27th February 2011, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

Which medical exam do I have to appear between KCET and COMEDK?

i am studying b.ip.c group in +12,i am preparing fo medical entranceexams which exam i have to write to get medical seat in karnataka kcet or comdek

Related Questions:
  1. After completing 10th and 12th from AP am I eligible for KCET and COMEDK? I want to take admission for engineering after studying PCM
  2. How many subjects are there in Intermediate course? How many entrance exams to be answered?
  3. Can I discontinue BME and join Medicine in 2016 after qualifying COMEDK 2016?
  4. What to study after 12th PCB to earn high salary?
  5. Can I get a medical seat after scoring 16638 in COMEDK?
  6. After doing a year course in any engineering college can I take KCET 2016 and opt for Medical?
  7. Will I be eligible to write KCET this year if I was born in Karnataka and have completed more than 7 years of education in Karnataka? What is the eligibility criteria for COMEDK exam?
  8. Can I reappear in KCET 2015 as second attempt?
  9. Can engineering student write KCET 2015 as second attempt?
  10. Chances of getting a Medical seat after 72 marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in KCET exam? What is the cut-off? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. My COMEDK 2015 marks are enough for admission or should I try for COMEDK 2016?
  12. What is the complete fee structure of COMEDK medical exam? Which are the best colleges under COMEDK?
  13. Will I get MBBS seat in any medical college under COMEDK after scoring 76 marks in COMEDK
  14. Details of COMEDK MBBS course and fee structure of colleges?
  15. Scholarships available through COMEDK Medical entrance exam? -- [New]
  16. What is the eligibility for COMEDK?
  17. With a rank of 6739 in KCET can I get medical seat in Government Medical College?
  18. B.Tech student can attempt KCET 2016 to get admission in Medical courses?
4th August 2011, 10:45 PM
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which medical exam do I have to appear between KCET and COMEDK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am studying b.ip.c group in +12,i am preparing fo medical entranceexams which exam i have to write to get medical seat in karnataka kcet or comdek
CET

◙ CET ( Common Entrance Test ) Or K-Cet ( Karnataka Common Entrance Test ) is Conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority( KEA ) for admission to Medical and Dental, Indian Systems of Medicine & Homoeopathy and Engineering Technology course .

◙ This will be conducted for filling up seats under Government Quota in Government / Government Aided and selected private professional Colleges.

◙ KEA Conducts this Entrance Exam For the Students of Karnataka In the Government Quouta With Resonable Fee Structre.

◙ Website: www.kea.kar.nic.in

Who Can Apply:

► Any resident of Karnataka ( Who come under Local ) is eligible for K-Cet.

► FOr Detailed Information on Clauses Visit the Official Website( mentioned above) or CLICK HERE

COMEDK

◙ COMEDK (Consortium Of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka ) is an Exam Conducted under the name UGET Course (For Undergraduates ) every year Privately.

◙ This Exam Is Conducted to accomodate Students in the Private Qouta in the Purely Privately Run Colleges.

◙ The Fee Structure For this Course is much Heavy compared to CET.

Who Can Apply:

► Stundents From All Over India Can Apply For this Exam ( Infact it is Specially Meant for them )

► For Detailed Information Check out the Official Website: www.comedk.org

► And For the Ongoing Counselling Schedules: http://www.comedk.org/UGET/UGET_counseling.htm

Still Confused???

Okay!!! Let me Put it in a Glance :

Seats in Colleges of Karnataka ( Govt./ Private ) are broadly divided into:

♦ Government
♦ Private
♦ Management

The government of Karnataka has provided

¶ 35% seats for COMED-K.,

¶ 45% seats for C.E.T

¶ 5% are minority seats for physically disabled and SC,ST & OBC.

¶ The remaining seats(15%) are management+NRI quota seats. These seats have Higher fees which is decided by management itself.
In NRI seats the fees has to be paid in ($).,the figure depends on decision made by the Management

Regards,

Nik
11th December 2011, 07:43 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which medical exam do I have to appear between KCET and COMEDK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI,
If you want to take admissions in private in private medical college then you can apply in COMED-K.
But for Govt. medical college you have to apply in KARNATAKA-CET exam.
After qualifying any above one exam exam you will get seat in KARNATAKA state only.

all the best!
26th February 2012, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

is there kcet for non karnatakan's
16th July 2014, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

I am working in HAL Public sector undertaking under Ministry of defence for last two yrs in Bangalore. My daughter is studying in 11th std in one bangalore school under CBSE board. Can she appear K-CET in 2016 ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?