11th January 2012, 09:52 PM
beauty paul

Minimum cutoff to pursue M.Tech from ECE under OBC category? Procedure for direct admission in IITs?

what is the min. cut off to persue m.tech from e.e background with a reservation of OBC? and also about the direct admission procedure in iits?

24th January 2012, 04:50 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum cutoff to pursue M.Tech from ECE under OBC category? Procedure for direct admission in IITs?

hi..if you want to take admission in the Indian institute of technologies then there is no other way and you have to have an gate score,only then can you get admission in the Indian institute of technologies unless you are an sponsored student by some company like Larsen and Toubro limited .
to get an admission in the iits in the mtech score you should have an rank of below 500 even if you are an obc candidate because the competition is huge and there is very less number of seats ,
also you have to do really well in the interview conducted by some of the Indian institute of technologies ,other than these there is also the Indian institute of sciences , Bangalore which is in fact even better than the Indian institute of technologies for the mtech course ,
the best colleges from where you should do the mtech course in the country are as follows :
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCES, BANGALORE
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY KANPUR
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY KHARAGPUR
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY DELHI
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY MADRAS
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY GUWAHATI
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY ROORKEE
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY BOMBAY

i am also attaching the gate brochure so that you have the complete knowledge about the gate examination
Attached Files
File Type: pdf gate brochure.pdf(444.7 KB, 112 views)
24th January 2012, 06:33 PM
Mechanical Rai

Default Re: Minimum cutoff to pursue M.Tech from ECE under OBC category? Procedure for direct admission in IITs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty paul View Post
what is the min. cut off to persue m.tech from e.e background with a reservation of OBC? and also about the direct admission procedure in iits?
there is no way though which you can get admission in iits directly.
for admission in m.tech in iits you have to clear gate exam. which is conducted every year. this year iit delhi is conducting exams.
for more details about gate you can visit.
www.iitk.ac.in/gate
gate cut off score for iit kanpur was minimum 600 last year.
It is not necessary that if you have lower GATE score, then you will not be called for interview and written test.
15th March 2012, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

sir i got gate score 254 and all india rank is 39325 wil i get seat in good college? can u suggest me some good colleges
15th March 2012, 05:41 PM
iGenius

if you want admission in IIT then you have to qualify the cutoff of GATE exam which is conducted every year.But direct admission is not possible.\
All the best
15th March 2012, 05:43 PM
iGenius

if you want admission in IIT then you have to qualify the cutoff of GATE exam which is conducted every year.But direct admission is not possible.\
All the best
17th March 2012, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

is it requires to agreegate first class in B.E to get the addmision in iit for obc stud? &wht minimum gate score for iit?
17th March 2012, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary to aggregate first class in B.E of obc category stud for m.tec course in iit, nit? &wht min. gate score?
28th March 2012, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 287 in gate 2012 can i take adm in any nit in sc category
15th April 2012, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

sir im shahrukh i get 144 marks in iit 2012 under obc minority is i expect any rank in iit
18th April 2013, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

sir , I got 24.63 marks in gate ee 2013 with obc. is there any chance to get govt college??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?