12th April 2015, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

MBBS can be done after GNM? What shall I do to make it possible?

Sir am want to do mbbs after gnm it is possible or not ? If not then what shall i do to make it possible?

13th April 2015, 04:40 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: MBBS can be done after GNM? What shall I do to make it possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir am want to do mbbs after gnm it is possible or not ? If not then what shall i do to make it possible?

MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. Candidates should possess certain eligibility criteria to apply for MBBS course. Like in terms of age and qualification, you should find yourself eligible before applying for MBBS entrance exam or course.

Applicants must have attained 17 years on or before 31st of December of the year of admission and he must have passed or appearing for the equivalent qualifying examination.

Candidates those who are appearing for compartment exams are not eligible for admission. Candidate should have pass 10+2 higher secondary examination after a period of 12 years of study. You should have taken a study which comprises of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics with English based on NCERT course.

In English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology you must have obtained 60% of aggregate if you a General candidate, its 50% if you are SC/ST candidate.

Talking about your case, yes you are definitely eligible for pursing MBBS after completing GNM i.e. General Nursing and Midwifery course. Let’s discuss on how you can apply for MBBS course, candidates who are more than 50% for SC and 60% for General in PCB with English as a subject are eligible. You need to appear for CET and AIMEE i.e. Medical entrance examination. Applicants needs to appear for All India Pre medical entrance test for admission to 15% of total seats for medical and dental in all medical colleges.
13th April 2015, 10:56 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: MBBS can be done after GNM? What shall I do to make it possible?

Well MBBS is an undergraduate course which one can pursue anytime but as far as I know you have to have a science background and give and entrance exam in physics, chemistry and biology. So, you can't do it immediately after gnm since you are from an arts background.

There may be one thing you can do, appear for NIOS on demand exam for the 3 subjects earlier mentioned (One of my friends is going to appear for the physics exam which he needs for pilot training and he is from a commerce background, so that's how i know about this). If you are able to register for it, you can start studying. you'll need a good year to complete studying since you'll have to start from scratch. Once your done with that appear for the medical entrance and go for mbbs.

I think the maximum age criteria for applying in medicine is 25.
5th November 2019, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

If I have don't PCB in 12th class but I completed my GNM course . Can I steel do MBBS
15th November 2019, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

If i have completed gnm without pcb subjects. Can i do MBBS yes or no please reply
6th August 2020, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

am 21 years old . and am a gnm 2nd year student.can I do mbbs after GNM?
7th August 2020, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

I have completed MDEMS AFTER GNM CAN APPLY FOR MBBBS STUDY
25th September 2020, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

What to do I need after gnm mbbs
26th September 2020, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

I want to ask...I am a student of arts and I. Submit for GNM can apply for MBBS after GNM or b.sc nursing?
27th September 2020, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Can i do MBBS after GNM ? I am have pass 12th in arts subject
29th September 2020, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Can i do MBBS after GNM nursing ? I have passed 12th in arts subject
27th March 2021, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Hello mam or sir, I want to on suggestions that I have done GNM course in 2015 and after this I have experience of staff nurse but now I want to do MBBS ,so please tell me MBBS can do after completing GNM course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?