14th August 2018, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NEET-2019 exam as I will be passing 12th NIOS in same year?

I'll be appearing for class 12th from NIOS in April, 2019 so, will I be eligible for NEET-2019 which will be held in the month of February, 2019 and if I get a good rank in NEET, being an NIOS student can I get admission in JB Roy Medical College, Kolkata?

15th August 2018, 09:37 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NEET-2019 exam as I will be passing 12th NIOS in same year?

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is held for offering admission in undergraduate medical courses such as MBBS/BDS etc. across all the medical colleges of India except AIIMS and JIPMER.

The minimum education required for pursuing NEET, is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in PCB group subjects from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH candidates. Students going to appear in their Class 12th board examination are eligible to apply for the NEET of same examination.

So, going to appear in your Class 12th board in 2019 from NIOS board, you are eligible to apply for NEET 2019 and can get admission in undergraduate medical degree course in your desired medical college once you qualify NEET and manages to secure at least 50% marks in your PCB group.

For more details regarding NEET, you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
15th August 2018, 10:37 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NEET-2019 exam as I will be passing 12th NIOS in same year?

There is no NEET examination going to be conducted in February 2019 as it will be conducted as usual in the month of May.

The examination is conducted for admission in medical courses in government and private colleges. Yes, candidate appearing for 12th board examination with Physics, Chemistry,and Biology are eligible to appear in examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
15th August 2018, 10:58 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for NEET exam:

Academic qualification: Senior secondary board examination passed with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

Board appearing candidates can apply for NEET 2019.

The minimum age limit is 17 years.
15th August 2018, 12:19 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and the minimum education required for appearing in the same examination is a higher secondary school degree i.e; Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks from a recognized board. Students appearing in their Class 12th board examinations are also eligible.

So, going to appear in your Class 12th board examination in April 2019, you are certainly eligible for appearing in NEET 2019.

For more detailed information regarding NEET eligibility criteria, you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in.
15th August 2018, 01:06 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

There will be no two NEET examination in 2019 as there was some proposal as now MHRD has taken decision to conduct a single NEET in 2019.

The examination is conducted for admission in MBBS, BDS and other courses in private or government colleges.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidates pursuing in 12th and appearing for board examination in 2019 are also eligible to appear.

Candidate passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are eligible.

The minimum age limit is 17 years.
15th August 2018, 04:11 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. NEET is a competitive entrance examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for admission in various professional medical courses like MBBS, BDS course.

The academic qualification required is 12th passed from a recognized board with PCB subjects with minimum of 50% marks. Board appearing candidates can apply for NEET exam. NIOS is a recognized board. Your rank in NEET will decide your chances of getting admission in JB Roy Medical college.
15th August 2018, 05:49 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you will be allowed to appear in NEET 2019 entrance examination. Appearing candidates are also eligible to write NEET entrance test.
You must have to pass 12th board from any of the board and certificates from NIOS board is also valid.
After passing NEET entrance test you are allowed to get admission in college of your choice.
15th August 2018, 06:00 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for NEET examination:

12th passed from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

You need to have at least 50% marks in 12th board exam.

The age limit is 17 -25 years.

Board appearing candidates can apply for NEET exam after 12th from NIOS.
15th August 2018, 08:03 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for NEET exam:

12th passed from a recognized board with minimum of 50% marks. In board of 12th, you must have studied Physics, Chemistry and biology.

Board appearing candidates of NIOS in 2019 can apply for exam.
15th August 2018, 08:17 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

PCB subjects in 12th are necessary to apply for NEET exam.

Minimum percentage required is 50% marks.

Age limit is 17 years.
15th August 2018, 08:50 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. Higher secondary board passed from a recognized board with minimum of 50% marks in 12th.

2. Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects are necessary in 12th.

3. You can apply for NEET exam in 12th board examination year.
15th August 2018, 10:47 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you will qualify in NEET examination you will become eligible to get admission in MBBS and BDS course in government or private colleges.

The entrance examination is conducted by CBSE. It is conducted once in a year. There will be no NEET examination two times in 2019.

So, you just need to focus on the examination which will be conducted in May 2019. Yes candidates passed 12th from NIOS are eligible to appear in examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?