24th February 2019, 04:34 PM
Roshan0622

Possibility and availability of courses to pursue Computer engineering after 12th Commerce?

Will I be able to become a Computer Engineer after I have took Commerce in 11th standard and passed 12th with 60% of total marks? Which courses are available for me after Intermediate from Commerce stream? Any specialized Computer Engineering courses?

25th February 2019, 07:26 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Possibility and availability of courses to pursue Computer engineering after 12th Commerce?

The first thing I would like to let you know that to pursue a degree course in engineering in any discipline the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as main subjects from a recognised board of education. Students holding diploma in Engineering degree are also eligible.

So, having completed your Class 12th in Commerce stream, you are not eligible to pursue Computer engineering degree course or any other technical degree course too.
25th February 2019, 09:58 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility and availability of courses to pursue Computer engineering after 12th Commerce?

The eligibility to get admission in Computer Science engineering course is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in the course after 12th in Commerce stream.

Entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission in the course.

After 12th in Commerce and interested in Computer you can pursue BCA in some of the institutes.
25th February 2019, 10:26 PM
Akshay Bochare
Member+

The basic education qualification for pursuing engineering is 10+2 in science stream, as you are studying commerce it is not possible for you to secure admission in computer engineering.
But you can go for BCA and MCA further.
26th February 2019, 09:06 AM
bharatyoutuber
Junior Member+

One may join a Bachelor of Science(BSc.) in Computer Science(C.S.)(3 years) from universities like the University of Delhi, this could be followed by either a Master of Science(MSc.)-C.S./Information Technology(I.T.)(2-years) or Master of Computer Application(M.C.A.)(3 years) or lateral entry to the M.C.A.(2 year) or take a lateral entry to the 2nd year of the Bachelor of Technology(BTech.)/Bachelor of Engineering in C.S./I.T., each of which could be followed by Master of Technology(MTech.)/Master of Engineering(M.E.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?