24th October 2017, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Is NIOS qualification valid for admission in best colleges?

I am Pappu from Kanpur. Actually Sir, I want some information actually, I am passing from NIOS Haryana state level and I am greeting 72 percent. So, can I get admission in best college. Please reply me. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanks
Your obedient student
Pappu Kumar
12th class
Kanpur.

24th October 2017, 07:15 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is NIOS qualification valid for admission in best colleges?

National Institute of Open Schooling is a recognized board of India whose certificates are accepted for admission in the best colleges of India and government jobs.

In other words, NIOS qualification is valid for admission in best colleges of India. Ministry of Human Resources Development has approved NIOS for secondary and senior secondary level board exam.
24th October 2017, 10:08 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NIOS refers to National Institute of Open Schooling and same is one of the three national board of education apart from CBSE and ICSE and hence its degree is applicable for admission in any college.

For you satisfaction I would like to let you know that even premier institutes like Delhi University, IISER ( Indian Institute of Science Education and Research ), IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology ), etc. also accepts the degree from NIOS and hence you can get admission in any college having passed your Class 12th from NIOS board.
24th October 2017, 10:12 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

NIOS is highly recognised board of India. NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS is an open schooling board. NIOS is highly recognised.

NIOS have same value as CBSE ISC or state boards of India. You will get a admission in a good college.
24th October 2017, 10:28 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

National Institute of Open Schooling known as NIOS is a central education board and it is a valid and equivalent to CBSE, ICSE and other state boards like GSEB. It is approved by Indian government. Yes, NIOS has sent circular to every state boards / universities to instructor schools and colleges to allow admissions on the basis of marks sheets and certificates issued by NIOS. All schools / universities have recognised NIOS certificate for admission purpose. So you are eligible to take admission in college in which you are interested.
24th October 2017, 10:38 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NIOS board certificate is valid for all higher education courses in India.

NIOS board is recognised by HRD department of Indian government.

Certificate form NIOS has same value as that of certificate from any other recognised board.
24th October 2017, 11:00 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stand for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a valid board and it is recognised by every school and college of our country as well as in abroad. It is equivalent to CBSE, ICSE board. So you are eligible to take admission in whichever college you want to take.
24th October 2017, 11:07 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

As you have qualified your intermediate exam from a open school , you can apply for best college by qualifying the entrance exam.
As you belong to up i will suggest you to get good rank in GBTU exam held for admission in management, engineering, computer science college in Up.
25th October 2017, 12:44 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) is a affiliated with Ministry of Human Resource Development.

The certificate from the NIOS board is valid to appear in various entrance examination conducted for admission in best colleges.

The certificates and degree are also valid for job recruitment examination.

So, you can appear for JEE, CLAT, NEET ( PCB in 12TH ) etc..
29th July 2020, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

May I eligible to give NATA exam in 2021 after 12 pass from NIOS. I am from Gujrat
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?