20th January 2018, 06:49 PM
Unregistered

Is there any possibility to switch to Arts stream after failing in 12th last year from Commerce stream?

I'm in 12th and from Commerce stream. However, I failed last year. Is there any possibility to switch to Arts stream this year? Is yes, to whom should I apply? Should I apply to school or to the board?

21st January 2018, 08:21 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any possibility to switch to Arts stream after failing in 12th last year from Commerce stream?

If you want to switch your stream from Commerce stream to Arts then you need to take admission again in 11th standard and opt for Arts stream subjects. You can not directly appear for 12th board examination directly.

It would be better for your to prepare well commerce stream subjects and again appear from the same stream to avoid one year academic wastage.
21st January 2018, 11:32 AM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: Is there any possibility to switch to Arts stream after failing in 12th last year from Commerce stream?

Yes, there is a possibility to do it. There are two ways to give exam in Arts stream if failed in Commerce stream.

- If you are from CBSE board you should approach your school to register your name in Arts while sending the list to the board for the next year.

- You can apply to NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) and select Arts as your examination subjects while applying the form for that year.

- Changing school or board won't solve the problem you can do the same from your current school as well without any hindrance as your school has all the particulars of you.
21st January 2018, 03:43 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

You can apply from school or from regional office of your Board to change your stream from Commerce to Arts stream.

You can apply as a Private candidate and fill the application form for Board exams for Art stream.

In case, your school doesn't offer you this provision, visit regional office of Board immediately for proper rules.
17th June 2023, 08:34 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

The possibility of switching to the Arts stream after failing in 12th grade last year from the Commerce stream may depend on several factors, including the policies and guidelines of the school or educational institution you are currently enrolled in. It's important to note that policies can vary between different schools and educational boards.

In many cases, if you have failed in a particular stream or grade, there may be limitations or requirements for switching to a different stream. Some schools or boards may have specific criteria for eligibility, such as minimum academic performance or specific subjects that need to be cleared. They may also consider factors like available seats and infrastructure to accommodate the switch.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?