26th November 2010, 05:23 PM
teja99

Placement papers of TCS?

I want tcs placement papers, will u please send it to my mail.
mail id: [email protected]

1st December 2010, 11:00 AM
palnaikwade

Post Re: Placement papers of TCS?

TCS Placement Paper ,10th March 2006
1.verbal
2.aptitude
3.critical resoning
verbal had- antoyms(10),snonyms(10),a fill in blank(4), & a comprehension
aptitude had very simple ques. all frm previous papers.
for verbal & critical resoning refer to barrons......they even don't change the options. for those not able to arrange one atleast go throgh tcs words from previos papers in freshersworld.
apptitde ad all ques. frm previous papers.......for more go trogh RS aggarwal. i m still waiting for result to be announced on 13th march. i m giving some ques which i remember.
1.Which shape will be obtained by using the following values for X and Y

X 0 10 100 1000 9999

Y 0.00001 1.02 1.72 3.00 4.72

Ans=Y=log10(X)

2.What is the value of the following expression M(373,5)+T(7.7)+R(4.4)-T(3.6)

Where M- MODULAS R- ROUNDOFF T- TRUNCATE (Ans: 11)
Sol: 3 + 7+ 4 - 3 ==11

3 What is the value of the expression % # % (6) + # % # (6)

Where % means DOUBLING and # means RECIPROCAL

4 Match the following (this type of question but not same)

A B

1. Mammal, cow ---> a. A type of
2. Snake reptile ---> b. A part of
3. Roof - Building ---> c. Not a type of
4. Mushroom - Vegetables ---> d. A superset of

(Ans: 1-d, 2-c, 3-b, 4-a)

5.If G(0) = -1 G(1)= 1 and G(N)=G(N-1) - G(N-2) then what is the value of G(6)?(Ans: -3)

Sol: g(2)=g(1)-g(0) ==1-(-1)=2, similarly g(3),…g(6);

6. If A= 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1

B= 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1

C= 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1

Then find the value of [A U C] U B and express it in decimal.
7.If A, B, C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 40%, 10%.What will be the fuel economy if they were used combine?

1.68.4 2.62.2 3.58 4.27 (Ans: 62.2)
sol: (70/100)*(60/100)*(90/100)*100=37.8 Eco = (100-37.8) =62.2
8. In Madras , temperature at noon varies according to t^2/2 + 4t + 12 (Read is as: t square /2 + 4t +12), where t is elapsed time. Find how much percentage of temperature is increased (or decreased) between 5pm and 8pm. (HINT: substitute&subtact values from 5 to 8)

9 The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given byM = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much more memory is required now?

a) 1.0% b) 2.6% c) 0.5% d)1.4% e)2.7% ans .5%
10 A power unit is there by the bank of a river of 900 meters. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river of 2000mts. The cost of the cable below water is Rs. 5/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs. 4/- per meter. Then find out the amount to be invested to connect those two stations. (Ans8500)

11 A sequence of letters is given. We’ve to find out how many V’s are there under the condition that, S should be followed by V and should not be followed by F……

V,S,F,T,W,E,L,B,V,S,L,L,K,S,M,S,V,F,L,S,D,I,……… Like that.

12 In a two-dimensional array, X (7, 9), with each element occupying 8 bytes of memory, with the address of the first element X (1, 1)=3000; find the starting address of the element at X (5,8). (Ans: 3172)

Sol: (4 X 9) + 7 = 43 X 4= 172 à 3000+172 == 3172 ( i.e completely 4 rows r filled , in fifth row up 7th cell is filled next cell is required address )

13 In the word ORGANISATIONAL, if the first and second, third and forth, fifth and sixth, etc words are interchanged, what would be the 12th letter from right? (Ans: ‘A’)

14 A Flight takes off at 4 A.M from North-East direction and travels for 7 hours to reach the destination in the North-West direction. Some latitude and longitude of source and destination given. Find the local arrival time of destination? (I don’t know how to find it)
15 Four 2X2 matrices were given. We’ve to find out which of them is a singular matrix? (Hint: try for which matrix det (A) becomes zero (ad - bc).
16 (Momentum*Velocity)/(Acceleration * distance)

a) Newton b) Mass c) Force
17.Based on a Venn diagram. 3 problems were given. All are so easy. No need to worry.

(0nce go through R.S AGGARWAL)

21 A bar chart was been given. Two questions based on this. Easy ones. Don’t fear.

(0nce go through R.S AGGARWAL)

TCS General Interview Questions - 3 ,19th March 2007
Hi friends. TCS came for campus selection in our college on 19th March and I am very happy to say that I have been placed and I am a member of TCS family...
The whole process took two and half days... First day is th written test..
The three parts in the written tests are
1.VERBAL
2.QUANTITATIVE
3.CRITICAL REASONING
1.The verbal section is the most difficult section in the written.. (time limit:20 minutes,totally 32 questions and one mark each)
Synonyms and Antonyms will be a bit tougher.. But the reading comprehension will be somewhat easier..

2.Quantitative aptitude is the easiest section in the written part...(time limit:40minutes,totally 34 questions and one mark each)
If you have gone through previous question papers, then you will be able to get more than 90% in this section.

3.Critical reasoning is the toughest of all without 12th edition GRE Barrons book.(time limit:30 minutes,totally 32 questions and two marks each)
Get a GRE Barron's book and read the critical reasoning section or else mug it up thoroughly.. The same questions without changing the choice also will come. Very rarely names might change.
If you have gone through the previous question papers for sectoin 2 and GRE Barrons for section 3 then you can easily clear the written test.
no: of students appeared for written test:1496
no: of students cleared written test:620
The second day are the interviews.. First technical round.. After waiting for more than 2 hours my interview started.(Two were in the panel who were very friendly)
int: Welcome Arun!
me :smiled and wished good afternoon...
int: This world cup I am going to support WestIndies Cricket team and you also have to do so..(actually, this question is to divert me at the right start itself)
me: answered positively and tackled the situation..
int: tell me about yourself in a different way..
me: told my personal, academic data and skills in a different way..( I impressed the interviewer for the first two questions)
int: difference between postfix and pre-fix operator.
me: answered with an example
int: give me a real time application of the above
me: answered
int: gave me a program and asked me to give the output.
me: gave
int: is java a 100% complete object-oriented language?
int: what are the types of joins in rdbms
me: answered(but was not able to explain it)
int: what is trigger
int: what are semaphores?
me: (answered in the second attempt)
Then the interviewer was asking some HR type questions to me for a long time..
Then I was asked to wait in a room.
After 10 minutes I was called for the MR interview
int: introduce yourself
me: said
int:diff b\w java and C++
me:answered
int: diff b\w file processing and dbms
int: asked abt some queries
int: asked about TCS
me: gave the profile
int: told me about the bond and asked whether i will work anywhere in India..
me: gave a positive answered
The third day also the interview continued for other department students.. In the evening at about 4, the results were announced and I am placed in TCS.
The most important thing in interview is: talk with confidence and always have a smiling face... Don't panic or get tensed unnecessarily.. Stay as cool as you could and that will fetch you the job...
All the very best!

TCS Placement Paper ,3rd April 2007.(Siddaganga Institute)
Hi friends, this is Debashis Dan of CSE from Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, near Bangalore. TCS came to our college on 2nd, 3rd April.
Total no of eligible candidates : 509
Cleared written : 284
Finally selected : 195
Eligibilty criteria in our college : 60% in 10th, 12th, engg.. 2 current backlogs allowed.
Pay : 3.15 lacs per annum
APTITUDE TEST :
The aptitude test was online. Consisting of 3 sections.
verbal : 10 synonyms, 10 antonyms , 12 sentence completions.
TOTAL TIME : 20 mins
Some of the words i remember are : (inclusive of synonyms n antonyms)
indigenous,
latent,
stifle,
raucous,
mitigate,
minion,
tortous,
infallible,
assuage.
Suggestion : For this section do all previous year TCS words. But this is not always enough, coz i got some difficult words other than these which were not there in previous year papers. if u've time, better do the wordlists (750 words or so) from barrons... i mean the exercises given.
Sentence completion consisted of 2 passages :
Passage 1: relating to dust harming machines in a factory & its adverse effect on our health...
Passage 2: Investing in shares...
Here there was blanks in the passage where we had to insert the appropriate sentence from the list of given options. Each passage had 6 such blanks to be filled.
Suggestion : My sincere suggection is dont waste more than 4 - 5 minutes on synonyms n antonyms. coz, sentence completion takes a hell lotta time as all the options given are nearly similar n confusing. But u can easily score well in this sent comp part if u do carefully.
quantitative : 32 questions, 40 mins
Suggestion : For this part do prev year papers very well. almost 90% common questions came. some questions had the data a bit changed.
some which i remember are :
1. whats the largest prime no. that can b stored in an 8-bit memory?

2. In the word SENSATIONAL 1st letter is interchanged with 2nd, 3rd with 4th, 5th with 6th and so on. what is the 10th letter ?

3. In a 2D array, X(9,7) with each element occupying 2 bytes of memory, find the address of X(8,5). Given address of X(1,1) is 3000.

4.Select odd one out : Windows NT, Linux, C++, (some other operating system.. cant recall its name)

5. Select odd one : Oracle, Linux, Ingress, DB2

6.A man n child can do a work in 6 days. Man can alone do it in 24 days. How long will the child take?

7.Convert 342 (in decimals) to base 5.
8. No. of faces, vertices n edges of a cuboid is : ?
9. If M denotes modulus, R denote round off, T denote truncation, the find the value of :
M(373,5) + R(3.4) + T(7.7) + R(5.8)
10. G(0) = -1, G(1) = 1, G(n) = G(n-1) + G(n-2). then G(5) = ?
11.at a particular place the temperature varies as t^2/2 + 8t + 3. where t is elapsed time. find the temp differnce between 6 pm and 9 pm.
12. which of these set of angles doesnt represent a triangle : a) 90,60,30 b) 50,100,30 c) 67,22, 90
13. Complete the series : (sorry friends, i forgot the series)
14. which is a power of 2 among the following : a)2068 b) 2048 c)2668
15. A, B and C are given as :
A = 11011011
B = 01111010
C = 01101101
Find the decimal equivalent value of (AUB)^C where ^ denotes Intersection
16.A, B,C are mechanisms used separately to reduce fuel wastage by 30%, 20 % and 105. what'll b the fuel economy if they were used combined?
17. Find the singularity matrix out of the follwing : (sorry, dont remember the options)
18. If $ means tripling and % means change of sign, then find the value of :
%$%9 - $%$9
19. some questions with venn diagram where people speaking hindi, english & bengali were given. 3 questions were asked like how many speak hindi and not english, how many total people were there etc...
20. 3 questions were given on data interpretation using a bar chart nad a pie chart.
Critical reasoning : 3 passages, 12 questions, 30 minutes
Suggestion: Do all the 250 critical reasoning passages from barrons 12th or 13th edition model test papers 1 to 5. u'll get 100% common questions. names may be changed...
my passages were:
1. armenian, latin, celtic language courses......
2. Big university, small college 3 member team. 2 representatives of the big university.....
3. seating arrangement....
its observed, they always give 2 easier and one harder critical reasoning passage.
HEY GUYS, IF U HAVE AN ONLINE TEST, & IF AFTER THE EXAM YOUR PSYCHOMETRIC WINDOW OPENS UP ON THE SCREEN BE ALMOST SURE THAT U HAVE CLEARED THE APTITUDE TEST. otherwise also u can get selected depending on relative performance, but this is an almost instant indication...
TECH INTERVIEW:
1. tell me something about urself...
me : am from kolkata,.. schooling... extra currics... various organizations tht am a member of in college... course in fine arts... fav subjects... He stopped me mid-way
2. how'll u insert an item in a doubly linked list?
3. diff between doubly n singly linked list
4. tell me about the complexity of bubble sort n explain bubble sort method
5. tell me about ur project. ( mine was 2-pass assembler)
6. wht happens in these 2 passes?
7. U r given a number X, u've to divide it by 256 without using any arithmetic operator. how'll u do it?
(Hint: convert it to binary, n then shift 8 places rightwards... as 2^8 is 256)
8. can u write a C program for this?
i said sir am very stressed out now... i'll take a bit time. he smiled n said "ok debashis, u can go. it was nice talkin 2 u. the HR will get back to u soon."
MR INTERVIEW:
1. seeing my resume, he said u r a bengali huh... so do u like oily food?
i said sir to me its the food tht matters not the quantity of oil in it. he smiled....
2. Tell me something about the Nandigram issue in west bengal n whts ur views on it?
i told
3. Are u for or aginst the creation of SEZs?
i replied in for...
4. Tell me the full form of SEZ?
me: socio-economic zone . he started laughing. ( actually it is Special economic Zone)
5. speak on any topic of ur choice for 2 mins. u can sit or stand.
i said i would prefer 2 stand. i spoke upon " should mobiles be banned in offices"
6. any question for me?
i asked sir in PPT we were told something called "assurance systems", can u pl brief me a bit about it.. he didnt know the answer. he said u can keep this question for the HR in the next round
HR INTERVIEW:
its just a formality. she asked me about myself. the explained me about the 2 year bond breaching of which will lead to a fine of 50,000..also asked if am willing to work anywhere in india.. i said yes. Thts it....
I"M SO HAPPY THAT FINALLY I GOT SELECTED. hope to see u all there in TCS. ALL THE VERY BEST.
TCS General Interview Questions - 2 ,10th March 2007
i guys. this is chetan. [B.Tech_ECE_2006 p4ass out].First i whould like to thanx all, who shared their experience of interview at TCS. ""Literally priceless""
I cleared my written test on 10th of march. interview was on 17th march at TCS towers,gurgaon. Basically there r 3 rounds[tECH+MR+HR]
1)Techincal interview
ur resume should contains only what u can explain & hav knowledge of that. A panel of two, one was quiet cool and was asking asking very simple questions & i answered almost all. other one was a smart guy took everything out of me.

-->Tell me somthing about u??
Prepare this well. B pricse n confident.do'nt bore them.
-->Ur favourite subjects??
I said digital electronics n Communication.
(Prepare any two subjects n master them. questions only from them,do'nt worry about other topics at all$$$$$$)
-->ur hobbies??
internet n movies
-->what u look 4 on net???
music, wallpaperes, chat, mail etc.
-->which websites 4 music??
papuyaar.com 4 hindi n punjabi, yourmp3.net 4 westrn.
He preferred me a website, i do'nt remeber...............
-->what's OSI model?
Explained with diagram. then come the cross questoining. Do'nt confuse anywhere.
-->how it work?
Keep it as simple as u can.Do'nt go into details.............
-->ANY OTHER MODEL u konw?
tcp\ip
--diffrence??
answered
-->what's in the header??
source and destination addresses.
-->Questions on routers???
difficult but i handeld well.
-->Tell me about ur project??["pet quetion"]
Force on the part which u know the most.To b frank, they will judge u on ur project knowledge.
-->Multiplexing??
Excelled it.
-->Techniques??
TDMA,CDMA,FDMA,WDM
-->dIFFRENCE B/W THEM??
Impressive answers.
-->Which provide full B.W??
TDMA,CDMA.
-->Types of modulations??
AM,PM,FM
-->Write equations 4 each??
My patience did'nt let me down. I managed to write the correct equations.
-->What r u doing in delhi??
SQT course.
-->From which institute, duration, fee n all??
Answerd.
-->What is testing, Black box, white box, tools used,etc????
Answerd confidentily.
That's all I can collect now.After evaluating my remarks on a rough sheet they told me wait 4 HR round. It felt like heaven.It took about 30-35 minutes. Others were waiting 4 the tech round result.After waiting 4 10minutes they called me 4 next round, i was'nt sure it's MR or HR.
2)NEXT ROUND
A 40+ man & a lady.
Man-->Tell me only three things about u??[Apart from ur resume.........i felt odd ,coz i was'nt prepared 4 it]
I told about my qualification, secondly............ i do'nt remember but after that he asked the last thing............
I waited 4 a while & said i'm a "good team member"[That's what my brain told me at that time]
Man-->How?????[n i was prepared]
Answered relating to my project work.How i worked with my team to build our project.
Man-->When u felt an achievment in ur life???
I produced a story there ha.....ha...........
When i got 54/60 in a subject in my second attempt, after getting re-appear.
Man-->R u satisfied with this score??[n i was stunned..........i was blank 4 5 seconds]
A curly answer.
Man-->Then he contradicted my view n asked me somethin.............
After some discussion I agreed with his point.
Man-->If we post u in chnadigarh??
"IT'LL BE THE BEST" [EXACT WORDS FROM ME]
mAN-->iF TO GOA OR andman nicobar??
"working 4 TCS is itself an achievment, no matter where" [EXACT WORDS FROM ME]
Man-->Do u wonna know anything about TCS???[plz ask good questions here, it shows ur interest in TCS]
Which telecom project TCS is working on??Total turnover of TCS??
MAN-->WAIT 4 UR RESULT
THANX
But i knew my result.BINGO. After waiting for 30 minutes. A sardar ji took us down. Then, "u all are selected".BIGGG SMILES AROUND............
LAST NOT THE LEAST:"ALWAYS KEEP A CHARMING FACE"
I never came to know about Mr and HR round. Then they gave us a letter regarding medical test on 20th march in delhi. My medical is done & i'm waiting for the final appointment letter. It has been 15 day's, no intimation yet.
I will wait............
Work hard and believe in GOD.
Best wishes to all,
chetan kapil
TCS General Interview Questions,6th October 2007

I m Ranvijay Singh given an written exam of tcs at 29 September in Thakur college of Engg. & Tech. Mumbai & call for interview at 6th oct. at tcs office. I m reached the office at 10am & my no. is came at 3.30pm. Perhaps there were 6 panels & 2 person in every the panel. I m went in 1 of the panel.

ME: Good afternoon sir with smile.

SIR: Please have a seat
ME: Thank you sir

SIR: Where does u stay?

ME: Sir I stay at Goregoan (E)

SIR: Tell about ur self

ME: Told

SIR: Asked about my schooling because I m done my 10 & 12th from two different school
ME: told the reason

SIR: Tell ur favourite subject
ME: Told Comp. networking & OS

SIR: Asked Topology, type of topology & give the plain paper to draw all types , GPRS, Piggybacking (explain in term of technical & real term),
Router & Handshaking
ME: told all thing but I m Forget the gprs

SIR: Asked about to explain my final yr. project (JAVA) & some question related to project like what its use, its future aspects& Interface in java. ME: explain all things very efficiently bt unable to explain the interface

SIR: Asked some question on DBMS like Joins & its type , Cartesian product, Views, Normal forms, & ER diagram(abt mapping
ME: explain all things

SIR: Inheritance, its type & syntax, Control statement & told to list the syntax of Switch

ME: explain

SIR: Diff. between C++& Java, which Inheritance supported by Java& some cross questioning on it

SIR: Asked abt HTML, Tag, format (syntax) of html program & list the format of selecting picture in html
ME: Told but give the wrong syntax of selecting picture, then they give the right syntax

SIR: Asked some question on S/W engg. Like explain testing & all its types (unit, integration, system, acceptance testing), whitebox, blackbox testing & Stub in term of testing

ME: Explain all thing but not clear the stub

SIR: Asked which subject study in last semester

ME: Told (Comp. Net., Cryptography, Multimedia & Mobile computing)

SIR: Asked abt Cryptography

ME: Explain

SIR: ok

ME: Thank u sir

HR INTERVIEW

After abt 15 min my name is called & told me that u r gone for HR room for interview, I m very happy at that moment & enter the HR room , there were many guys filling the HR form . I m take the form & filled very accurately, there were 2 form, 1 is blue form. At abt 6pm my name is called to go for HR office. Perhaps there were 2 panels, sit in 2 different rooms. I m entered in one of the room (there were 1 lady & 1 gents) & called ‘may I coming sir’

SIR: Come & Sit down

ME: thank u sir

SIR: Asked the mean of my name (Ranvijay)

ME: Explain

SIR: Asked 1 of my favorite Technical subject

ME: Told Computer networking

SIR: Asked the OSI layer

SIR: Describe any 1 layer within 1 minute

ME: Explain(Network layer)

SIR: Asked which layer of OSI is not present in TCP\IP internet model

SIR: About FTP

SIR: tell the name of Server which serve to many clients

ME: Don’t Know

SIR: Describe Client-Server architecture

Me Explain

MADAM: Asked abt my year gap

MADAM: Asked about my hobby

ME: Told listening music & Playing comp. games

MADAM: Asked which types of games

ME: Told Racing & strategy making games like road race, NFS-2 & Prince of Persia.

MADAM: Some question related to games like in which level u reach

MADAM: Asked when u came in Mumbai & where u stay

MADAM: Asked r u mobile like u can go to Chennai, Bangalore……

ME: Told Yes

MADAM: Asked me to ready for bond (50K+2year) & for Medical test

ME: Yes Mam

SIR: Said, ask any question to me

ME: I m ask that “The value of Indian rupee is Continuously appreciating in comparison to US $ , what impact of this appreciation on Indian S/W industry & also on TCS”

SIR: Explain

ME: Asked that I m heard due to increasing of Indian rupee value the s/w company recruitment is decreases

SIR: No & Explain

SIR: Ok

ME: Thank u sir.

TCS General Interview Questions, 25th March 2008
Well guys !!!TCS recruited perhaps the highest number of students from our college i.e KIIT and the figure is 310 to be precise..Around 500 had qualified for the interview (HR and Tech combined) from 550 who were allowed to write the written test. And not to mention I was one of the lot. Thanks to all the papers uploaded on this site by numerous people .I am not uploading my written test paper because all the questions were same .But u must be cautious while reading as they have changed the values .They have prepared a same set of questions with values changed and the same questions are being given all over india.So my suggestion for the written are simple. Just solve 2-3 papers uploaded on this site and i believe u will be through the written test. For L.R section just go through barron's 12th edition .Same for the comprehension
Now comes the P.I. part. Luckily I had H.R and tech combined .In case u don't no need to worry ..Just go through the basics of whatever fav subjects u r going to mention.U never no which panel u would get. In some panel they would only H.R and in some other only Tech. So it all depends.They may not ask u form ur fav subjects and at the same time they may ask about NEWTON's laws of motion, gauss law ,faraday law etc.So u see u need to know abt the basics and some indepth knowledge abt ur fav. subjects.It may happen that they may not ask for for ur subjects.It depends.....
So I am only going to tell u abt my interview experience I gave my P.I to a lady and don't take her for granted ....

Lady:: so tell me abt urself which is not mentioned in ur resume.
me:: told abt my hostel life
Lady:: so what is the best part of hostel life?
me:: told something abt unity,to adapt
Lady: :if someone does a wrong thing( in a workplace) what would u do
me:: told
lady:: draw the architecture of 8085 mp
me:: did and explained too(u should)
lady: diff between c nd c++
me:: told
lady:: diff between linux and windows( i had done a project on linux)
me: :told
lady:: some more questions abt my project
lady:: name first 10 elements of periodic table(where did this come from)
me: could tell only first five but told sorry
lady:: tell me newton's first law and 2nd law
me: :told both
lady:: who is the CEO of TCS
me:: mr s rama dorai
lady:: what do u know abt TCS
me:: told what i had gathered frm net(u must listen at the presentation)
lady::: some questions on hobbies what do u generally blog abt
me: :told
lady:: are u on orkut
me:: yes mam
lady:: how many hrs do u spent on orkut
me:: defended myself by saying that i visit only when any notification abt new scraps come into my mail
lady:: seems satisfied
lady:: u can ask any question
me :: asked abt recession
end of the interview

One sincere advice to all of u . You must know each and everything u mention on ur resume .Speak well and support with examples. don' have a rigid stance .Brush up ur fundamentals I am frm ETC department so people from my department need to know simple programs in c and concepts of c++. thats it from myself Best of luck . Remenber TCS is not the end .
TCS Placement Paper,26th March 2008(General Interview)
Hi guys, I am Debanjan from NIT Durgapur.I am from chemical engineering department.Tcs came to campus on 26th march and picked up 202/352 students.But mind you,guys......the whole process which we had to undergo during the 3 days was such we never expected.TCS probably took the toughest selection procedure in recent times.some of the students had technical interview as long as 1 and half hours.....hr was also quite gruelling........and it was totally unpredictable......for some of them hr was taken along with technical.....mine was 45 min hr+ tech interview....i am giving an excerpt
Me : Good evening sir,
I : good evening.......plz sit down
Me: Thanks a lot sir
I : you seem to be a cool dude
Me: (didnt expect) sir, its the same debanjan you r seeing who is with his friends
i: tell me abt urself
me : told
i: do you believe in god?
me :yes
i : define god
me : gave...was quite satisfied
i: state the zeroth ,first,second law of thernodyanamics
me :explained in a flash
i : ok..tell me the capital of estonia and peru
me : gave the ans
i : v good...what do you think of obama?
me : gave sume fundas abt obama and us presidential elections
i : you seem to have good general knowledge
me: thank you sir
i : draw a distillation column
me : drawn efficiently
i: who is dalailama....asked abt tibet vs china
me : fumbled.......but gave the ans
i : i am very impressed....but u ahve got low cgpa..
me : i was prepared for this....i gave an instant reply
i: satisfied....u r bengali right?
me : yes sir..
i : what is the percentage of bengali speaking peiople in the world
me : there was no way i cud have answered that...just said....i cannot reacll the number sir
i : he gave the ans....and then suddenly....why tcs
me : i thought it was a technical....but still gave the ans..
i : and then from no where..what is faradys law of electrolysis
me : somehow i managed...but not completely correct...
i : why should i take you as u dont know c and u r from core branch
me : gave a satisfactory and
i: are you feeling bored
me : i didnt say"not at all"....i just said i am tensed
i: why are u tensed....u have answered..teh ques
me: sir,,,this is a very important day of my life
i : why is it important?
me : sir it will be my first step towards being a proffessional..
i : he in a flash gave me a piece of paper...write 10 points now which a proffessional should have...and list out which u have and dont have at this point
me : i took time intentionally....wrote the points...
i : r u mobile
me : sure sir.......i can adjust in any part of the world
i : that means u can adjust in alaska also
me : why not....if tcs opens a branch there?
i: very clever
me: no sir,very honest
i : laughed....ok do hv any ques?
me : sir what is this six sigma thing
i : explained very well
me: thank u very much sir....it was nice meeting yoy
i: u welcome
TCS Placemnt Paper,18th March 2008

Hi ,I am Hardik B Korat, a computer engg. student of BIRLA VISHWAKARMA MAHAVIDHYALAYA, Vallabh Vidhya nagar… I would like to share my expereince during TCS On-Campus Interview.
TCS written test is easy if u concentrate little on it.

WRITTEN Test:
• Read previous 10 paper and I m sure that u will clear written test……
• There is no negative markings, no upper cut off, no sectional cut off
• But there is sectional time cut off, as there is online test.

There are basically 3 parts in written
a) Verbal :
There prepare antonyms and synonyms from previous papers. After that two paragraphs are given in that section. Totally 32 marks in this section. Concentrate little in this part because this is some what difficult to answer depend much on luck.

b) Arithmetic ability:
This is the easiest section where we can get good score. It is enough to prepare previous papers, they just change the digits and the model is same. There are some problems from Bar and Pie Chart. If u score above 32 out of 38, I m damm sure that u will clear the written.

Few were like….

1. 58, 27, 12, __, 2 .
Sol. 27*2+4 = 58, 12*2+3 = 27, 5*2+2 = 12, 2*2+1 = 5, 1*2+0 = 2 ….ans = 5

2. How the given string how many Y’s are followed by L that are not followed by PYLYPQMYLPMLYLLYQMYYLQYLPLYAMLYLM Sol. Only count those pair by YL and discard pairs of YLP ……..ans =4.

3. First & second, third and fourth, fifth and sixth letter of word SENSATIONALY are interchanged find the 12th letter form right.
Sol. The interchanged word is ESSNTAIONALY. Now start counting frm Right the 12th letter is E.

4. What is the largest prime number which can be stored in 6 bit register?
Sol. As the register is 6 bit long we can store max number 63 (if all bits are 1).But 63 is not prime the largest prime number is 61.
Ans = 61.

5) Number of faces, vertices and edges of a cube
Ans. 6, 8, 12

6. If g(0) = 1, g(1) = -1 and g(n) = g(n-1)-g(n-2) then calculate g(6).
Sol. Start with g(2) = g(1) + g(0) = -1 - 1 = -2, g(3) = g(2) + g(1) = -2+1 = -1, g(4) = g(3) + g(2) = -1+1 = 0, g(5) = g(4) + g(3) = 0+1 = 1, g(6) = g(5) + g(4) = 1-0 = 1
ans = 1.

7. which of the following heaving highest standard deviation.
a. 9,0,9,0,9,0 b. 9,-9,0,9,0,-9 c. 9,-9,9,-9,9,-9 d. 9,9,9,9,9,9
Ans. C, standard deviation is 18(i.e. the difference between two consecutive terms is highest).

8. Find the result of the following expression- M (737, 7) +R (3.4) +T (7. 7)-R (6.4) if, M denotes modules operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncations?
Sol): 2+3+7-6 = 6

9. In a city, temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/6 + 4t + 12, where t is elapsed time. Find the percentage change in temperature from 3pm. to 6 pm.
Sol): In equation first put t=3,
we will get 25.5........................... (1)
Now put t=6,
we will get 42.............................. (2)
So %change = ((42-25.5)/42)*100)
=39.3

10. Find d Odd one out? a. Oracle b. Linux c. Ingress d. DB2
Ans. All other except Linux which is an operating system are Database Management Systems.

Etc………

C) Critical Reasoning:
In this section there will be 3 passages and questions on it. So, we have to prepare the GRE Barron’s book either 12th or 13th edition. All will come from that only.

Out of 250 students, 150 cleared written test…. So, all the best guys…..

Next I had Technical round on 19th march 2008.

Technical Round:

For this prepare well your academic subjects. They can ask on any one and u should able to answer. I have prepared just C, C++, DS.

Take care that ur resume is the best if ur technical knowledge is not much good. Add something in ur resume that attracts interviewer to ask u.

If u lead ur interview in the way u want, it would impress the interviewer…

We were having presentation of t.c.s. at 9.30 am. in morning. Please attend this presentation. My turn came at 12.20pm.

I was first to be interviewed in my block. Be confident, they don’t see whether u are best in technical or not. They will definitely select u, if u have positive approach and confidence.

The interviewer called me and started interview…
• Interviewer will judge u within a minute u enter the room. So be confident and show them that u will fit best in their company.
• Please take care to wish the interviewer properly.
• tell me about urself ?
• 3 ques on dbms? (like dml, rdbms…).
• Strength, weakness? (explained all well).
• Explain Hacking? (que was asked as I had mentioned in my resume—explined for 6 min).
• Ques on wi-fi tech, online file sharing, code ragging- all included in my resume. (explained all well, thus spent 15 min).
• Be prepared for ques like- why tcs?, why should we select u?, which position in tcs?
• Please do ask a question at last if interviewer tells “do u have any question?”.

Blockwise results were declared, nd I got result at 2pm. Out of 150 students 70 cleared technical round.

HR INTERVIEW:

On same day at 2.30pm, I had filled a form and was called at hr interview. There were more technical ques compared to hr. ques.
In this round u will get the same questions as have been asked till now e.g.
“tell me abt urself “
“ ur family background “
favourite subjects.

Ques from subjects other than fav. Subjects.

How current is produced?

How is flux produced?

What are registers?

“I was shocked by these ques…”

Strength?

Sir-which work would u prefer in tcs?

Me- coding.

Sir- have u coded anything till now.

Me (not coded yet still) – ya sir, I have prepared a game of tic tac toe.

Sir- explain code for that?

I prepared code and explained it for 15 minutes.

Sir was definitely impressed.

Sir-“are u mobile?”

Me –“u can throw me anywhere in the world, I cud fit anywhere”.

I asked reasons why tcs firing 500 employees?

Sir-“they were not knowing basics of electronics”

Me-“sir u can not fire a person without hiring them”

Sir laughed .

Say thanks to sir while leaving.

It was informed on next day that Total 33 were selected out of 70 that appeared in H.R. interview.

Do perform well nd all d best for ur future………
TCS Placement Paper 27th Feb 2008
HI Guys This is MANSOOR student of Electronics & Communication from Guru Nanak Institute Of Tech ……….TCS came to our campus on 27/02/08….. I know u don’t wanna know who I m…So Let me come straight to the point…..
The paper was divided into 3 sections…
1) ENGLISH,
2) QUANTITUDE,
3) LOGICAL REASONING -Puzzle part…..

It was an online test so u didn’t have the choice to choose a part in which u r comfortable in,u have to start with English, then Quant and then Puzzle….
For ENGLISH see the ANTONYM given in (Barron's Gre (12th edition) Chapter-6 Antonym Exercise) some of the words I can remember are 1) GAUCHE- lacking social polish, 2)DISCREETNESS- prudence, 3)CHURLISH- rude
There were also couple of passages(where u have to fill the missing sentences) which were a bit tricky so I will advice u guys to solve that first and den come to Synonyms and Antonyms (which are 10 each in total)

For QUANT some of them were quite easy such as
1) Interchange “MEASUREMENTS” the first with 2nd letter, 3rd with 4th and so on., and den get the 12th letter from right
Ans E
2) There was a table where for certain values of X., there were some values of Y…
Ans y=log(x)
3) How many zeros are there in 100!
Ans 24(get LCM of 100 and add the no.’s)
4) the sides are given which triangle is not possible……..
(A) (2,3,6) (B) (3,2,4) (C) (3,4,5) (D) (3,3,3) (E) (5,3,5)
Some other Q’s were:
5) Select the odd one out
a. Oracle b. Linux c. Ingress d. DB2
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

6) Select the odd one out
a. SMTP b. WAP c. SAP d. ARP

7) Select the odd man out.
a. Java b. Lisp c. Smalltalk d. Eiffel
Some of the other questions were exactly of the same pattern like previous years papers (Data’s are changed of course)…
Say it finding the no.’s from one base to another as in NUMBER SYSTEM, STANDARD DEVIATION, PROFIT AND LOSS, PERCENTAGE, PROBABLITY, TIME AND WORK, NUMBERS, AVERAGE.AGES, RATIO AND PROPORTION, ALLIGATION OR MIXTURE, SIMPLE INTEREST, COMPOUND INTERSET, PERMUTATION & COMBINATION etc

For PUZZLE part it was exactly from Barron's Model Test papers (Data’s not changed)..it was basically from model test papers.
Model test 1- Section 5: 1-4, 5-6, 8-12, 13-16, Section 6: 8-11, 12-18, 19-22
Model test 2-Section 1: 1-4, 12-18, 19-22, Section 6: 8-12, 13-16, 24-25
Model test 4- Section 5: 8-11, Section 6: 8-12
Model test 5- Section 3: 1-4, 8-11, 23-25, Section 7: 1-5, 6-9, 16-20, 21-25

When I cleared my aptitude I was quite relieved
Then I went for my interview at around 8.00pm HR and TECHNICAL was taken together…first of all I was made to wait for around 7 min outside the room which was quite nerve wrecking and then it started

Me Good Evening Sir
Interviewer) Nodded and asked me to sit
Interviewer) Tell me about urself
Me) Told with poised…
Interviewer) asked me about my favourite subject
Me) Digital Electronics
Interviewer) OK tell me the diff between a digital and analog signal
Me) explained with diagrams
Interviewer) What is the discrete value of a digital system
Me) 0 and 1 Sir
Interviewer) OK tell me where u do u see yourself in next five years
Me) Told
Interviewer) what kinds of transistors are there
Me) about to say but another sir came in and interrupted me and den he asked
Interviewer) What do you mean by AM and FM
Me) Explained
Interviewer) have u seen a radio and how we have to tune it…what exactly happens:
Me) explained with élan
Interviewer) Do you know about Mobile Communication
Me) A bit sir… but not in details as I will study this in the next semester
Interviewer) Do you know HLR or something
Me) I didn’t understand as it was from Mobile Communication but I told him about CDMA technique coding, PCM etc So he got impressed and asked me
Interviewer) OK u know ur subject lets go into programming language… Which language u know ?
Me) C
Interviewer) OK what is meant by local, global, static variable, what is static global variable (everything abt storage class)
Me) explained thoroughly
Interviewer) Do u know pointers
Me) Yes sir
Interviewer) Take two pointers string and concatenate them
Me) I did it with strcat()
Interviewer) very smart
Interviewer) Do it without using functions
Me) I tried.. but couldn’t get it
Interviewer) then asked me to declare integer and assign an integer pointer and then print the post increment of it and get the output
Me) done
Interviewer) do you why have we asked u to fill the languages column
Me) said because of some preferences and topographical restrains…
Interviewer) was satisfied and ……….shook hands

When the result was declared I felt like floating in the sky… it was an out of this world kind of feeling
My advice will be to all aspirants is that back ur knowledge…ur ability and belief in urself…try to get the first few lines in the interview to be perfect and rest u will sail through….
NOTE: For Non CSE students my advice is to know ur core subjects properly and hav only sound knowledge of C, data structures etc.
Hope to meet in TCS…….Have a nice day
Tata Consultancy Test Pattern
TCS Test Pattern:
It was an online exam…. Test Consists of 3 Sections… + Psychometric Test
1. Test on Synonyms and Antonyms (40 questions, 20 minutes: Also Q’s on Sentence Completion).
2. Aptitude Test (32 questions, 40 minutes: General Questions on Mathematics).
3. Critical Reasoning (30 Minutes: 3 Analysis Paragraphs and 12 questions Relating them).
4. Psychometric Test (150 Questions, 30 minutes: only if you Qualify in the above tests).
Details about How to Prepare for the above tests:

1. Verbal Ability:
This Test contains Synonyms & Antonyms…Almost all of them were From GRE BARRON’S 12th Edition & upward…30-50% of them will be repeated from previous TCS papers. Few Questions on Sentence Completion were also there..for these also refer BARRON’S.
NOTE: During the Exam..you should be careful..because on the computer screen the names Synonyms & Antonyms will be placed side by side so that we may by mistake choose an antonym instead of a synonym…so Be Careful..
2. Aptitude Test:
This test will consist of very general questions…This is the easiest section Compared to the Other Two. Almost 70-80 Questions will be repeated from the Previous TCS Papers…just learn the method from those papers..same model will be given..(This happened almost all the times). If you have time refer to any Aptitude book of your interest…it may be R.S.AGARWAL or any Other……

3. Critical Reasoning:
Here Starts your Problems…30 Minutes…12 questions..don’t think that there is a lot of Time..these will be somewhat tougher those who has some touch with such kind..and will be Very Tough.. if you haven’t seen this kind before..so,you should have some practice relating this kind of questions… 3 paragraphs will be given.. 3X4.. 12 questions.. first 2 paragraphs will be some twisty questions… like our arrangements questions… routes between cities.. like that… and the last one will be on Data Interpretation…

You prepare Data Interpretation again from BARRON’S…. but the remaining from R.S.AGARWAL-Reasoning…. Or from Barron’s 13thEdition

4. Psychometric Test:
This test comes up only if you qualify in the Aptitude test… This test consists of 150 questions which we should answer in 30 minutes (of course, that much time is not required) Don’t think that this test has no weightage.. there is filtering in this test too… this test tests your psychology.. Remember among 150 many questions were asked again & again in a
variety of ways.. so don’t get trapped… be honest while attempting this test.. choose what you’re your heart says.. it will take you through the test..
This ends the Tests……
INTERVIEWS:
Now if you are Alive Even after All these tests….then you have to face a Technical Interview…
It may be on the same day of the Test.. so be Prepared in Advance…..
The Interview will be done by a Panel of 2 members…. No need to worry.. They will be Very supporting & Friendly.. First they ask us to Introduce ourselves… then they’ll go into your project details… don’t forget to prepare project…. They mainly concentrate on your project only…so be confident on every aspect of your project… then you should have some basic knowledge on C language. There will be some questions like “what is the o/p of this code?”, “what are the errors in the code?”..like that… so be prepared for all the basic concepts.. If needed you have to write some small codes too.. at the end they will ask some general questios like “Why TCS?”, “Where do you see yourself in the next five years?”, “do you have any questions?”, try ask some questions… it shows your interest in the Company..

HR:
Now if Chase this one too…. Then comes your Final Attack.. the HR Round… I many times heard that “I failed in HR round!”.. likewise anwers…. But you should not fail in it.. because it involves no technical questions… it just dwell into your innerself… so, be confident and frank while facing this round…They generally ask questions like “Tell about yourself?”, “Who r your role models?”, “What is your weakness?”, don’t say “I Have no weakness!”, just prepare a small weakness for yourself that causes no harm to your future…O.K.. “What is your mother tongue?”

if your Academic background is good.. be prepared to face some Techies here too….
Tata Consultancy Services Company Profile
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is the world-leading information technology consulting, services, and business process outsourcingorganization that envisioned and pioneered the adoption of the flexible global business practices that today enable companies to operate more efficiently and produce more value.

Tata Consultancy Services started in 1968. The early days marked TCS responsible in managing the punch card operations of Tisco. The company, which was into management consultancy from day one, soon felt the need to provide solutions to its clients as well. TCS was the first Indian company to make forays into the US market with clients ranging from IBM, American Express, Sega etc.
TCS’s work has spanned a range of activities, from strategy consulting and system integration services to offshore development centres for some of the most sophisticated software development in the world. Consider these facts about TCS:
Projects for over 1000 clients in more than 55 countries. Our clients get measurable business results, which is why many Fortune 500 companies prefer TCS. More than 100,000 person years of experience in diverse business domains and technology areas.

Knowledge accumulation through collaborative research with industry and academia, and partnerships with global technology leaders.
The company recorded revenues of INR186,332.1 million (approximately $4,129 million) during the fiscal year ended March 2007, an increase of 40.7% over 2006. The operating profit of the company was INR46,444.4 million (approximately $1,029 million) during fiscal year 2007, an increase of 37% over 2006. The net profit was INR41,315.3 million (approximately $ 916 million) in fiscal year 2007, an increase of 43.3% over 2006.
A part of the Tata Group, India’s largest industrial conglomerate, TCS has over 120,000 of the world's best trained IT consultants in 42 countries. The Company generated consolidated revenues of US $5.7 billion for fiscal year ended 31 March, 2008 and is listed on the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange in India
Over 28,000 consultants, a range of world-class products, proven offshore development
capabilities, and multiple SEI CMM Level 5 centres.

Total revenues of Rs 5,012 crore ($ 1.04 billion) in the year ended March 31, 2003.
TCS believes that IT is a key factor for social change and is committed to several community development ventures.
If you have the talent and the ambition to grow, there's plenty of space for you at TCS. Its streams of competence embrace everything from technology and strategy to research and teaching
Specialties
IT Services, Business Solutions, Outsourcing, Consulting
Financial Highlights
Fiscal Year End: March
Revenue (2008): 5722.20 M
Revenue Growth (1 yr): 33.40%
Employees (2008): 108,000
Employee Growth (1 yr): 27.10%
Headquarters Bombay Area, India
Industry Information Technology and Services
Type Public Company
Status Operating
Company Size 120,000 employees
2007 Revenue 188,682 mil [INR] (41%)
Founded 1968
Contact
Tata Consultancy Services TCS House,
Raveline Street, 21 DS Marg, Fort
Mumbai, MAH 400001
India
For more details please visit www.tcs.com
Also Visit TCS Recruitment website : http://www.recruitment.tcs.co.in
Then it had some paragraph which u need to read and ?fill in the blank?
b) QUANTITIVE
this is the section which u need to concentrate more becoz its easy to get hold of
1 Series sums
2 longitude latitude sums My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N 10E and landed 10 Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N70W. What is the local time when my plane landed?
6:00 am b) 6:40am c) 7:40 d) 7:00 e) 8:00
3)The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it is sent?
4)Three companies are working independently and receiving the savings 20%, 30%, 40%. If the companies work combinely, what will be their net savings?
5)If G(0) = -1 G(1)= 1 and G(N)=G(N-1) - G(N-2) then what is the value of G(6)?
6)One circular array is given(means memory allocation tales place in circular fashion) diamension(9X7) and sarting add. is 3000,What is theaddress od (2,3)??..
7)What is the highest prime number that can be stored in a 9-bit microprocessor?
8)The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied ?
9)In madras, temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t+3, where t is elapsed time.Find how much temperature more or less in 4pm to 9pm
10)Find the fourth row, having the bit pattern as an integer in an 8-bit computer, and express the answer in its decimal value.
A 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1
B 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
C 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1
(AU(B-C)) ?
TCS Placement Paper-Sept 2005,Mumbai
Tata Consultancy Services

TCS-Placement Paper-Sept 2005-Mumbai

I got selected in TCS in September at the Mumbai Off-Campus. As I have come to know that a based recruitment is expected around 10th of Jan, I am sharing the Tech and HR questions:-

After the written, first Tech interview is taken. The panel had two persons.
Q: Hello Rahul, have a seat.
Me: good mornig sir, thanks a lot.

Q: tell me something about yourself.
Me: ( I started with my aim(as in the resume) and a brief desc about my B.E., then coming straight away to my accomplishments basically related to the field. My + points, and showing that I have been a constant
performer since my schooldays. Pointing out participation in various events as the certificates were there in my resume (basically to show all round interest). Also pointing out my hobbies and interest.

Q: so u play basket ball.. r u a dunker?
Me: no sir but I am good at dribbling. (thing is that they can ask u anything related to what u write in yur resume)

Q: what r u favourite languages and subjects?
Me: C,C++,DBMS and SE.

Q: be sure bcos we r going to ask u questions on that.
Me: yes Sir, I am very sure. And I am good at coding too.

Q: (they started with the questions) Design a switch case for an integer
Me: (did it).

Q: now modify it for a float.
Me: it doesn't work for it.

Q: WAP for comparing two strings.
Me: (made it)

Q: how do you test this program?
Me: I can make test cases by specifying different inputs

Q: all right then design test cases for me.
Me: (I made different inputs for both the strings and showed it to them)

Q: Show me some more inputs
Me: I tried but cudn't giv more than 7-8 inputs.

Q: can we have some more inputs.
Me: it's possible if u put in more thinking but exhaustive testing is not possible

Q: But all possible cases must be tried.
Me: yes sir.

Q: tell me what is testing?
Me: (I answered)

Q: what r the different type of testing methods?
Me: (Answered)

Q: what do you mean by SDLC and SWDLC?

Q: what r the various phases of SDLC?

Q: All right, Sahil. U may leave now. Have a nice day.
Me: Thank you, Sir. Good day Sir.

After 5 mins I got my result and I had cleared the tech. Then comes the HR. I am directly writing the questions as the answers may differ individually.

Tell me something about u?
Tell me something about TCS?
U have presented a paper on missile systems, tell me something about it?
He took a project and asked me why I used Access in it and its database implications slightly.
What r yur strengths?
Do you know about the bond with TCS?
What if we send u to Pakistan or timbaktoo?
(be prepared for such question and smile a bit rather than laughing heavily on such questions)
do you have any questions for us?
I asked 2 questions:
1. What will be my job profile and how do I see my chances of growing in yur organization?
2. How do u see that yur clients are satisfied with yur services and what r the parameters that help u in doing it?

So these were my set of questions. Wish u all the best.
Tata Consultancy Services

TCS-Placement Paper-5 Oct 2005

I prepared a lot, downloaded almost 100 papers frm net.read the total site of tcs.

On 5th Oct,

For hr round I went there at 9:30,but they have started the intrw at 3:30 and I was out 4:45 with a happy face,for 15 minutes I was not me.so happy for those 15 minutes.i ve tasted the results of hardwork,planning,sincerity and Creativity.

In HR

1. Tell me briefly abt urself with resume details also.
A. my educational details, family details ,my habbits are playing cricket and chess, writing poems, listening to music.

2.What type of music.
A. Modernized classical songs, A.R.Rahman, Ilayaraja melodies.

What do u know abt tcs
I said tcs is the one of leading CMM level 5 company in asia,which has 500 branches around the world in 35 countries,its aim is tobecome top10 in the world within 2010.the awards it has got in 2004,2005.i said a lot abt it.he was surprised(whenever ur busy in answering,he writes sth in small paper,and again asks).

What is CMM level 5
It is Capability maturity model sir,After checking the Software developing process,it is given to the company sir

Do u know any projects done by tcs
I said Up housing corporation project, Computerisation of Tamilnadu's municipalities,egovernance that is "aponline is the main project done by the tcs sir.which is very helpful in paying the bills frm anywhere"

Is this ur first intvw
A.S,sir,

4.why,what r u doing all these 4 months.didn't u apply .
A.i have applied sir,but I didn't get any call letters.

5.What do u think the reason behind that.
A.All companies in Bangalore recruiting people who have more than 70% and that might be the reason sir.

6.y so less % in ur engg.
A.In only one sem I got less %.becoz of that my aggreagate went below 70 sir.

7.What is ur aggregate in engg.
A.69.47%

8.Your class first %
A.79.5%

9.So where do u stand in ur classs
A.Sir depending on percentages it may be around 15or 16th place,but I am the third person who have no backlogs at all in my class.

10.What is ur aim
A. To become project leader within 5 years.

11. Why do u want to join TCS.
A. Actually my objective is to achieve my goal on the pillars of Creativity, Sincerity, Planning, Hard work. Tcs shows sincerity towards its employees that's y I want to join TCS.

12.How do u know Tcs sincerity.
A. When Sept 11th incident was occurred, all the companies including infosys, satyam had removed their staff,but tcs is the one and only one company which has recruited at that moment also,that's y I want to join tcs.

13.Is there any incidence in which u ve applied ur creativity.
A. Many r there sir, anyone telll me now,when I was in third yr for January first I wrote a poem,in which one who is electronic based guy Mr. David falls in love and if he writes a love letter,this I have taken as subject and wrote love letter ,shall I explain sir,he said yes, Mr.David feels himself as diode and his lover as also other diode."I am a diode and u r another diode,lets meet together to become a transistor and improve our ic family and be placed in a hot pcb".He smiled.

14.if v send u to ASSAM will u work there.
A. Sir working in TCS itself a great pleasure, Not only Assam even I am ready to work in PAKISTAN.He smiled and said thn be ready man last year itself v have opened a new branch there.

15.How many boys and gals r there in ur class
A.20 g's and 25 b's.

16.How many members have got job.
A.seven members sir,

17.what r the companies they ve got
A.I said the Guru-Accenture, Pari-Accord, Raghu-Ge, Swathi-Ness, Pradeep-CGI.

18.Is there any TCS employee u know.
A.s,my seniors r working ,so y didn't u mention their names in the form, I don't know them.but our seniors have a yahoogroup through that v exchanged information .whatz the group name, I said vintellects

19.Any group activities
A.S,sir.As one of Senior Nss volunteer, v have organized one Aids rally in the surrounding two villages of our college.and when I was in third year one National wide seminar on "Image Processing"was organized by our ece department .

20.NSS,whats tht
A.National Social Service, explained a bit

21.Any questions,
A. Learning more programming languages is it essential sir to get job in s/w field. he said, "no,Mr.subash,one structured language, one object oriented language,one database, one operating system linux, unix,that's enough".
B. Anymore questions, I asked "sir,on which project u r currently working now", he said I am panel member, I ll interact bn highlevel as well as lowlevel mgt.
C. And finally,I asked sir is there any faults in my exposure,he said "in intws they should not be discussed anyhow u get to know the result".
D. Thank you sir,
Attached Files
File Type: docx TCS.docx(69.6 KB, 159 views)
3rd December 2010, 08:32 PM
mamta24
Member+

Default Re: Placement papers of TCS?

TCS Company Profile

TCS Company Profile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TCS Placement Papers - 2007

TCS Placement Paper-ON 19 September 2007 Kohinoor Park ,Hyderabad

TCS Placement Paper-ON 30 September 2007 AT Pune

TCS Placement Paper-ON 29 September 2007 AT MAIT,Rohini

TCS Placement Paper-ON 6 October At 2007 Hyderabad -

TCS Placement Paper-ON 5th October 2007 At Vel Tech Chennai

TCS Placement Paper-ON Mumbai - 29 September 2007 Thakur Engineering College

TCS Placement Paper-ON 6th October 2007 AT Vel Tech Engg College -

TCS Placement Paper-ON 6th OCTOBER AT HYDERABAD

TCS Placement Paper-ON 7th OCTOBER 2007

TCS Placement Paper-ON 29 SEPTEMBER 2007 AT DELHI

TCS Placement Paper-ON 31st JULY 2007 AT KOLKATA (BIT Mesra, Kolkata Centre (BCA))

TCS Placement Paper-ON 30th JULY 2007 BVBCET,Hubli

TCS Placement Paper-ON 25th JULY 2007 AT LBSITW, TRIVANDRUM

TCS Placement Paper-ON 23rd JULY AT TRIVANDRUM (SCT College of Engg)

TCS Placement Paper-ON 21st JULY 2007 AT BANGALORE (BMS College of Engg)

TCS Placement Paper-ON 16th JULY 2007 AT NITK Surathkal

TCS Placement Paper-ON 14th JULY 2007 AT MNNIT, ALLAHABAD)

TCS Placement Paper-ON 6th JULY 2007 ( Pondicherry Engg College)

TCS Placement Paper-ON 6th JULY (Pondicherry Engg College)

TCS Placement Paper-ON 6th JULY 2007 ( NIT Jamshedpur)

TCS Placement Paper-ON 5th JULY 2007 (NIT Jamshedpur)

TCS Placement Paper-ON 4th JULY 2007 AT (SRM Colleg)CHENNAI

TCS Placement Paper-ON 3rd JULY 2007 AT SRM UNIVERSITY

TCS Placement Paper-3rd JULY 2007 AT CHENNAI (SRM Institute of Science and Tech)

TCS Placement Paper-ON 27th JUNE 2007

TCS Placement Paper-25th JUNE 2007 AT SCOE , PUNE

TCS Placement Paper-26th JUNE 2007 (Meenakshi College. Kodambakkam)

TCS Placement Paper-22nd JUNE 2007 KITS, Warangal

TCS Placement Paper-24th JUNE 2007 KITS,Warangal

TCS Placement Paper-21st JUNE 2007 AT JNTU, HYDERABAD

TCS Placement Paper-20th JUNE 2007 AT CHENNAI

TCS Placement Paper-17th JUNE 2007 AT HYDERABAD

TCS Placement Paper-13th JUNE 2007 AT CHENNAI (Anna University)

TCS Placement Paper-13th JUNE 2007 (Bapatla Engineering College, Bapatla) (JNTU,kakinada)

TCS Placement Paper- 10th JUNE 2007 (PSG Tech, CBE)

TCS Placement Paper- 11th JUNE (LakiReddy BaliReddy College Of Engg, Mylavaram)

TCS Placement Paper- 6th JUNE 2007 AT I.E.T.

TCS Placement Paper- 8th JUNE 2007 (GVP College of Engg,Visakhapatnam)

TCS Placement Paper- 11th JUNE AT COIMBATORE

TCS Placement Paper- 4th JUNE 2007 AT (Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham)

TCS Placement Paper- 7th JUNE 2007 (VIT, Vellore)

TCS Placement Paper- 6th JUNE 2007 AT IET , LUCKNOW

TCS Placement Paper- 3rd JUNE 2007 AT JNTU (JNTU,kakinada)

TCS Placement Paper- 3rd JUNE AT JNTU ( JNTU Kakinada)

TCS Placement Paper- 28th MAY 2007 AT ANDHRA PRADESH

TCS Placement Paper- 27th MAY 2007 AT HYDERABAD (GRIET College Engg)

TCS Placement Paper- 24th MAY 2007 (Banasthali Vidyapith)

TCS Placement Paper- 24th MAY 2007 (NEC, Narasaraopet)

TCS Placement Paper- 23rd MAY 2007 (Sree Vidyaniketan Engg College, Tirupati)

TCS Placement Paper- 20th MAY 2007 AT (M.V.G.R.College Of Engg.)

TCS Placement Paper- 21st MAY 2007 AT MDU, TAMILNADU

TCS Placement Paper- 20th MAY 2007 (GMRIT Rajam)

TCS Placement Paper- 11th MAY AT SRINAGAR (National Institute of Technology- Srinagar)

TCS Placement Paper- 16th MAY 2007 (N.B.K.R.I.S.T, Vidyanagar)

TCS Placement Paper- 21 MAY 2007,TAMILNADU

TCS Placement Paper- 20th MAY 2007,GMRIT Rajam

TCS Placement Paper- 1st 7th MAY 2007, JAIPUR

TCS Placement Paper- 27 April 2007,MANIPAL

TCS Placement Paper- 25 April 2007,Gujarat

TCS Placement Paper- 19 April 2007,Narsapur

TCS Placement Paper- 1st MARCH 2007,GHAZIABAD

TCS Placement Paper-16th FEB 2007,BHOPAL

TCS Placement Paper--27th JANUARY,HYDERABAD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TCS Placement Papers - 2006

TCS Placement Paper-23 Sep 06,Bangalore

TCS Placement Paper-9 Oct 2006,Chennai

TCS Placement Paper-08 Sep 2006,Maduri

TCS Placement Paper-26 Aug 2006

TCS Placement Paper-24 July 2006,Ranchi

TCS Placement Paper-17 Aug 2006,Kota

TCS Placement Paper-21 July 2006,Bangalore

TCS Placement Paper-3 Aug 2006,Nitte

TCS Placement Paper-May 2006

TCS Placement Paper-10 Sept 2005,Kandivali

TCS Placement Paper-05 July 2006,Chennai

TCS Placement Paper-09 Jun 2006,Chennai

TCS Placement Paper-1 Aug 2006,Karnataka

TCS Placement Paper-12 July 2006

TCS Placement Paper-July 2006

TCS Placement Paper-July 2006

TCS Placement Paper-2 Jun 2006,Pondicherry

TCS Placement Paper-23 Jun 2006

TCS Placement Paper-28 May 2006,Narsapur

TCS Placement Paper-Jun 2006

TCS Placement Paper-11 Jun 2006,Coimbatore

TCS Placement Paper-1 June 2006,kolkata

TCS Placement Paper-29 May 2006,Pondichery

TCS Placement Paper-May 2006

TCS Placement Paper-April 2006,West Bengal

TCS Placement Paper-17 April 2006

TCS Placement Paper-08 April 2006,West Bengal

TCS Placement Paper-9 July 2005,Kolkata

TCS Placement Paper-27 Feb 2005,Kolkata

TCS Placement Paper-18 Feb 2005,Kolkata

TCS Placement Paper-3rd Sep 2006,Chennai

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Paper

TCS Placement Papers - 2005

TCS Placement Paper-Sept 2005,Mumbai

TCS Placement Paper-5 Oct 2005

TCS eTests

http://www.vyomworld.com/placementpapers/tcs.asp

TCS eTest 1
4th December 2010, 10:58 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja99 View Post
Dear friend,
Some placement papers of TCS for you...
please check the attechment...
Attached Files
File Type: doc 001.doc(28.5 KB, 90 views)
File Type: doc 002.doc(28.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: doc 003.doc(24.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: doc 004.doc(33.0 KB, 81 views)
File Type: doc 005.doc(27.0 KB, 88 views)
5th December 2010, 10:59 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

TCS placement papers are provided in the following links

http://placementpapers.net/helpingroot/tcs

http://www.vyomworld.com

please go through it.

All the best
17th December 2010, 07:16 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii
Placement papers of TCS

good luck.
19th February 2011, 03:34 PM
sonalgoel1

Smile Re: Placement papers of TCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja99 View Post
hello,

all the tcs previous year placement papers are available on the following link

http://placementpapers.net/helpingroot/

also you may refer the following link to practice the extra questions on all type asked in the paper

www.indiabix.com

also there are various books available in the market for practice

1) quantitative analysis by R.S aggarwal

2) verbal and non verbal analysis by R.S aggarwal

good luck
20th February 2011, 07:58 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

Placement papers of TCS

good luck
21st February 2011, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

resent tcs model papers with answers
23rd February 2011, 05:49 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Placement papers of TCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
resent tcs model papers with answers
hello friend,

We had TCS in our campus two months before... unfortunately i was not able to clear cause i didnt see the pattern for TCS... so its really important to see the pattern before you for the aptitude test... I have attached the question database plus some sample question papers of TCS.. just go through it... and i guess you must have enrolled yourself in openseesame for TCS placement just attend the mock test which present in that portal.. I took it very lightly but many questions in final aptitude exam was repeated from the mock test...

If you want to attend some online test for TCS.. follow the links below...

http://www.gplassets.com/olteststart.php?company=TCS

http://www.gplassets.com/olteststart.php?company=TCS-1

http://www.gplassets.com/olteststart.php?company=TCS-2

http://www.gplassets.com/olteststart.php?company=TCS-3

http://www.gplassets.com/olteststart.php?company=TCS-4

ALL THE BEST...
Attached Files
File Type: doc 451 sample Questions 2.doc(196.0 KB, 69 views)
File Type: pdf TCS jan 2011.pdf(30.4 KB, 81 views)
File Type: pdf TCS2.pdf(28.3 KB, 81 views)
File Type: pdf TCS-set db.pdf(169.1 KB, 243 views)
11th September 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i am doing final yr betch...nw in s7...so i want jntu tcs palcement papers 2011-2012...pls mail me [email protected]
14th December 2011, 12:32 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

TCS stands for the Tata Consultancy Services and it is basically an IT company and the largest recruiter of fresh engineers from different colleges in India.

I am uploading a few previous years and sample papers. Please download them and refer for your preparations.
Please do not rely only on these, and solve other papers and books as well.

These are just to give you an idea about the types of questions asked.

Hope it helps

Regards
#RJ#
Attached Files
File Type: doc TCS Placement paper.doc(31.0 KB, 52 views)
File Type: doc Written Testtcs.doc(34.0 KB, 47 views)
File Type: doc tcs.doc(87.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: pdf Prepare for Aptitude Test.pdf(55.7 KB, 127 views)
File Type: pdf guide_excerpts.pdf(174.5 KB, 82 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?