4th October 2018, 08:10 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to join Officers Training Academy for NCC-C holder?

Hi everyone, I want to join Officers Training Academy. I have an NCC-C certificate. So, is it possible for me to join this Officers Training Academy? Please help me to know about this as soon as possible. Thank you!

8th October 2018, 08:14 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Possibility to join Officers Training Academy for NCC-C holder?

For joining Officer's Training Academy (OTA) one of the four wings of CDS(Combined Defense Services ) you need to qualify CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

* The minimum qualifications required to appear in the CDS entrance examination are as here under :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must lie within 20 years to 25 years.

iii) You must have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor degree course are also eligible.

iv) You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement.

So, being a NCC-C certificate holder, you are certainly eligible for CDS entrance examination if you hold the above mentioned qualifications too. Also, having NCC certificate will be an additional plus point for your candidature.

For more details regarding the CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
8th October 2018, 08:56 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility to join Officers Training Academy for NCC-C holder?

Being A NCC C holder, you will have to clear written test and Service Selection Board of Combined Defence Services exam.

Examination conducting body of CDS is UPSC.

Eligibility criteria:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized board.

Age limit: 20-25 years.

If you fulfill above mentioned criteria then only you can apply for CDS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?