2nd December 2010, 10:45 PM
vinay10868

Need details about Energy Manager exam?

I am diploma holder in electrical and working as sectional officer ( field engineer ) in electricity distribution. I want details about energy manger exam i.e. qualification experience age limit general information about exam form period of exam and date of application filling for exam.

3rd December 2010, 11:46 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Default Re: Need details about Energy Manager exam?

Hi,

find all the queries and their solutions for your better understanding

Q. What is the eligibility criteria for appearing in this examination?.
A. a) Energy Managers:

1. a graduate Engineer (Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology) or equivalent with three years of work experience involving use of energy in operation, maintenance, planning, etc.; or

2. a post-graduate Engineer (Master of Engineering/Master of Technology) or equivalent with two years of work experience involving use of energy in operation, maintenance, planning, etc.; or

3. a graduate Engineer with post-graduate degree in Management or equivalent with two years of work experience involving use of energy in operation, maintenance, planning, etc.; or

4. a diploma Engineer or equivalent with six years of work experience involving use of energy in operation, maintenance, planning, etc.; or

5. a post-graduate in Physics or Electronics or Chemistry (with Physics and Mathematics at graduation level) with three years of work experience involving use of energy in operation, maintenance, planning, etc.

Candidates without requisite work experience are not eligible to register for the examination.

Q. What are all the Papers one has to appear for this examination?
A. The examination Papers for Energy Managers and Energy Auditors are given below:

Paper I - General Aspects of Energy Management & Energy Audit - 3 Hrs Duration - Maximum Marks:150

Paper II - Energy Efficiency in Thermal Utilities - 3Hrs Duration - Maximum Marks: 150

Paper III - Energy Efficiency in Electrical Utilities - 3Hrs Duration - Maximum Marks:150

Paper IV- Energy Performance Assessment for Equipment and Utility systems (Open Book Examination)** - 2Hrs Duration - Maximum Marks:100

b) The candidate appearing for Energy Manager Examination has to pass all the above THREE papers, viz., Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III and obtain a minimum of 50% of the maximum marks in each paper.

d) Question Papers for Energy Manager and Energy Auditor are common for the first three papers viz. Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III. Energy Auditor candidate passing the above three papers shall be eligible for award of Energy Manager Certification. This clause is not applicable to the supplementary candidates of the 1st National Certification Examination for Energy Managers and Energy Auditors conducted in 2004.

e) The degree of difficulty in Paper-IV will be comparatively much higher than other papers.

f) Medium of examination is English.

g) Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III shall consist of objective and descriptive type questions.

h) The Paper-IV for Energy Auditors will be an open book examination and shall consist of descriptive and numerical questions.

** The candidates can refer only the guide books supplied during the paper IV examination.No other reference books and written material will be allowed.

Q. What is the minimum marks one has to obtain in order to receive certification?
A. a) For Certification of Energy Managers:

i. 50% of the maximum marks in each paper in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III

b) For Certification of Energy Auditors:

i. 50% of the maximum marks in each paper in Paper-I, Paper-II, Paper-III & Paper-IV.

Note: A candidate qualifying as Certified Energy Auditor automatically qualifies for Certified Energy Manager as well. Such persons can be considered for appointment or designated as Energy Manager under the EC Act, 2001 by the Designated Consumers.

Q. Whether one can apply for this examination without any work experience?
A. No.
Q. What should one do if one is not able to pass/appear in a particular paper for the examination?
A. A registered candidate, who fails or fails to appear in any one or more papers in his first National Examination, shall be eligible to re-write the same paper(s) by appearing in a maximum number of five subsequent examinations within six years from the date of first registration, by paying prescribed supplementary examination fee. This is also applicable for the candidates registered for the first National Certification Examination conducted in the year 2004.
On the basis of his results of the re-written paper(s), the candidate shall be declared to have passed the examination, provided he secures minimum of 50% marks in each of the re-written papers as applicable. In case, he does not secure minimum of 50% marks in each re-written paper(s) as stipulated above, he shall be deemed to have failed in the said National Certification Examination for which the candidate has registered.

The candidate, however, shall have the option to apply and register himself as a fresh candidate in subsequent National Certification Examinations.

Q. How long does this certificate is valid?
A. The certificate is valid for life time, subject to the condition of attending of an authorized refresher training course of short term duration by the candidate in a designated /approved institute or organization (to be announced by the Bureau) once in a 5 year time period, commencing from the date of award of certificate. A six- month’s grace period will also be provided to the certified energy manager and energy auditors after the expiry of 5 year period. The Candidate will be required to inform the BEE about the attendance of the refresher course on a specified format so that a fresh certificate is issued to the candidate for another 5-year period.

Q. Whether this certificate can be revoked?
A. The Certificate can be revoked on the ground of proved instances of unprofessional / unethical practices followed by a Certified Energy Manager and Certified Energy Auditor. The Bureau shall constitute a Committee for this purpose, which will investigate the matter. The concerned Certified Energy Manager and Energy Auditor will be informed of the charges against him and given a reasonable opportunity of being heard in respect of such charges.

Q. Whether it is possible to upgrade from Energy Manager to Energy Auditor. If so what is the procedure?
A. Bureau of Energy Efficiency has approved the Upgradation of Energy Manager Certification to Energy Auditor Certification. This clause is not applicable to the candidates registered for the 1st National Certification Examination for Energy Managers and Energy Auditors conducted in 2004.

The candidates who have qualified for Energy Manager certification and who fulfill the eligibility criteria for writing the Energy Auditor Certification are eligible for upgrading EM Certification to EA Certification.

The choice for issue of exercising this option to an eligible Certified Energy Manager is restricted within a period of 5 years from the date of issue of his/ her Energy Manager Certification.

Those eligible candidates need to appear only for Paper-4 - Energy Performance Assessment for Equipment and Utility Systems (Open Book Examination).

Q. What is the fee one has to pay for appearing in this examination?
A. FOR NEW CANDIDATES

Application Fee: Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for SC/ST/OBC Self-sponsored candidates having annual income less than Rs.1.0 lakh per annum)

Certification Fee (inclusive of Examination, Guide Books and Certification):
1) Rs.10, 000/- for Self-sponsored candidates
2) Rs.5000/- for Self-sponsored candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and having annual income less than Rs.1.0 lakh per annum
3) Rs.20, 000/- for Company Sponsored candidates.

FOR SUPPLEMENTARY CANDIDATES

Application Fee: Nil

Supplementary Examination Fee:

Rs.1500 /- per paper for both Self-sponsored & Company Sponsored candidates ( Rs. 750/- per paper for Self-sponsored candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC having annual income less than Rs.1.0 lakh per annum)

FOR UPGRADATION FROM ENERGY MANAGER TO ENERGY AUDITOR

Upgradation Fee: Rs. 1500/- for Self-sponsored candidates ( Rs. 750/- for Self-sponsored candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC having annual income less than Rs.1.0 lakh per annum).

Note: Those Candidates claiming fee concession has to submit copies of necessary supporting documents.

Q. How to prepare for this examination?
A. The following Guide Books are specially developed for the candidates appearing for the examination.

Paper-I:General Aspects of Energy Management & Energy Audit
Paper-II:Energy Efficiency in Thermal Utilities
Paper-III:Energy Efficiency in Electrical Utilities
Paper-IV:Energy Performance Assessment for Equipment and Utility Systems.
20th April 2011, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

next exam for energy manager in this year 2011
27th November 2011, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir;
I have passed the 3rd National Certification Examination for Energy Managers in the year 2006 bearing the Registration no- EM-0012.Please let me know the procedure for the recertification fir the same. my mail id is- [email protected]

Regards;

P.Behera
20th December 2011, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

Can anyone tell the course study material for Energy Auditor Examination, I want to appear for next year.

Please mail me email id: [email protected]

It will be very helpfull to me.

Regards,
I Pangging.
15th February 2013, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

Training period of one year is add for diploma candidates. Pls tell. Me sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?