13th December 2010, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Which PG course should I select after doing ECE course?

Sir/Madam,
I am a final year engineering student from the stream of ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION . I want to do PG in a highly reputed college within Tamilnadu. I want to know some guidance regarding the above. To be a Professor is my lifetime dream. So I want to know clearly about selecting the course in PG relevant to my stream(i.e. ECE)
Some suggested me to choose communication systems . But I want to do a course which has wide scope in the future that makes my job secure. At present I have applied for GATE . I want guidance for the preparation for GATE too. I think I have enclosed all the details from my side. Now am eagerly awaiting your reply.

31st May 2011, 03:36 PM
stranger351

Default Re: Which PG course should I select after doing ECE course?

There are mainly two courses available for You.
1.MBA
2 M.Tech
Both of them are Master degrees and both of them reputed Post graduate degrees.
As now you are in final year so you are eligible for applying these courses.
I think you should go for M.Tech after completion of your B-Tech.
But for this you have to appear in GATE exam which is tough exam.
On the basis of your GATE score you will get college.
31st May 2011, 03:44 PM
hitendra kumar malik

Thumbs up Re: Which PG course should I select after doing ECE course?

m.tech will be best for you after m.tech you can do p.hd in ECE...
and can get job on post of hod......

all the very best
31st May 2011, 10:25 PM
faheemadeeba

hii, regarding for the selection of subject for the PG you can go for vlsi, embedded systems, logic design, its an ever green subjects its ever green you will be secure dont worry.
for GATE exam you need to clear up all basic concepts , solve all question papers, if you wish you can join gateforum institute for building up confidence and have serious learning, or atleast take materials , and exams.
1st June 2011, 04:13 PM
byshah

Hi !!

As you have applied for the GATE, try to be eligilble in it as this will help you get admissions for M.E/M. Tech as you want pursue your career in teaching sector and you can get a job as a professor in good reputed college.
Preparation of GATE is really crucial and time consuming, try to study in groups. If possible join some classes which helps you learn in better way.
After you clear the GATE Exam you can select any college based on your score wherever you are eligible.
21st June 2011, 09:37 PM
sujitharamachandran

Frnd,
i prefer u to do me in communication system itself..
22nd June 2011, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

hi friends
i have finished my engg (ece) 2011 batch...i got placed in IT company...as a sports student i have an opportunity to do MBA ...but i don not know what to choose....which 1 will be best for my future....could you please give some idea
4th July 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

i finished B.E in ece . i want to do pg course. whether computer communication is best for my job career or embedded system technology.please suggest me sir
7th July 2011, 04:17 PM
fazlu
Member+

After you clear the GATE Exam you can select any college based on your score wherever you are eligible.As you have applied for the GATE, try to be eligilble in it as this will help you get admissions for M.E/M. Tech as you want pursue your career in teaching sector and you can get a job as a professor in good reputed college.
Preparation of GATE is really crucial and time consuming, try to study in groups. If possible join some classes which helps you learn in better way.
11th August 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

i hv completed my B.E in ece ...and i wished to do PG course...which stream would be better for me so that i could join core companies. please reply me..
13th August 2011, 09:38 AM
sujitharamachandran

u can choose HR or FINANCE
21st August 2011, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO JOIN IN PG COURSES....WHICH DEPARTMENT IS BEST after doing ECE course?
22nd August 2011, 08:34 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Which PG course should I select after doing ECE course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam,
I am a final year engineering student from the stream of ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION . I want to do PG in a highly reputed college within Tamilnadu. I want to know some guidance regarding the above. To be a Professor is my lifetime dream. So I want to know clearly about selecting the course in PG relevant to my stream(i.e. ECE)
Some suggested me to choose communication systems . But I want to do a course which has wide scope in the future that makes my job secure. At present I have applied for GATE . I want guidance for the preparation for GATE too. I think I have enclosed all the details from my side. Now am eagerly awaiting your reply.

well..the streams which shall be helpful would be
1) Communications which has wide scope and ample amount of job opportunities..
2)VLSI-which is the hottest stream in ECE right now..it has also good placement oppotunity..
3)Electrnics- after all every one everyday is using an electronic item so u can obviously go into it..

for GATE..better to take coaching or at least collect the study material of a good institute..that will help u a lot..

hope this helps..
31st August 2011, 04:04 PM
dibya89

I think you do B.TECH in ECE(Electronics and tele communication ). It is a great branch and it has several prospects in future life.

In PG you can do MBA,M.TECH,MS,MS+PHD.

In the case of MBA...
You have two option you can do it from India and Aboard.

For India you must qualify CAT (For better college) or MAT(For medium or low college). I prefer CAT because after doing MBA your expectation will change to high salary job. For getting high salary job you must do MBA from a good recognized college.

For abroad you must qualify GMAT & TOEFL. You should score high in both exam. GMAT ---679-760, TOEFL -6-10.

Now in India launch a rule for high grade MBA college that you must have minimum two years exam.

For M.Tech you must qualify GATE for study in high grade college with scholarship. Some private institute is there who offer you a self exam. Some GOVT. university also have this facility.

For M.S or M.S+P.hd you must qualify GRE+TOEFL(For USA) or TOEFL or IELETS(For Europe IELETS is preferable).

In above case USA is more efficient then Europe because of finance USA give more scholarship then other.
31st August 2011, 07:36 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

[QUOTE=Unregistered;270943]Sir/Madam,
I am a final year engineering student from the stream of ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION . I want to do PG in a highly reputed college within Tamilnadu. I want to know some guidance regarding the above.

right now..the most widely growing branch which has a lot o scope is Telecommunications..it is an upcoming branch and ur job shall stay secure if u manage to get into a very good college through GATE..keep VLSI as ur 2nd option..all the best
22nd January 2012, 04:38 PM
GUNDA DIVYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Madam,
Hi,

After b.tech you can go with either MBA/MCA or m.tech.

But M.tech well suits to your dream so better to go with that.

Go for m.tech through Gate.

After m.tech you do P.hd then you can secure job anywhere.

All the best.....
6th April 2013, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

what is the cutoff mark for ece in tancet exam
3rd August 2013, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

hi i am an ece engineer just passed out..i have got 2 job offers in hand..1 from IT company TCS and another from an electronics company BOSCH..m confused which one to join..which has a better scope in future ? I have interest in programming as well as electronics..please help me.
23rd August 2013, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

whether an ECE graduate can take M.E manufacturing?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?