27th September 2015, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

As per my 11th standard subject combinations can I become an IPS Officer?

sir.... ........
I am in 11th standard in a govt. school . I choose arts stream . The subjects I have are ECO, Eng., Hindi, history and Pol.science. I have all subject in hindi . so sir can I also apply to became IPS officer.My name is Parul Sharma. please sir please sir give me some tips also to became IPS officer. pleazzzzZzz!!!!!

28th September 2015, 04:46 PM
JSD.

Default Re: As per my 11th standard subject combinations can I become an IPS Officer?

It is good to see your keen interest towards the Indian Police Service. There is no matter what you are opting in +1 or in Bachelor Degree for becoming the IPS officer.

Basically IPS is a Post which can be get After completing the CSE exam. Civil service examination is conducted by the UPSC every year for the various posts like IAS/IPS/IRS/IFS etc.

The basic eligibility criteria for this exam is to have a bachelor degree course in any stream from a recognised university with good percentile in aggregate.

Also the appearing aspirant's age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years to be eligible for this exam.If the appearing aspirant is of reserved category then he/she may get the age relaxation. SC/St aspirant gets the relaxation by 5 years and Obc category aspirants gets the relaxation by 3 years.

General category aspirants can appear in this exam maximum 4 times, Obc category aspirants can appear in this exam maximum 7 times.For the SC/ST aspirant has no limit to appear in this exam.
28th September 2015, 10:00 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: As per my 11th standard subject combinations can I become an IPS Officer?

Dear friend,

It doesn't matter what stream or subject you have chosen in 11th standard.

For appearing in Civil Services Exam, you must have completed your Bachelor Course in any discipline from any institute affiliated to a recognized University.

Civil Services Exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

Preliminary Exam for Civil Services Exam was conducted on 23 August, 2015.

Now, Mains Exam will be conducted on 18 December, 2015.

Actually, there are three stages of Civil Services Exam namely:

Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)

Mains Exam

Personal Interview (PI)

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years

For OBC: 21 to 33 years

For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3

For OBC: 7

For SC/ST: No Restriction

Exam Pattern of Civil Services Exam Preliminary:

Optional Subjects which you may take while appearing for Mains Exam:

29th September 2015, 07:47 PM
ant man

Basically a candidate can become IPS officer only after completing degree. There is no restriction of stream to become IPS officer.

There is no problem being from arts stream to apply for IPS exam. But you can apply for the exam after graduating.

Eligibility for IPS :
1. A candidate must have completed graduation from a recognized university.
2. A candidate must be Indian citizen.
3. A candidate must be in the age of 21 - 32 years.
4. Being in the final year of the graduation also a candidate can apply.

For applying for the exam and to know more click >>www.upsc.gov.in
16th March 2018, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Sir I want to become an ips officer but I don't know which subjects should I take in 11th
21st February 2019, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want to become an IPS OFFICER but sir I have a problem.... I don't know which subject should I take in 11th ...
2nd April 2020, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Can a CA student apply for UPSC exams
4th April 2020, 06:03 PM
Vismithagowda

It is good to see your keen interest towards the Indian Police Service. There is no matter what you are opting in +1 or in Bachelor Degree for becoming the IPS officer.

Basically IPS is a Post which can be get After completing the CSE exam. Civil service examination is conducted by the UPSC every year for the various posts like IAS/IPS/IRS/IFS etc.

The basic eligibility criteria for this exam is to have a bachelor degree course in any stream from a recognised university with good percentile in aggregate.

Also the appearing aspirant's age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years to be eligible for this exam.If the appearing aspirant is of reserved category then he/she may get the age relaxation. SC/St aspirant gets the relaxation by 5 years and Obc category aspirants gets the relaxation by 3 years.

General category aspirants can appear in this exam maximum 4 times, Obc category aspirants can appear in this exam maximum 7 times.For the SC/ST aspirant has no limit to appear in this exam.
4th April 2020, 06:04 PM
Vismithagowda

4th April 2020, 06:24 PM
Vismithagowda

Eligibility criteria required to apply for Uttar Pradesh Postal Circle Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment is Candidate must have passed class 10th from a recognised board. Candidate age must lie between 18 to 40 years. Upper age relaxation are available for reserved category candidates.
4th April 2020, 06:25 PM
Vismithagowda

Eligibility criteria required to apply for Uttar Pradesh Postal Circle Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment is Candidate must have passed class 10th from a recognised board.
Candidate age must lie between 18 to 40 years. Upper age relaxation are available for reserved category candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?