conducted by a particular Bank, if called by the Bank

NOTE:
(1) Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group 'C' & 'D' will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex-Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade or cadre in Group 'C'/ 'D' under the Central Government. However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation for Ex-Servicemen in Central Government jobs.
Definition of Persons with Disabilities
  • Under Section 33 of the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act 1995 only such persons would be eligible for reservation who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability and are certified by a Medical Board appointed by the Central/State Govt.
  • Accordingly, candidates with the following disabilities are eligible to apply. Applicants claiming such benefits should produce certificate in original in support of their claim at the time of Interview conducted by a particular Bank, if called by the Bank
  • Visually Impaired (VI)
  • Blindness refers to condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely
  • Total absence of sight,
  • Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or20/200 (swollen) in the better eye with correcting lenses.
  • Limitation of the field ofvision subtending in angle of 20 degrees or worse. Low vision means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive connection but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning of execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
  • Deaf & Hearing Impaired (HI)
  • The deaf are those persons in whom the sense of hearing is non- functional for ordinary purposes of life i.e. total loss of hearing in both ears. They do not hear, understand sounds at all even with amplified speech. Hearing impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
  • Orthopaedically Challenged (OC)
  • Locomotor Disability means disability of bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
  • Cerebral Palsy means a group of non-progressive conditions of person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre-natal, peri-natal or infant period of development. All the cases of Orthopaedically Challenged Persons would be covered under the category of 'Locomotor disability or cerebral palsy'.
  • Guidelines for Persons with Disabilities using a Scribe:
  • The visually impaired candidates and candidates whose writing speed is affected by cerebral palsy can use their own scribe at their cost during the written examination. In all such cases where a scribe is used, the following rules will apply
  • The candidate will have to arrange his own scribe at his/her own cost. The academic qualification of the scribe should be one grade lower than the stipulated criteria.
  • The scribe should posses lesser marks than the candidates and not more than 60% marks in his/her own academic stream. The scribe may be from any academic stream.
  • Both the candidates as well as scribes will have to give a suitable undertaking confirming that the scribe fulfils all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe mentioned above. Further in case it later transpires that he/she did not fulfill any laid down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the result of the written examination.
  • Such candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for extra time of 20 minutes for every hour of the examination.
27th January 2013, 12:25 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
in general, for giving the IBPS PO exam, your age should be in between 21-328 years of age. But as you belong to the ex servicemen quota, a further relaxation of 5 years is been given to you.
And the educational criiteria for the PO exam is that you should be a graduate and you should be having an aggregate of 65% marks In your graduation. But for the ex servicemen candidates, the minimum aggregate marks required are 60%.
For more details, you can visit the official website
www.ibps,in
gud luck
27th January 2013, 12:27 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
in general, for giving the IBPS PO exam, your age should be in between 21-328 years of age. But as you belong to the ex servicemen quota, a further relaxation of 5 years is been given to you.
And the educational criiteria for the PO exam is that you should be a graduate and you should be having an aggregate of 65% marks In your graduation. But for the ex servicemen candidates, the minimum aggregate marks required are 60%.
For more details, you can visit the official website
www.ibps,in
gud luck
22nd February 2013, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

what is the maximum age limit for ex-servicemen to apply for Bank PO Exam
26th February 2013, 01:04 AM
kalamandir

hi,,,,,,

Maximum age limit for Ex-Serviceman to appear in Bank PO exam

Eligibility required for appearing in this exam

1.Age- Minimum age required is 18 years and should not be above 28 years.

2.Educational qualification- You should be Graduation pass out in ay stream from recognized university.

3.Age Relaxation for EX-Serviceman- 5 years.

4.Marks- Your minimum marks in Graduation should be 60%.

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
26th June 2013, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

i am serving in indian army i want to age limits of exserviceman for si posts in andhra pradesh

[email protected]
18th January 2017, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Maximum age limit for Ex-Serviceman to appear in Bank PO exam? Which banks are providing relaxation?
26th January 2017, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

If an ex serviceman retires at the age of 38 years will he be eligible to appear for Bank PO EXAMINATION sir ...my contact number is 8954014543
13th February 2017, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/mam My DOB is 20-03-1979, I am retired from Indian Army. Is it am applicable for apply to the post of bank PO. Or what is age calculation procedure as sbi authority giving 5 yrs age relaxation. Please intimate me my email is [email protected] nd tele no is 9465027279. I Sall be ever great full for intimation of the same.
18th February 2017, 09:41 PM
Vijay77640

Sir I am an ex-serviceman and completed 17 years and 9 months and my DOB is 01/03/1981.Can I apply SBI
PO
14th March 2017, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Maximum age and maximum qualification for ex service man in bank po and clerk exam
28th March 2017, 02:40 AM
Unregistered

My DOB is 05dec1982.my question is that can I apply Ibps po exam in this year.
6th September 2017, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is Brijesh Kumar Tiwari. My present age is 37 years old. My qualifications is graduate. Sir I'm ex service man for Indian army. Is it am applicable for apply to the bank PO. My email address is [email protected] and my mob number is 7355643805.thankyou sir reply me
20th November 2019, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

What is age calculation of ex servicemen for bank jobs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?