14th August 2018, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to re-appear for 12th board exam under Commerce after failing in Science stream?

I had given my 12th board exam from Science stream but failed the exam. Now, I'm planing to transfer my stream from Science to Commerce and re-appear for board exam again from Commerce stream. Is it possible?

15th August 2018, 08:53 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Possibility to re-appear for 12th board exam under Commerce after failing in Science stream?

This is not possible. You can not change your stream after appearing for senior secondary board examination. To change your stream, you need to take admission in 11th standard and change your stream and then reappear for board examination.

It would be better for you to continue with same stream. Study well and focus on your weak subjects. It is very easy to score marks in subjects which you have studied since last two years. Practice important subjects of your board exam.
15th August 2018, 10:40 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to re-appear for 12th board exam under Commerce after failing in Science stream?

Yes, if you are failed in Science stream, then you can re-appear for 12th Board Exam from Commerce stream.

For this, you will have to fill application form for changing your stream from Science to Commerce.

After your stream is changed, you need to apply for 12th Board Exam as a private candidate for commerce stream.

While filling private candidate form, you need to pay the required fees for all the subjects that will be included in Private Exam.
15th August 2018, 12:15 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

** As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to re-appear for 12th board exam under Commerce after failing in Science stream.

** My suggestion to you is that you should appear again in 12th examinations with same stream i.e Science stream.

** Also you should score at least 50% marks in your 12th class examinations.
15th August 2018, 01:49 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes it is possible to change stream within the session. Thee is no any issue while changing stream.
You can change board also.
You can write exam next year but as a private candidate.
15th August 2018, 02:39 PM
Expert_answer

Yes, it is possible, but you have to repeat your 10+1 and 10+2. Some, schools may take you directly for 10+2 but you will have to work hard.
15th August 2018, 05:34 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

You can not change your stream in 12th board after failing in science stream.

Stream change is not allowed in 12th board. The selection of stream is done in 11th standard. To change your stream, you need to take admission in 11th standard and register for board exam with commerce stream.

It is advisable to continue with same stream with better preparation to score better marks.
15th August 2018, 06:01 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible to change the stream now because you are already in class 12 and have appeared in the exam previous year. It means that your registration was already completed and you have the admit card. So, you are already stated to appear in the exam next year in commerce stream. It is utterly impossible to change it now.

So, I want to suggest you to be prepare well for you upcoming board exam instead of frustrating too much by thinking the previous failure. Don't forget that, "Adversity widens the chance of introspection".
15th August 2018, 06:04 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible for any candidate to reappear for board exam of 12th from a different stream without registration with same stream in 11th standard. You are eligible to appear for board examination with science stream only.

If you want to appear for board exam with commerce stream then register for board again in 11th standard with commerce stream.
15th August 2018, 08:42 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible to reappear for 12th board examination with different stream when you have already appeared for board exam with science stream.

Students are not allowed to change their stream in 12th board of examination. You can continue with science stream to save academic year loss.
15th August 2018, 10:49 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

You can reappear for 12th board examination with commerce stream.

But for change of stream, you need to write an application to your school and request them to change your board to commerce from science stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?