22nd January 2020, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to get admission in B.Tech after 2nd year of Diploma?

Hi, I have recently completed my 2nd year of Diploma and I wanted to know whether I can get admission in 1st year B.Tech through TS EAMCET or not? I would be getting direct 2nd year admission in B.Tech through lateral entry scheme so isn't it possible to quit Diploma after 2nd year and join B.Tech in 1st year?

23rd January 2020, 10:17 AM
sarika1993

Default Re: Possibility to get admission in B.Tech after 2nd year of Diploma?

No. Just after completion of 2nd year of diploma in engineering, you are not eligible for lateral entry admission to 2nd year of degree engineering. For lateral entry admission to 2nd year of degree engineering, you must have passed diploma in engineering. For 1st year of degree engineering, you must have qualification (10+2) in science stream with PCM group subjects.

B.E/B.Tech 2nd Year Lateral Entry Admission
Admission will be offered based on entrance exam TS ECET (Telangana State Engineering Common Entrance Test).

B.E/B.Tech 1st Year Engineering Admission
Admission will be based on entrance exam JEE Main or state level entrance TS EAMCET.
23rd January 2020, 04:32 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to quit diploma in the 2nd year of the course and make it to the B.Tech course in the 1st year.

Candidates passed three year diploma course from a recognised institute are eligible to appear in the lateral entry examination conducted for admission in the B.Tech course.

Entrance examination is conducted by private and government institutions for admission.
23rd January 2020, 07:42 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to get admission in BTech after 2nd year of diploma.
If you have completed your diploma course, then you will get a direct admission in 2nd year BTech course because to get admission in lateral entry, you must have passed in 3 year diploma in Engineering of a State Board of Technology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?