8th May 2016, 05:29 AM
eng shaacuur

Civil engineering student wanting to transfer to Computer Science/IT stream

i am one of the students of civil engineering studing 1 year and want to transfer computer science and i am interested in computer sc which is better future

Related Questions:
  1. Is is a good option to take Civil engineering as optional subject in Civil services exam? Is it easy to score at?
  2. Best stream to study among Mechanical, Computer, Electronics & Communication, Civil, Chemical and Automobile in Diploma in Engineering course?
  3. Procedure to transfer to a different college while studying in 1st year Civil Engineering in Bharat Engineering College?
  4. Which subject should I take in IAS exam after B.Tech in CS?
  5. What is the best stream in M.tech for Computer Science and Engineering Student?
  6. Is it possible for me to change the stream in B.E to marine or aeronautical after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  7. Which stream I can opt for doing B.E after completion of diploma in Civil?
  8. How can I change my stream to Civil Engineering being a Mechanical student?
  9. Which branch is better in engineering between computer science and civil for hindi medium student?
  10. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  11. Which stream of engineering is better for me after passing 12th computer science with 87%
  12. Computer courses a civil engineering student should do in vacations -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Which MBA stream to choose after Civil Engineering? Is there anything called MBA in Civil?
  14. Types of exams and qualifications for Civil Engineering Student?
  15. Which branch will I get after scoring 15476 rank in KIITEE?
  16. What to do to change from ME to CSE branch being a candidate of pursuing 3rd semester in ME?
  17. Next JTO post vacancy notification?
  18. Can I good branch in HBTI having 2170 general rank in UPTU?
8th August 2017, 04:10 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Civil engineering student wanting to transfer to Computer Science/IT stream

You can apply for changing your stream from Civil Engineering to Computer science engineering just after completion of first year of B.Tech. You have to fulfill some of the criteria to avail this facility like you must not have any pending backlog of first year exam.
For changing the stream, you have to write an application to the administration head and process the same through proper channel.
If the management approved your application, then you can attend Computer science engineering classes from second year.
9th April 2021, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Civil engineering student wanting to transfer to Computer Science/IT stream

How to write an application changing from civil to computer science
13th May 2021, 02:37 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That's ok if you had opt for civil engineering field , one can slide to other B.Tech specialization in the first year itself as in the first year,there would be common B.Tech course.
You need to write a letter to the HOD,requesting sliding of the course .
16th May 2021, 04:23 PM
$aurav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You need to contact the administration department of your college regarding the process for switching your stream as it may vary from college to college.

Both the streams have good future in India since it is a developing country. Computer science students have many opportunities as there are many product based as well service based startups and companies in India. However, you should only choose the stream in which you can do your best.

Thank you
18th May 2021, 01:26 PM
yatharthmarketing

You can change engineering stream but you have to meet the special criteria/rules of your university.

https://www.yatharthmarketing.com/leadership-training-programs.html
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?