22nd August 2018, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to join NDA for 12th Commerce with Physics Education student?

Dear Sir, I am studying in 12th standard with Commerce stream. I have Physical Education subject in my 12th standard. I want to join NDA after completing my 12th. So, is it possible for me to join NDA or not?

23rd August 2018, 12:56 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join NDA for 12th Commerce with Physics Education student?

Let me tell you that if you want to join NDA then it is compulsory to have completed 12th from Science stream. Any other streams are not allowed.
You will not be eligible to apply for NDA entrance test after completing 12th from Commerce stream.

But if you will complete graduation from Science stream then you will be eligible for CDS entrance test.
You can apply for CDS after completing graduation only.
Age limit for CDS should be 21 years to 25 years.
23rd August 2018, 10:54 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join NDA for 12th Commerce with Physics Education student?

NDA is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year. The examination is conducted for selection in Indian Army, Navy, Air Force.

Since you are pursuing 12th in Commerce stream you are eligible to appear in examination for recruitment in Indian Army.

The other required qualification to appear in examination is :-

Candidate age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

Examination is conducted in two stages and you have to appear and qualify in both stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th August 2018, 07:44 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and to join NDA, you need to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

The minimum education required for appearing in the NDA entrance examination is a Class 12th in any stream from a recognized board of education. Further, Mathematics and Physics are required at Class 12th level education to be eligible for joining Indian Air force or Indian Navy through NDA.

So, being a commerce stream student, you can join NDA to join its Indian Army wing.

For more detailed information regarding NDA entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
24th August 2018, 08:14 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to join NDA examination after completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream. You are eligible to join only in Indian Army through NDA examination after completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream. You should be an unmarried male candidate and should be in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years to be eligible to apply for NDA examination.
24th August 2018, 10:49 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Being a Commerce student you are eligible to appear in NDA examination that is conducted by UPSC twice in a year in the month of April and September but yes you are only eligible to apply for army wing.
25th August 2018, 09:13 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Possibility to join NDA for 12th Commerce candidate:

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, I can say that there is a possibility for you to join National Defence Academy after successful completion of 12th Commerce with Physics Education course.

There are several wings available in NDA and they are, Army Wing, Naval Wing and Air Force Wing. The basic educational qualification generally varies from wing to wing.

<> For Army Wing:-
* You should have passed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern from a recognized board.

<> For Naval Wing and Air Force Wing:-

* You must have passed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern with Physics and Mathematics subjects conducted by state or central education board.

Hence, I can say that you are eligible to appear for exam under Army Wing after completion of above said course.
25th August 2018, 12:24 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, commerce student can apply for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and this is conducted by UPSC for job in army wings.

Minimum eligibility for appearing in this exam is that you should be pass in your 12th standard exams with any stream.

Only this is the stream where anyone from any steam science / arts can apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?