6th February 2018, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to change stream to Computer Science Engineering in B.Tech?

Im completed my Diploma in Mechanical now I want to do B.Tech but not in Mechanical. I want to change my stream to Computer Science Engineering. So, will I be able to do so? Will I face any kind of problems?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do B.E. in Civil or Mechanical Engineering after diploma in Computer Science? Is change of stream allowed from diploma to B.E.?
  2. Can I change the branch in engineering as computer science after completion of diploma in electrical engineering?
  3. Possibility to change stream to Civil Engineering for BTech Mechanical 1st year student? -- [New]
  4. Is it possible for me to change my stream in B.Tech after completion of diploma course? or I need to take the same stream as in diploma?
  5. Can I change my stream from mechanical engineering to computer science engineering after diploma?
  6. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  7. Which course is better to do DBA MCA or MSc IT?
  8. Civil engineering student wanting to transfer to Computer Science/IT stream
  9. Can I change my stream from Electronics and Electrical engineering to Mechanical or Computer engineering?
  10. Names of the universities through which I can complete my B.Tech in Haryana? I have passed diploma in Mechanical
  11. Can I change my engineering stream while doing btech? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. What is the fee structure of 4 year B.Tech in MIT Bangalore
  13. Eligibility to study MTech(Computer Science & Engineering) for BTech(ECE) student?
  14. Details of B.Tech(Computer Science and Engineering) course? Job opportunities through this field?
  15. What is the best government job in computer science engineering?
  16. Can I study B.Tech(Software Engineering/IT) after completing Diploma in Computer Science Engineering?
  17. Can I get Lateral Entry to study B.E./B.Tech in IIT being a Medical Electronics Diploma student? Possibility to change stream into Computer Science Engineering?
  18. Can I change my branch in engineering after completing diploma course?
11th February 2018, 11:42 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to change stream to Computer Science Engineering in B.Tech?

Yes, you can change the stream in Bachelor degree after completion of the diploma degree. You can apply for B.Tech in Computer Science though you have completed diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Even, you can apply for direct admission in the second year of B.Tech through LEET examination.
It is recommended to keep the same stream in B.Tech as that of Diploma because there are so many topics revised in B.Tech that you have already studied in Diploma. If you change the stream, you have to make fresh basic that may create some difficulties to score good marks.
12th February 2018, 08:09 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to change stream to Computer Science Engineering in B.Tech?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in computer science stream in the B.Tech course.

Candidates after diploma is eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course through lateral entry but not eligible to change the stream.

So, you are eligible to get admission only in the Mechanical engineering stream.

To get admission you have to appear and qualify for entrance test. The entrance test is conducted by private institutes and state government colleges.
9th March 2023, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

can i change stream in btech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?