2nd September 2012, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to get 30% in all the subjects in CPT?

is this necessary to get 30% in all subjects in cpt..please tell me

20th March 2013, 09:41 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it necessary to get 30% in all the subjects in CPT?

Common Proficiency Test (CPT)

Common Proficiency Test is an entry level test for Chartered Accountancy Course. CPT is generally conducted twice a year i.e. in the months of June and December.

A student who has passed the 10th standard examination conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto may register for Common Proficiency Test. A student who registers to CPT course on or before 1st April will be eligible to appear in June and who registers on or before 1st October will be eligible to appear in December who should have already passed/appeared in 12th class examination or its equivalent. Students who have appeared in the 10+2 examination and are awaiting results may also appear in the CPT. The registration for CPT Course is valid for a period of 3 years from the date the student becomes eligible to appear in CPT exam for the first time or for the period so long the student continues to appear in the examination regularly whichever is later.

CPT is a test comprising of four subjects; i.e., Fundamentals of Accounting, Mercantile Laws, General Economics and Quantitative Aptitude. The test is of 200 marks. The test is conducted in two sessions i.e. Morning and Afternoon of two hours each.

The qualifying marks to pass CPT are 50%. A candidate has to secure 100 marks in the aggregate of all sections comprised in CPT and minimum 30% marks in each subject . A student has to remember that CPT is an objective type test and there will be negative marking for each wrong answer. ¼ (One Fourth) mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?