5th November 2017, 10:08 AM
Jayasree saha

Is it possible to become a pilot without studing mathematics subject?

Hello. I am Jayashree Saha and I am a student of class 11. I am studying science ( physics + chemistry+ biology) but I do not have a mathematics. Can I still apply for being a pilot? What are the necessary procedures needed? Please do help me to understand if I can become a pilot without studying mathematics.
Thanking you,
Jayasree Saha

10th November 2017, 09:26 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become a pilot without studing mathematics subject?

No, without Mathematics you are not eligible to apply for Commercial Pilot license.

For becoming Pilot, you must have studied 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your primary subjects with at least 50% marks.

In addition to this, your age must be at least 18 years.

Your height should be 64 to 77 inches when standing.

And while sitting, height should be 34 to 40 inches.
10th November 2017, 09:48 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become a pilot without studing mathematics subject?

For becoming commercial pilot the basic qualification required is 10+2 in science stream. Since you have studied in science stream you are eligible to become commercial pilot.

First you need to join in flying schools and take training for becoming pilot. After completing your training you need to attend a test based on your performance in the test you’ll be given license like SPL, CPL and PPL. Based on the license you’ll be recruited as pilot in different air line companies.

There are many flying schools in India. Some of them are listed below.

- Karnal aviation club, karnal, Haryana.
- Government flying club, aerodrome, Lucknow.
- School of aviation science and technology, New Delhi.
- State civil aviation, up govt flying training centre Kanpur and Varanasi.
- Indira Gandhi rashtriya uran Akademi, Uttar Pradesh.
- Flying training institute, Behala, Calcutta.
- Government aviation training institute, Bhubaneswar.
- Rajasthan state flying school, Jaipur.
- Govt flying training school Jakkur aerodrome, Bangalore.
11th November 2017, 10:13 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

For becoming pilot you need Physics and Maths as a compulsory subject .
But do not worry you can also pursue Maths and Physics (2 subjects needed) from National Institute of open schooling and after its complete you can begin your Pilot training courses.
11th November 2017, 11:34 AM
ganesh balaji

Red face Re: Is it possible to become a pilot without studing mathematics subject?

You can become a pilot, although not in India. Most countries other than India issue licenses based on nothing but your age and physical/mental fitness. If you are willing to train and settle in a different country then yes, you can.
11th November 2017, 02:50 PM
Onlyforme

No, you are not eligible to be a commercial pilot without having Mathematics in class 12th along with this you should have passed 12th in PCM with minimum marks of 50%.
11th November 2017, 09:00 PM
Navneet patyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayasree saha View Post
Hello. I am Jayashree Saha and I am a student of class 11. I am studying science ( physics + chemistry+ biology) but I do not have a mathematics. Can I still apply for being a pilot? What are the necessary procedures needed? Please do help me to understand if I can become a pilot without studying mathematics.
Thanking you,
Jayasree Saha

No, you cannot become a pilot without Mathematic. Mathematic is important subject.
There are following eligibility to become pilot.
^ You should have 12th with PCM ( Physics, Chemistry, Mathematic).
^ You should have minimum 50% marks.
^ Your age should be more than 18 years.
^ You should have good English knowledge.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?